Star Choice

Topaz

I'm NOT happy with my TV provider Starchoice right now. For many years I've watched C-PAC and the Ontario Legislature but lately Star decided to cancel the Ontario Legislature!!!! They still are running the British Columbia legislature though. I'm wondering if Express-u still has it on?? I've e-mailed both the government and Starchoice vp.

I'm NOT happy with my TV provider Starchoice right now. For many years I've watched C-PAC and the Ontario Legislature but lately Star decided to cancel the Ontario Legislature!!!! They still are running the British Columbia legislature though. I'm wondering if Express-u still has it on?? I've e-mailed both the government and Starchoice vp.

I know how you feel. Bundling is the enemy. In a free market system, we should be able to subsrcibe as we will. We do not have that with Bell, Rogers, etc..

I have Rogers. I have to pay for all kinds of crap (I mean MTV? Come on. Should be ATV. Know what I mean?) to get a small number of channels I value. This is what happens when you monopolize a market.

Our regulatory process has failed us.

I asked the person from Star Choice why it was cancelled and she said because of LOW ratings!!! I know, not everyone watches politics but then again not everyone watches sports, the cooking shows etc. This political channel came with the package and then they went and changed it. I have a feeling they may end up showing C-span from Washington DC as a replacement!!

I asked the person from Star Choice why it was cancelled and she said because of LOW ratings!!! I know, not everyone watches politics but then again not everyone watches sports, the cooking shows etc. This political channel came with the package and then they went and changed it. I have a feeling they may end up showing C-span from Washington DC as a replacement!!

That's OK, as it seems everything in Canada is measured by what happens "down south" anyway. Happy surfing!

Star Choice sucks! Their PPV sucks! Their Program Guide sucks!

They used to provide 35 channels on PPV. Now they have about 9 and that changes daily. The program guide is a joke! They give one sentence descriptions about the show and sometimes all you get are the names of who's starring, or "Program Information Is Not Available". I have complained to them about the program guide and they don't bother answering. If you need Tech support, you need to have a lunch handy by the phone. The wait time is ridiculously long!

Edited by Carinthia

Why, I had way better channels than shittacular star choice. So a person has to wait 10 seconds for the dish to align and acquire a signal, who cares.

I like the channels I have now. i wasn't very old when we had the big dish, so maybe that's why.

I like the channels I have now. i wasn't very old when we had the big dish, so maybe that's why.

Growing up we had 4 channels, 2 english and 2 french.

Now I have quite a few more. But seriously, complaining about the choice is silly. You have cable service plus a couple of datelitte providers. Pick one or both or none.

• 3 weeks later...
Growing up we had 4 channels, 2 english and 2 french.

Now I have quite a few more.

And there's quite a bit less on worth watching. Most evenings, when there was just the three US networks, CBC and CTV, there was almost always something worth watching. Now you mostly have reality shows on the networks, and old reruns and old movies on the vast majority of other stations. Most evenings my big screen TV stays silent and dark from the time the news goes off around 6:30 until I go to bed.

Star Choice sucks! Their PPV sucks! Their Program Guide sucks!

They used to provide 35 channels on PPV. Now they have about 9 and that changes daily. The program guide is a joke! They give one sentence descriptions about the show and sometimes all you get are the names of who's starring, or "Program Information Is Not Available".

I have to admit this has been a major annoyance of mine for some time. Would it be so damned hard to include more than the names of the primary actors, more than 1 brief sentence? It's an electronic guide so it's not like there'd be a huge print cost. I should probably cancel my movie networks since I have no idea what any of them are about most of the time anyway.

I also have to say that HDTV has a long way to go before it's of any interest to me. The only station which regularly runs true HDTV is sportsnet. The rest are either modified to enhance a regular broadcast (which means its not in wide screen format) or feature documentary shows where the hdtv format is of little to no value, with lots of grainy old black and white pictures and images. I honestly wouldn't pay ten cents extra for any channel available on HDTV right now.

I'm surprised so many here are paid subscribers. Walk down most streets in Winnipeg and all I see gray market dishes pulling in signals from all over. Don't like all of Star Choice, grab some Bell as well and Direct and Dishnet. The government and police don't do much about it. In fact, I've been told that many cop homes have the the dishes.

I sometimes feel a little like a rebel that I actually pay for a signal.