What Went Wrong For Barack Obama

What was the TSN Moment?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you stop killing them over there then they will stop wanting to kill you over here.

Unfortunately, using dumbed down leftwing logic and extrapolating based on flawed assumptions such as, "They will behave as I would in that situation", only reveals your flaws. Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, using dumbed down leftwing logic and extrapolating based on flawed assumptions such as, "They will behave as I would in that situation", only reveals your flaws. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I assure you my friend that I never embarrass myself. I invite you to try to do it though as opposed to jsut slinging some more murican mud and personal attacks against people who make you think. Not people who embarrass you because you people are beyond being embarrased about your evil deeds. You think it's just fine to run roughshod over oil rich countries. Is Iran or Venezuela next? Place your bets folks.

....You think it's just fine to run roughshod over oil rich countries. Is Iran or Venezuela next? Place your bets folks.

Gosh, I sure hope so...Iraq has become so boring, even the regular 'Merkin haters here have stop posting about it.

Senator Obama can pick somebody new to run roughshod over.

Gosh, I sure hope so...Iraq has become so boring, even the regular 'Merkin haters here have stop posting about it.

Senator Obama can pick somebody new to run roughshod over.

He will if he gets elected or Hillary will. Then the repubs will have a war to oppose too. And another innocent people will die under US bombs and around it goes.

Anybody confused on this should ask either shady or Bush/Cheney. They've decided it's all about hydrocarbons.

He will if he gets elected or Hillary will. Then the repubs will have a war to oppose too. And another innocent people will die under US bombs and around it goes.

Anybody confused on this should ask either shady or Bush/Cheney. They've decided it's all about hydrocarbons.

Of course....Clinton's Sec'y of State Madeline Albright said it best:

"What good is this marvellous military force if we can never use it?"

Even Canada buys the bombs...try the rest....buy the best.

Of course....Clinton's Sec'y of State Madeline Albright said it best:

"What good is this marvellous military force if we can never use it?"

Even Canada buys the bombs...try the rest....buy the best.

Well you're right about Albright and she also said that 1/2 million dead children were worth it too.

Canada took part in the Kosovo war and is just as guilty as the US for it. In fact Canada did a good portion of the bombing too and probably with US made bombs. I don't know if we make our own.

Learn right here and now that I'm not in the business of denying guilt when it is due. Neither should you be.

Canada took part in the Kosovo war and is just as guilty as the US for it. In fact Canada did a good portion of the bombing too and probably with US made bombs. I don't know if we make our own.

Canada dropped about 550 bombs with about 10% of all sorties. A job well done considering the initial lack of FLIR pods for the CF-18's. Strange as it may seem, precision guided bombing reduces collateral damage compared to dumb iron bombs, and Canadian values just loves such a capability (from the Americans, of course).

Learn right here and now that I'm not in the business of denying guilt when it is due. Neither should you be.

Guilt is a quaint notion. No balls...no blue chips. It would be interesting to see what Senator Obama would have done in such a situation.

Canada dropped about 550 bombs with about 10% of all sorties. A job well done considering the initial lack of FLIR pods for the CF-18's. Strange as it may seem, precision guided bombing reduces collateral damage compared to dumb iron bombs, and Canadian values just loves such a capability (from the Americans, of course).

Guilt is a quaint notion. No balls...no blue chips. It would be interesting to see what Senator Obama would have done in such a situation.

The smart bombs made up a small part of the total bombs dropped. You may know that and you may know that it was played up to look like they were all smart bombs. All the wars, same thing.

Obama will do the same thing as Bush and so will Clintion. Get it through your noggin that the Dems are only using an anti-war song to sing because it is so effective with the people. The people will be fooled and that's maybe something else you know. Come on along with me on this and you'll learn something today.

...Obama will do the same thing as Bush and so will Clintion. Get it through your noggin that the Dems are only using an anti-war song to sing because it is so effective with the people. The people will be fooled and that's maybe something else you know. Come on along with me on this and you'll learn something today.

Ha! You never had President Carter to deal with. It's easy to sit back in Canada and opine this or that, because you are removed by several degrees of freedom. America is the same as it ever was, and that includes "the people".

Ha! You never had President Carter to deal with. It's easy to sit back in Canada and opine this or that, because you are removed by several degrees of freedom. America is the same as it ever was, and that includes "the people".

Yes, Americans are the same but Americans never did like unsuccessful wars. They can't understand why they can't jsut win it now. They really don't care all that much about whether or not the war is legitimate and just or not. They are propagandized so thoroughly that they are very easy to convince on any war. But the war is not going well and they want it ended. They don't understand that the US can't end it without winning. And so the Dems hold all the cards for now. But the Dems will soon be discovered to be just as big liars too.

You're getting it now even though you are coming along kicking and screaming. And you're not making so many false accusations against me as you did in the beginning because you are getting tuned in to what 'my' schtick really is.

I suspect that soon all it will be is your conscience which keeps you and I disagreeing. It may already be just that.

Yes, Americans are the same but Americans never did like unsuccessful wars. They can't understand why they can't jsut win it now. They really don't care all that much about whether or not the war is legitimate and just or not. They are propagandized so thoroughly that they are very easy to convince on any war. But the war is not going well and they want it ended. They don't understand that the US can't end it without winning. And so the Dems hold all the cards for now. But the Dems will soon be discovered to be just as big liars too.

