Iranian Navy in Running for Darwin Award

M.Dancer

Oh god, are you a member of that same church that gay fella from Toronto was? You know, he was over in Iraq, taken hostage, they beheaded his American buddy - Then the Americans, at much risk to themselves, rescued him and others from this 'church' and they blamed the Americans for their ordeal? You belong to that 'church' don't you?

For people who think religious extremists are all extremly 'right wing' need only read Kengs postings to see there is extreme left wing religious whackos too.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, a basic geography lesson about Vietnam or suggested reading isn't something I exactly need considering how much I've read on the topic. However you want to look at it, ultimately, the Americans invaded the country/region to assert it's political agenda. That's all there is to it.

Please give the exact date and the size of the forces that the US used to invade the country.

That explains the desperate evacuation of Saigon and the assertion of Communist rule over the entire country.

Do I want a "bigger shovel"? Why? Did you find an even bigger one for yourself? :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose you think then that Germany did not lose the First World War because they attacked Poland in 39?

We tend not to publish films like that. However, if you hop over to this website, you'll find plenty of action videos from the Taliban and al-Qaeda that show plenty of death and killing right up close.

http://inhonor.net/videos.php

(caution though...real stuff)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Why did Osama fire Martha Stewart?

A. She was unable to find fabric that went with stalagmites.

I think we should see tha kind of footage. War is hell, and there is no way it should be sanitized for TV viewers. With the media and how it reports wars, makes me feel really disconnected from the events, I have no way of understanding or relating. Show the horrors, and we will all be able to make better decisions when it comes to supporting our troops.

With regards to Iran, the US has throw themselves in Iran's path. The US is the foreign force here, and Iran is just protecting their waters. Remember that incident with the British Navy last year?? Yeah that story died quick.

With regards to Iran, the US has throw themselves in Iran's path. The US is the foreign force here, and Iran is just protecting their waters. Remember that incident with the British Navy last year?? Yeah that story died quick.

except that isn't true. They were in international waters. There are no competing claims the the strait, any flagged vessel is free under international law to navigate without harassment or threast of being blown up.

Well it seems that this story is rather befuddled:

ABC News

Today, the spokesperson for the U.S. admiral in charge of the Fifth Fleet clarified to ABC News that the threat may have come from the Iranian boats, or it may have come from somewhere else.

We're saying that we cannot make a direct connection to the boats there," said the spokesperson. "It could have come from the shore, from another ship passing by. However, it happened in the middle of all the very unusual activity, so as we assess the information and situation, we still put it in the total aggregate of what happened Sunday morning. I guess we're not saying that it absolutely came from the boats, but we're not saying it absolutely didn't."

Good grief... and this is the sort of BS that the neonazis want to begin yet another mideast war over???

Holy crap... :P

Good grief... and this is the sort of BS that the neonazis want to begin yet another mideast war over???

I wouldn't call the Iranians Neo-nazis. While there are anti Semites to the bone, have a totalitarian state and like to goose step when they march, their brand of ideology has more individual characteristics than the state collectivism found in Nazism.

More accurately, they are theocratic dictators. No neo is needed.

I wouldn't call the Iranians Neo-nazis. While there are anti Semites to the bone, have a totalitarian state and like to goose step when they march, their brand of ideology has more individual characteristics than the state collectivism found in Nazism.

More accurately, they are theocratic dictators. No neo is needed.

The bovine excrement meter just exploded with the above post!!!!!!

:o

I've never been in the barn - though I imagine you know it quite well. How big is your shovel? (thinking you have one of those power shovels!! - you must with the amount of S*** you move around here!)

Yoiu have never been in a barn? What a sheltered life.

They're a bit like union halls but smell better.

Yoiu have never been in a barn? What a sheltered life.

They're a bit like union halls but smell better.

I'll reword this for you: "I've never been in "THE" barn".

Meaning the BS manufacturing site that so many others get their daily propaganda from.

Baaaabaaabaaaaa :ph34r:

edited to add: Is this the best you can do Dancer? I think you need to learn a few new steps!! :D

Edited by buffycat

edited to add: Is this the best you can do Dancer? I think you need to learn a few new steps!!

Actually after reading your last few posts I was thinking pretty much the same thing in relation to you.

Now, back on topic, since Kengs has just confirmed that myself and all my former and present comrades are nothing more than killers to the bone and evil bad people as well. Thanks for the enlightenment by the way.

Any ship has to be aware of small vessels in their vicinity, as the Cole demonstrated so well. In the past small vessels were not regarded as a high priority threat. Since the Cole that has all changed. Now we regard them as one of the most severe threats and take appropriate precautions. I guess the Iranians didn't get that memo though. If it was Iranians of course, in that part of the world it could have been any group out of the numerous ones that like to play bomb follies on a daily basis.

Here's something for you to ponder Buffy. If all westerners were to withdraw and hypothetically there was no contact between our cultures, what do you think would happen? It's just my thought but I think they would merrily commence slaughtering each other. Thats just my opinion though.

Now, back on topic, since Kengs has just confirmed that myself and all my former and present comrades are nothing more than killers to the bone and evil bad people as well. Thanks for the enlightenment by the way.

Thought so. That explains the juvenile taunts. And you're trying to tell me that the CF has standards when it comes to IQ...? Evil is evil, but of course people who lean towards that are not going to recognize it as such. I hope one day you come to see the truth of the matter, but that takes real courage--not the phoney bravado that soldier boys like to delude themselves with.

