Canada's Gas Prices

and refining capacity.
We definitely require refining capacity in Canada.
Also, the cost of producing the oil is rising too.
Just like military equipment.
As far as $10 per gallon gas...bring it on. up. Still cheap at twice that price. :lol:

Sell it in the US for $10/gallon first...

Bush Cheney is a fitting handle indeed.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely require refining capacity in Canada.

Yes, thats why Shell is beginning a $27B expansion at one of its refineries and a new pipeline being built will send 40K more barrels of oil per day to BC.

The American GDP only accounts for 24% of the worlds economy. That means the world would get along just fine without you.

Oh My God!!!

Imagine what a 24% drop in GDP would do to a strong large economy. Now imagine something worse.

You're the kind of person who could unite the left and the right and bring them together for the sole pupose of pointing their fingers and laughing at your stupidity.

Oh My God!!!

Imagine what a 24% drop in GDP would do to a strong large economy. Now imagine something worse.

You're the kind of person who could unite the left and the right and bring them together for the sole pupose of pointing their fingers and laughing at your stupidity.

It's called world influence buddy. The United States Income relative to the rest of the world has been shrinking. They have been running deficits for years. They borrowed to issue rebate/welfare checks. Yes, I can see how a dullard such as yourself would call the premise of this thread stupid.

So what you are saying is that I am stupid because I say implement the same laws as the United States. So If I am stupid to you that would also make the United States stupid in your mind as well.

Whatever you say comrad.

Guest American Woman
Newsflash honey,

The American GDP only accounts for 24% of the worlds economy. That means the world would get along just fine without you. Your Country corporate scams/fraud shows what to expect from America.

Wow. One nation all by itself "only" accounts for a quarter of the entire world's economy. I didn't realize how poor and insignificant we are. :rolleyes:

Hurt who me personally or Canada?

Hurt you personally. I wouldn't presume to link you with all Canadians.

It's not a company giving you the rebate check, it's the US treasury. That's a Huge difference. If it comes from the government, it's welfare.

And where do you think the government got the money for my rebate? From ME. I gave them money, they gave a little bit back. That's not called "welfare," that's called a "rebate" whether it comes from a company or the government. I suppose when you get a refund check you think that's welfare too?

You call me dumb ass, hahhahahhhhahhahha. Ironically, the Americans spent their rebate/welfare checks predominately at walmart. Where does walmart get its products: CHINA!!! Yeah, looks good on you, tards. Give China more money, so the emerging "middle class" can buy more subsidized gas/oil being bought from Canada. In turn driving up world oil prices and costing the US more to buy the 1 million and half barrels of oil they are bringing in from Alberta.

Actually, I don't have to call you a "dumb ass;" your posts, such as the one quoted above, do it for me.

So ya, you got rebate/welfare checks which has only put the US more in debt, deflated the currency, and ironically pushed up the cost of gas at the pumps.

And yet, according your your posts, we are paying less for the cost of gas at the pumps than you are.

Yep, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, its a duck. !!!!!!!DUMB ASSES!!!! Stupid is, what stupid does.

Keep talking like this and I'm going to think I should be applying to MENSA.

Go ahead issue more rebate checks and give china more money.

Sorry. I won't be spending my rebate check at Walmart.

When you get your heads out of your ass and recognized you are competing against the minds of 68 million people you will graple the gravity of the situation. The chinese have to be smarter, they have a trillion and half american dollars in their possession. The have a rising emerging middle class, the aristocratic american dream. This middle class is perched on the shoulders of Walmart and any other major company who uses china to outsource their work and import their goods into the United States. The middle class of china is laughing at the United States.

Your ignorance is showing. China's emerging middle class only makes up about 5% of its population. On the other hand, the U.S. already has a strong middle class living a very good lifestyle. So even if they were laughing at us per your ludicrous claim, it would be a very small part of China's population and they really wouldn't have any grounds for their laughter. :rolleyes:

Wow. One nation all by itself "only" accounts for a quarter of the entire world's economy. I didn't realize how poor and insignificant we are. :rolleyes:

Hurt you personally. I wouldn't presume to link you with all Canadians.

Was 50% not so long ago

And where do you think the government got the money for my rebate? From ME. I gave them money, they gave a little bit back. That's not called "welfare," that's called a "rebate" whether it comes from a company or the government. I suppose when you get a refund check you think that's welfare too?

They borrowed it. The US treasury has nothing to give you back. If You are running deficits How does that work. Must be American math.

Actually, I don't have to call you a "dumb ass;" your posts, such as the one quoted above, do it for me.

And yet, according your your posts, we are paying less for the cost of gas at the pumps than you are.

You are so funny. Yes, we are paying more for alot of things. We always have but that doesn't make it right.

Keep talking like this and I'm going to think I should be applying to MENSA.

Sorry. I won't be spending my rebate check at Walmart.

Hate to break it to you, but that's where people spent their welfare checks.

