Why the surge is working

eyeball

You have no problem presuming to question the logical answer. That a US surge along with a greater capacity by Iraqi troops as well as war fatigue by insurgents, the dismantling of Al Qaeda in Iraq and greater political involvement by Sunnia and Shia have made a differnce. None of these things have happened in isolation with each other. Security was paramount.

Spoken like a true "patriot" - I was welling up in tears their for a moment...untill you started lying..."as well as war fatigue by insurgents" - that's like the father of Christ yelling out the window "I never had sex with that woman" - not a rational statement and impossible to base in any sort of fact. What did you do - wander up to the insurgents and say - How you feeling buddy, fatigued eh" -and the Iraqi insurgent replys..."Yes - I have a real bad case of war fatigue" Now where do you get this information?....also you can't dismantle "Al Qaeda" - it's a state of mind not an orgainized group with a frinking club house.

The write Dancer is acting like the Iraqi adventure was a huge smashing success..and "security was paramont" as if all was under control...You forget..prior to the intrusion there was good infrastructure - the power and water ran consistanly - the insitutions were firmly in place and Bahgdad....was as nice as city as Toronto....now the place looks like east L A in 1985...you wrecked the god damn place- there is no success there in regards to the effort of the invaders. From modern to primative all in a few years - Should have just bombed the place back into the stone age...which you did..so forget the haughty statements - America blew this one big time.

Are you saying that we shouldn't question it? That we should just accept it as fact?

But you aren't really questioning it then are you. You are just dismissing it. If I question something I usually am looking for the correct answer. You don't presume to either know one or even suggest one.

Please show me where I dismissed the idea that the surge is working...

By the way, was that a "yes" or a "no" to my question?

just because two things are correlated does not necessarily mean that one is causing the other.

You're right. You ar not dismissing it. You are not doing anything with it. I even wonder why you bothered to comment on it in the first place.

Well, if my cartoon analogy was too complicated, I'll put it another way...just because two things are correlated does not necessarily mean that one is causing the other.

I got it. This is why 'The Simpsons' is offered as a credit course at a few universities.

:lol:

Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park and King of the Hill...and the Simpsons...all more than the sum of their parts. To refer to them as mere 'cartoons' is really missing their message. No offense...

----------------------------------------------------------

Mr Burns: You know, Smithers, I think I'll donate a million dollars to the local orphanage...when pigs fly!

[They laugh. The pig sails across the sky before them.]

You're right. You ar not dismissing it. You are not doing anything with it.

Interesting.

First I was questioning it:

You have no problem presuming to question the logical answer.

Then I was dismissing it:

But you aren't really questioning it then are you. You are just dismissing it.

And now I'm not doing anything with it:

You ar not dismissing it. You are not doing anything with it.
I even wonder why you bothered to comment on it in the first place.

My point is, and has always been, that we shouldn't assume that just because the number of deaths is decreasing means that it is due to the troop surge. If you don't think that was worth commenting on, then I wonder why you bother to keep responding to me...

Interesting.

My point is, and has always been, that we shouldn't assume that just because the number of deaths is decreasing means that it is due to the troop surge. If you don't think that was worth commenting on, then I wonder why you bother to keep responding to me...

I get ignored - and the other is reponsive but the responding is not appreciated...so don't wonder why they bother responding to you ....at least you are not being pushed aside..be thankful someone like you..

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc...a common falacy.

------------------------------------------

Step on a crack...break your momma's back.

I get ignored - and the other is reponsive but the responding is not appreciated...so don't wonder why they bother responding to you ....at least you are not being pushed aside..be thankful someone like you..

I never said that the responding is not appreciated...I'm just curious why someone who thinks that a topic is not worth discussing would continue to respond over and over...

Interesting.

I was responding because I was tryning to find out what you thought. I didn't catch the Simpsons meaning and I was tring to coax an opinion from you. And after a number of posts, I still don't know what your opinion is, other than correlation doesn't mean causation.

I was responding because I was tryning to find out what you thought. I didn't catch the Simpsons meaning and I was tring to coax an opinion from you. And after a number of posts, I still don't know what your opinion is, other than correlation doesn't mean causation.

Big words with no meaning.