ABC Clinton/Obama debacle.

Did anybody catch this so called debate? They actually had a viewer ask Obama about his not wearing the American flag pin, once. :huh: Charles Gibson felt this was a very important issue, as according to him, it's been all over the internet. Speaking of "out of touch with reality" and the elite. You couldn't have found a better demonstration of it. There's a war going on, the USA is on the brink of recession etc. and they waste everybody's time with this infantile crap? Mindboggling!

How many times does a guy have to explain the Rev. Wright issue? This was a complete and utter bore.

Edited by Carinthia

....There's a war going on, the USA is on the brink of recession etc. and they waste everybody's time with this infantile crap? Mindboggling!

The issue is an old one, and it will cost Obama in the long run, as he seems to be dying from a thousand elitist cuts. Play the game or pay the price come election day. Flag pin...check.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3690000

He has to explain Reverend Wright and a whole lot more as long as he is a candidate for president.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Play the game or pay the price come election day.
Issues like wearing flag pins are based on a typical right wing assumption that the electorate are nearly brain dead. They think that this will distract them from the fact they are losing their jobs, their soldiers are dying for no useful purpose, gas is approaching $4 a gallon, and they might soon be losing their home.

This time, it ain't working, especially since the polls are not registering that Obama is "dying" at all. In fact, the more they throw at him, the more his numbers improve.

Edited by BubberMiley

Issues like wearing flag pins are based on a typical right wing assumption that the electorate are nearly brain dead. They think that this will distract them from the fact they are losing their jobs, their soldiers are dying for no useful purpose, gas is approaching $4 a gallon, and they might soon be losing their home.

Nonsense...the "flag pin" issue is not related to any of those things. Here is your "right wing" flag issue at work in Canada:

The House of Commons has passed a Liberal motion calling for the Peace Tower flag to be lowered whenever Canadian soldiers are killed abroad. [Canoe News]

This time, it ain't working, especially since the polls are not registering that Obama is "dying" at all. In fact, the more they throw at him, the more his numbers improve.

Obama has peaked early, and will not sustain his "numbers" through a general election campaign with voters who actually show up on polling day.

How many times does a guy have to explain the Rev. Wright issue? This was a complete and utter bore.

The Wright issue will keep coming up because Obama simply can not explain away why he stayed in that church for 20 years listening to such hatred and poison. Since Wright can't shut up now to help his friend, this will continue to be an issue every time Wright goes bonkers at a wedding or funeral. I can't believe that guy used a funeral to spout more of his nonsense, talk about having no respect for the dead.

When McCain wins, Wright will go so ballistic that even black folks will realize what a kook he is.

Nonsense...the "flag pin" issue is not related to any of those things. Here is your "right wing" flag issue at work in Canada:

The House of Commons has passed a Liberal motion calling for the Peace Tower flag to be lowered whenever Canadian soldiers are killed abroad. [Canoe News]

You bore me with your endless childish comparisons.

Life is tedious, boring, and always irrelevant.

Perhaps yours is.

Mine is pretty darn busy and a shitload of fun, despite some bad patches, which still were'nt boring, just not so much fun.

As for Obama, it does seem like embarrasing moments and issues keep cropping up on a regular basis for him. Actually, as I understand it not wearing the flag pin is actually a pretty big thing, its an expected thing. After all, he does want to be President of The United States Of America.

Edited by AngusThermopyle

Actually, as I understand it not wearing the flag pin is actually a pretty big thing, its an expected thing. After all, he does want to be President of The United States Of America.

You'll be relieved then to know he wore one earlier this week. I'm glad as the economy crumbles. gas prices reach record levels, war rages and threatens to spread, and people are losing their houses, you have your priorities straight.

McCain would like to continue the policies that may spell the end of the U.S. empire, but that's not even an issue.

You'll be relieved then to know he wore one earlier this week.

Why on Earth would I be relieved to know that?

Do you comprehend basic English?

What I said ( for those of a comprehension challenged nature) was that (here I quote myself) "as I understand" wearing the pin is important. Implied in that statement is an understanding that a firm non wavering comitment must be made and that for many Americans this will be important.

At any point did I say that the pin issue was of any importance to me? Did I imply either subtly or overtly that this issue would affect my life or beliefs in any way?

Well? Come on, dazzle me with your insight and knowledge.

I thought the debate was pretty good. Both made some good points. Obama looked more presidential in my opinion. It looked like Clinton was trying too hard to look the part whereas Obama was more at ease imho.

Obama seems to have the ear of the people and that is a good thing. I think he'd make a good president as he is young as has some really good ideas. I like the fact that he wants to end the bickering and get down to make his country and its people better as a whole. I wish we'd do that in Canada instead of the constant oneupmanship that we have in Canada that all parties are guilty of.

They need some fresh new bright ideas and I think that Obama could give them that whereas McCain would probably toe the line and not buck the current tide too much but I could be wrong as McCain is very Liberal for a Rep.

It is going to be a tight race right down to the wire for these primaries for sure.

McCain is just sitting back and letting Clinton and Obama do his dirty work and honestly I don't blame him. He's just gathering ammo for the presidential race.

Don't count out the GOP though. People are most likely saying that because of the spotlight being on the Dem.'s right now. That will change once the racer for the white house begins. That will be just as close imho.

Btw McCain is almost as liberal as Clinton is anyhow and the Democrats as a whole are more like the CPC than the Liberals of Canada if their policies were compared. American politics as a whole are more right wing in general than they are here.

Edited by Qwerty

The Wright issue will keep coming up because Obama simply can not explain away why he stayed in that church for 20 years listening to such hatred and poison. Since Wright can't shut up now to help his friend, this will continue to be an issue every time Wright goes bonkers at a wedding or funeral. I can't believe that guy used a funeral to spout more of his nonsense, talk about having no respect for the dead.

When McCain wins, Wright will go so ballistic that even black folks will realize what a kook he is.

That`s not true. He was on The View and he sat there for 30 minutes talking to the women and he explained about the Rev. The Rev. retired and and hasn`t been there all the 20 years Obama has. He doesn`t care for what the Rev. said, but he understands why he said it and I agree with him.

Obama has peaked early, and will not sustain his "numbers" through a general election campaign with voters who actually show up on polling day.

MOST of Canadians wanted the flag lowered too but the Cons are still fighting it, the Cons lost this issue!

That`s not true. He was on The View and he sat there for 30 minutes talking to the women and he explained about the Rev. The Rev. retired and and hasn`t been there all the 20 years Obama has. He doesn`t care for what the Rev. said, but he understands why he said it and I agree with him.

You don't seem to understand something. The View loves all things liberal and couldn't be objective towards Obama even if Rosie O'donnell's life was hanging in the balance. 30 minutes of fluff will convince Obamites, but that's only about half of all democrats and none of the Republicans. 20 years of going to a church who had a hatemonger like Wright speaks louder than anything he says about the issue now.