Your ignorance is showing. China's emerging middle class only makes up about 5% of its population. On the other hand, the U.S. already has a strong middle class living a very good lifestyle. So even if they were laughing at us per your ludicrous claim, it would be a very small part of China's population and they really wouldn't have any grounds for their laughter. :rolleyes:

LOL, They expect a million homes a year for the next 4 years to be foreclosed upon. The United States economy is being strangled by rising gas prices. So 60 million chinese buying the SUV's and driving around on subsidized gas is not hurting the United States? That's a small number to you? So who is changing their "lifestyles", the chinese middle class or the Americans. Last time I checked GM threw thousands out of work and cutting production of their SUVs. Americans can't wait to buy fuel efficient cars. Can that be said about the Chinese. No, life's good for them. Their economy is still growing gang busters and they are driving the SUV's you can't afford. Funny thing, the middle class in china just got bonuses. They were happy with the unexpected surge in orders from walmart.

Yes, I can see how a dullard such as yourself would call the premise of this thread stupid.

No I'm not calling the premise stupid....

So what you are saying is that I am stupid because I say implement the same laws as the United States. So If I am stupid to you that would also make the United States stupid in your mind as well.

Okay...yes. Since we produce more than we consume....then yes that would be stupid. On the other hand news of the US reserves being larger than expected has produced a sharp drop in the price of oil....Now the US comsumes more than they produce...you see this is an apples and watermelons dichotomy (you might want to look that up)...

Whatever you say comrad. (sic)

And to think, only a day or so ago I was a card carrying member of the CPC/Liberal Party.... :lol:

No I'm not calling the premise stupid....

Okay...yes. Since we produce more than we consume....then yes that would be stupid.

It sounds like our real problem is that we don't have the refining capacity to redress the demand of Canadian Consumers. However, passing such a law would likely go a long way in fixing this situation. So you think such a law is stupid and you are ok with Canadians paying world prices for their own oil. With a Canadian like you, who needs enemies.

On the other hand news of the US reserves being larger than expected has produced a sharp drop in the price of oil....Now the US comsumes more than they produce...you see this is an apples and watermelons dichotomy (you might want to look that up)...

A few bucks here or there makes no difference. Canadians shouldn't being paying world/retail prices for their own oil. There is such a thing as wholesale prices...(you might want to look that up)

And to think, only a day or so ago I was a card carrying member of the CPC/Liberal Party.... :lol:

You're certainly a devil's advocate. Send him, my regards, when you meet up with him. :P

It sounds like our real problem is that we don't have the refining capacity to redress the demand of Canadian Consumers.

Yeah but there is no problem addressing demand. Have you seen lineups? Has their been rationaing? No.

However, passing such a law would likely go a long way in fixing this situation.

I'm surethat would fix the line ups...line ups at the employment office.....etc etc

So you think such a law is stupid and you are ok with Canadians paying world prices for their own oil.

Yes. And I'm okay with canadians being paid world prices too.

Meaningless babble

Yeah whatever...

Yeah but there is no problem addressing demand. Have you seen lineups? Has their been rationaing? No.

Point would be to drive the prices down. Oversupply = lower price.

I'm surethat would fix the line ups...line ups at the employment office.....etc etc

Yes. And I'm okay with canadians being paid world prices too.

Yeah whatever...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nfaridi/2449095474/

Somebody took this in Saudi Arabia, They are paying 47 cents a litre. Your whole defense of why Canada should pay world prices for its own oil is garbage.

So Eastern Canada can pay world price for its imported oil and Western Canada can pay $45 a bbl for domestic oil. Works for me.

In case you haven't been following the News, Newfoundland has oil of its own. It's only a matter of time before that oil is being pumped out. Not only does nfld have oil they have a refinery that snc lavalin (The same vultures that own the 407) was pushing into bankruptcy but backed off for some reason. With this reality, nfld should not have to pay for imported oil or gasoline for that matter. With this reality, should those in Newfoundland be paying world oil prices for this oil? This is rhetorical as I already know the attitudes of those on this thread.

In case you haven't been following the News, Newfoundland has oil of its own. It's only a matter of time before that oil is being pumped out. Not only does nfld have oil they have a refinery that snc lavalin (The same vultures that own the 407) was pushing into bankruptcy but backed off for some reason. With this reality, nfld should not have to pay for imported oil or gasoline for that matter. With this reality, should those in Newfoundland be paying world oil prices for this oil? This is rhetorical as I already know the attitudes of those on this thread.

You pay world prices for everything, why do you think you shouldn't have to pay them for oil? Why do you think that some other part of the country should subsidize you when you demand market value for anything you produce? You just want something for nothing.

Somebody took this in Saudi Arabia, They are paying 47 cents a litre. Your whole defense of why Canada should pay world prices for its own oil is garbage.

The House of Saud subsidizes the price of gasolene....that and they have no taxes on gasolene.....and the comparison is irrelevant.

Once again, there is no good reason for Canadian Tax payers to subsidize the price of gas.