Any ship has to be aware of small vessels in their vicinity, as the Cole demonstrated so well. In the past small vessels were not regarded as a high priority threat. Since the Cole that has all changed. Now we regard them as one of the most severe threats and take appropriate precautions. I guess the Iranians didn't get that memo though. If it was Iranians of course, in that part of the world it could have been any group out of the numerous ones that like to play bomb follies on a daily basis.

I think before the Cole incident, the Americans would have been no less vigilant in such a situation given the pre-existing political tensions.

Actually Kengs I'm not taunting you at all, do you have problems with comprehension. I merely thanked you for pointing out in a sweeping blanket statement that all serving and former CF members are bad evil people.

I wouldn't waste my time taunting you, frankly I don't believe you're worth the waste of time. Satisfied?

Now, back on topic. Sure, when small boats come close we are vigilant, however, since the Cole incident the level of vigilance was ratcheted up tenfold. Is that clear enough for you. Are you perhaps now going to tell me all about Navy life? You should, I only had 13 years at sea before I switched to land forces, you obviously know more about it than myself or any other serving member.

Actually Kengs I'm not taunting you at all, do you have problems with comprehension. I merely thanked you for pointing out in a sweeping blanket statement that all serving and former CF members are bad evil people.

I wouldn't waste my time taunting you, frankly I don't believe you're worth the waste of time. Satisfied?

Well, speaking of reading comprehension... the reference to taunting refers back to your taunts about my supposed "envy" and "jealousy" about supposedly not being able to become what members of the CF are... I made mention of the fact that they were taunts in a previous post, and you evidently read that remark because you responded with, well, more of the same kind of taunts. Needless to say, given your fine demonstration of immaturity among other unadmirable traits, why would I ever want to aspire to become something like you, to associate with a group of people who collectively function on a sub-intellectual level? I've known members of the CF, I know what drives them, how they conduct themselves, and what they lack in terms of intellect and morality. You're not fooling me by trying to suggest otherwise, although I'll admit that there is the odd exception. But by the looks of it, you're not one of them.

Well it seems that this story is rather befuddled:

ABC News

Today, the spokesperson for the U.S. admiral in charge of the Fifth Fleet clarified to ABC News that the threat may have come from the Iranian boats, or it may have come from somewhere else.

We're saying that we cannot make a direct connection to the boats there," said the spokesperson. "It could have come from the shore, from another ship passing by. However, it happened in the middle of all the very unusual activity, so as we assess the information and situation, we still put it in the total aggregate of what happened Sunday morning. I guess we're not saying that it absolutely came from the boats, but we're not saying it absolutely didn't."

Was wondering If anyone, would catch the US backpedalling?

already!

we don't know where those voices actually came from?

too late all the dupes that bought the fear are already going.

Myself, Thought it was Baloney from the get go.

The very idea, that the US with all there warships sitting outside? of irans waters, is not a provacation in itself, then this drama right before the middle east visit, how timely!

We're saying that we cannot make a direct connection to the boats there," said the spokesperson. "It could have come from the shore, from another ship passing by

we don't know where it came from but hey we told you all it was iran anyway, quick jump the gun!

Edited by kuzadd

Was wondering If anyone, would catch the US backpedalling?

already!

we don't know where those voices actually came from?

too late all the dupes that bought the fear are already going.

Myself, Thought it was Baloney from the get go.

The very idea, that the US with all there warships sitting outside? of irans waters, is not a provacation in itself, then this drama right before the middle east visit, how timely!

We're saying that we cannot make a direct connection to the boats there," said the spokesperson. "It could have come from the shore, from another ship passing by

we don't know where it came from but hey we told you all it was iran anyway, quick jump the gun!

This is like the red Persian ants harrassing the hornet. For America to react to these clowns and take them seriously shows that the great American empire can be easily manipulated. I guess that's what the Iranians have learned from the Americans - and American black operatives...to irritate the powerful and cause them to itch - and while the great American dragon is scratching itself - they laugh........I remember a man telling me how Scillian crimminals operate and what they say behind closed doors - and they laugh - "They think I am stupid and they grow proud" - Blind pride is a weakness - and the Iranians now understand that. They will continue to embarrass America throught this weakness.

This is like the red Persian ants harrassing the hornet. For America to react to these clowns and take them seriously shows that the great American empire can be easily manipulated. I guess that's what the Iranians have learned from the Americans - and American black operatives...to irritate the powerful and cause them to itch - and while the great American dragon is scratching itself - they laugh........I remember a man telling me how Scillian crimminals operate and what they say behind closed doors - and they laugh - "They think I am stupid and they grow proud" - Blind pride is a weakness - and the Iranians now understand that. They will continue to embarrass America throught this weakness.

You are assuming it was actually Iranians, 'cept the US is now saying, they don't have any idea, who it was!

Therefore, one cannot assume harrasment by iranians, or that iranians are manipulating America, since there is NO CONCRETE indications of where or whom these alleged voices actually came from.

It stands to reason that an army is only going to be as effective or good as the government directing it. It is after all just a projection of that government. Same thing works in reverse in a country ruled by a military junta.

then we here in Canada are in big trouble. Maybe steve should wear his white cowboy hat and chaps and settle things down over in Afganistan, being the tough, Don Cherry type man that he says he is. :rolleyes:

Discussion on this subject has wandered back and forth and now has come down to "where did the radio transmissions come from".

In essence it can be boiled down to one indisputable fact. If these boats had pressed an attack it would have been a joke. Three ships, Cruiser, Destroyer and a Frigate. All on high alert. The boats would have lasted approximately 30 seconds or so before becoming seabed litter. As such whoever thought it was a good idea to send them out is positively worthy of a Darwin award.