America was created by wars won and lost. The "Dems" have "warred" far more than the Republicans. Please tell us something we don't already know. Add some value if you can.

You're getting it now even though you are coming along kicking and screaming. And you're not making so many false accusations against me as you did in the beginning because you are getting tuned in to what 'my' schtick really is.

I suspect that soon all it will be is your conscience which keeps you and I disagreeing. It may already be just that.

These are only words on a forum. My point of view will prevail through the collective actions (and inactions) of millions of people around the world. You desire change, but it will not ever be. Competition (and that includes wars), are part of the human condition.

Yep, but we can expose the evil you are now coming to terms with. That's all you have left to say isn't it. I'm finished with you for now. Now get out there and cut me a nice stout willow switch and take it with you to behind the woodshed and get your pants down around your ankles. I'll see you soon! ;)

I'm not going anywhere....members like you come and go. Shooting stars of presumed moral superiority living in the same tank as the rest of us. Come back when you can handle it.

• 2 weeks later...
I think his obvious insincerity is the killer.

Comparing Obama to JFK

JFK was a notorious adulterer who profaned the presidency with multiple trysts, and used the White House staff to prevent his wife from discovering women with him there. By contrast, Obama appears to be a faithful husband. Yet, as Thomas Sowell writes elsewhere, Obama "has been leading as much of a double life as Eliot Spitzer."

What Obama found irresistible, however, was not a mini-skirt or a bursting bodice, but the cult of Black racism and treason in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Now he is telling his spiritual mistress of 20 years not to call him at work, and not to embarrass him in front of his new friends. But it's hard not to notice the lipstick on his collar.

http://comparingobama2jfk.blogspot.com (Comments enabled)

Comparing Obama to JFK

JFK was a notorious adulterer who profaned the presidency with multiple trysts, and used the White House staff to prevent his wife from discovering women with him there. By contrast, Obama appears to be a faithful husband. Yet, as Thomas Sowell writes elsewhere, Obama "has been leading as much of a double life as Eliot Spitzer."

What Obama found irresistible, however, was not a mini-skirt or a bursting bodice, but the cult of Black racism and treason in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Now he is telling his spiritual mistress of 20 years not to call him at work, and not to embarrass him in front of his new friends. But it's hard not to notice the lipstick on his collar.

http://comparingobama2jfk.blogspot.com (Comments enabled)

At least the money that got Obama close to the presidencey was not gleaned by an ancestor from the sale of crippling booze-drugs and weapons..like the Bush and Kennedy mafia. This "Black cult of racism and treason" you mention is really not a resonable approach to the dealing with Obama's latest problem regarding his overly truthful and hyper vigilant pastor...all I heard in the rants that came from this man of the cloth was the cold and horrific truth of what America has incrimentally become - the great failure in justice and real democracy. This buisness of "God damn America" is really not to far off - Imagine if you were the spirit of eternal goodness and justice - Yes - God...would you bless such a place or damn it to decay on it's own?

Obama's speech today was brilliant. He exposed how the people fretting over his pastor's words are complete and total simpletons, and yet did it without being condescending. That's a difficult balance to strike, but he did it expertly.

But we've already seen that movie. No amount of lipstick can make "Goddamn America" pretty during the general election.

+ 1 for the old white guy....

You obviously didn't hear the speech. He didn't try to make it pretty at all.

You are wrong, I not only heard it, but watched it live. He tried to make it pretty alright...because he is pretty sorry the association has come to light in the context of a presidential election. Even Al Sharpton couldn't spin this one.

An American political campaign exploits every weakness and opportunity. That's how we roll.....

You are wrong, I not only heard it, but watched it live. He tried to make it pretty alright...because he is pretty sorry the association has come to light in the context of a presidential election. Even Al Sharpton couldn't spin this one.

How is "condemning" the remarks "in unequivocal terms" making it pretty?

How is "condemning" the remarks "in unequivocal terms" making it pretty?

He is distancing himself from Wright's remarks in the context of unity and advantage for his campaign, not wholesale condemnation of Reverend Wright. Obama seeks to spin the acute event into the broader issue of race in America, deflecting liability. He knows adversaries will seize upon the remarks and video for the general campaign, even if it is only surrogates (a la Swift Boat Vets).

Amazing how a guy who won't wear a flag pin and attends a church where they the pastor yells "God Damn America" can put some many American flags in the background. He MUST be in trouble.

Yes, he is reeling from the blow, and even if he can escape the Clintons poised for a kill, he will face this music until November from McCain or surrogates.

He is distancing himself from Wright's remarks in the context of unity and advantage for his campaign, not wholesale condemnation of Reverend Wright.

He explained that he knows more about Wright than those who have only heard the controversial things he has said. People are usually more than their media-generated caracatures. He disagreed with those particular comments but a wholesale condemnation of Wright would be ridiculous and would be pandering.

No one can be interpreted by one or two inflammatory comments they have made. I'm sure we could collect your most offensive comments and make you seem like a complete sociopath, but that might be an unbalanced portrait of your overall character.

Or not.

But, in any case, again, how did he make Wright's comments pretty?