Conservative Paranoia

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two comments best represent why conservatives perceive a bias against them in Canada. The left simply can not see the bias since they are blind to it being biased the same way. A thread titled conservative paranoia by a lefty only proves this.

Well gee, your guy is in power. Too bad he doesn't have the stones or political will to pull the plug on the C.B.C.

Perhaps others can chime in with their own experience but I've found over the years of my life that "lefties" rarely are good at math or hard sciences! Disciplines that are based on "cause and effect" tend to be rather sparse of red Liberals or NDP types. Intuitive based thinkers act as if science is simply magic. If you've decided that a substance should be banned "just in case" it's harmful to the environment, even if the evidence is weak and the cost of looking for a replacement horrendous, you take it for granted that a replacement is simply a matter of throwing money at the scientists or engineers. The idea that perhaps there IS NO replacement is something incomprehensible to such thinkers. After all, magic can do anything.

I'm thinking that most of the intellectuals that I know, be that professors or doctors and what have you, and including many in the engineering field have their political leanings solidly based on the left side of the the scale. In fact I can't think of too many that are on the right.

Well gee, your guy is in power. Too bad he doesn't have the stones or political will to pull the plug on the C.B.C.

You don't seem to follow. If the most of the media outlets in this country are to the left of center, changing one will not make a difference.

You don't seem to follow. If the most of the media outlets in this country are to the left of center, changing one will not make a difference.

CTV left wing? Let's see, would the following meet your left wing criteria: National Post, News Max, Independent Media, CanWest Global, Maclean's, Global T.V.?

Edited by jazzer

CTV left wing? Let's see, would these also follow your left wing media: National Post, CTV, News Max, Independent Media, CanWest Global, Maclean's, Global T.V., not to mention the vast majority of AM talk shows.

It's a left wing conspiracy!

just an observation, but don't all criminals go on that they are innocent and they are being picked on. is this a coincidence? van loan keeps saying that they did nothing wrong. that's not what elections canada says. maybe the criminal element (tories) should just admit that they got caught. I love it. these arrogant ,bullying misfits deserve everything they get.

just an observation, but don't all criminals go on that they are innocent and they are being picked on. is this a coincidence? van loan keeps saying that they did nothing wrong. that's not what elections canada says. maybe the criminal element (tories) should just admit that they got caught. I love it. these arrogant ,bullying misfits deserve everything they get.

Yes but we give them a little formality called a trial first.

I guess only some people get to appeal.

Isn't it odd that only now, seven years later, that former Liberal party member gets arrested, while the CPC is found guilty of wrongdoing only less than two years after the election in question? What kind of justice is that?

Isn't it odd that only now, seven years later, that former Liberal party member gets arrested, while the CPC is found guilty of wrongdoing only less than two years after the election in question? What kind of justice is that?

They've already been found guilty? That was a quick trial.

Yes, their present appeal is still ongoing, but the original Elections Canada finding took very little time when compared with the Liberal adscam case.

The LPC was in power for 13 years and in that time had put in place liberal people to head up most of the government agency and this remains the norm today so I'm not at all surprised by this sudden speedy developments.

they had their trial and where found guilty by elections canada, whose head they appointed . just because they disagree doesn't make them innocent, it just makes them like all other criminals.

Since when did Elections Canada have the power to proclaim anyone a criminal? That is the sole jurisdiction of the courts. They are a watchdog, just as subject to scrutiny by the courts.

Edited by Wilber