From here on out I am going to cross reference your attitudes with the following defininations to determine where you are categorized.

All definitions from Dictionary.com

patriotism (You put the interest and needs of your Country over others)

devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

imperialism (American or Other National)

1 The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.

2 The system, policies, or practices of such a government.

traitor (Canadian who Panders to the Interest of the Oil Companies or Foreign Governments)

2. a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

whore (Oil Companies, Government Workers involved with the Oil Companies)

To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

Why so hard on whores, they at least work for what they get, unlike some who expect others to pay their way.

The only others I am saying should pay our way is the foreign buyers of this Oil. Your answer is unpatriotic to your fellow Countrymen. You sir are a traitor.

traitor (Canadian who Panders to the Interest of the Oil Companies or Foreign Governments)

and a

whore

The only others I am saying should pay our way is the foreign buyers of this Oil. Your answer is unpatriotic to your fellow Countrymen. You sir are a traitor.

They do. They pay the world market price and that goes directly into opur pockets.

From now on I am going to cross reference your attitudes with the following defininations to determine where you are categorized.

Imbecile: See Moron

Moron: See Cretin

Cretin: See Dunce

Dunce: See Dullard

Dullard: See Twit

Twit: See Halfwit

Halfwit: See Whowhere

and a

whore

You have no problem compromising your principles to force someone into selling you something for far less than it is worth. What does that make you?

Oil just didn't hit $147 and then drop back to $129 because that is what someone decided to charge for it. It didn't once cost $7 because that is what someone wanted to charge for it. It did so because that was what people were willing to pay for it. When that concept sinks in, get back to us but unfortunately it will be a little more difficult to use cool words like traitor and whore.

They do. They pay the world market price and that goes directly into opur pockets.

I believe we have a moron here. The money paid for the oil at world prices comes out of your pocket (at the pumps) and into the oil companies pockets (world oil prices). Follow the money idiot. Now, if you are refering to the gas taxes, corporate incomes taxes, and other income taxes, get a real job you government tit sucking parasite.

But yet you want the government to subsidize your oil use?

How is the government subsidizing the use of oil? Your logic makes no sense.

There was a day when they built the transcanada pipeline and homes were being hooked up for natural gas. At that time the returns the gas company could make were regulated. It could have been 10%, I am not sure. Hydro has always been regulated to the KWH they could charge. For you to find fault in suggesting the returns on oil being sold to Canadians not be regulated is hypocritical when that is what Canada has a history of doing.

There is nothing wrong with regulating a 10% return for oil companies in selling Canadians their own oil. That has been the practice of Canada and the provinces in the past. So why should it not be the practice of the present.

The attitudes of the likes of you goes to this

The organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide

who was In charge. Each organ took a turn to speak up:

Brain......... I should be in charge because I run all body functions.

Blood........ I should be in charge because I circulate oxygen for the

brain.

Stomach... I should be in charge because I process food to the brain.

Legs......... I should be in charge because I take the brain where it

wants to go.

Eyes......... I should be in charge because I let the brain see where

it's going.

Asshole.....I should be in charge because I get rid of your waste. All

the other parts laughed so hard and this made the asshole very mad.

To prove his point, the asshole immediately slammed tightly closed and

stayed that way for 6 days, refusing to rid the body of any waste

whatsoever.

Day 1 - Brain got a terrible headache and cried out for relief

Day 2 - Stomach got bloated and began to ache terribly

Day 3 - Legs got cramps and became unstable

Day 4 - Eyes became watery and vision became blurred

Day 5 - Blood became toxic and poisoned the body

Day 6 -The other organs agreed to let the asshole be in charge.

MORAL OF THE STORY: "NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, OR HOW IMPORTANT YOU THINK

YOU ARE, YOU WILL FIND THAT IT IS ALWAYS THE ASSHOLE THAT IS IN CHARGE"

Not to worry, if gas goes as the CNN documentary "out of gas" states, the people of Canada will rise up to head off $10 a gallon gasoline. You can count on a new party evolving to take the reigns of Canada that will do something about it. Count on it! ;)

There was a day when they built the transcanada pipeline and homes were being hooked up for natural gas. At that time the returns the gas company could make were regulated. It could have been 10%, I am not sure. Hydro has always been regulated to the KWH they could charge. For you to find fault in suggesting the returns on oil being sold to Canadians not be regulated is hypocritical when that is what Canada has a history of doing.

There is nothing wrong with regulating a 10% return for oil companies in selling Canadians their own oil. That has been the practice of Canada and the provinces in the past. So why should it not be the practice of the present.

The large hydro developments in this country were all built and owned by government, that is why the price of hydro can be regulated. Gas companies buy gas on the open market at the going rate and deliver it to your home on a cost plus basis. Some may have to apply for rate increases but they pay the going rate for gas or what ever rate they have hedged.

When did we ever regulate a 10% return for oil companies? Why would they bother investing in Canada when they could make so much more somewhere else?