The difference between a strong, confident culture and us

Sure. All the trudeaupian multicultis have done is make the ghettos bigger, more isolated, less integrated, more violent and more agressive.

I'd like to see some evidence of that.

But you're probably right. The best answer is to stick our heads in the sand and say "it's always been this way"

What was the question to which that's the supposed answer? Fact is, it has always been that way and those who claim that multiculturalism is to blame or has made things worse need to provide some proof.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look around. Read the paper. Go to Surrey.

Look your statement was:

All the trudeaupian multicultis have done is make the ghettos bigger, more isolated, less integrated, more violent and more agressive.

As such, I'm awaiting the evidence which not only shows that ethnic "ghettos" are "bigger, more isolated, less integrated, more violent and more agressive (sic)", but ties those changes to multiculturalism. You can start by showing what specific policies led to those outcomes, correcting, of course, for variables such as technological changes (such as air travel).

Get to it.

Incidentally, the United States has no policy of official multiculturalism, yet ethnic enclaves abound there. They, too are often places beset by poverty and violence. Was Trudeau at work there as well?

Yes quite. undefended because it was underpopulated. Never the less the plethora of celtic and romano place names as well as grants and chrater by saxon kings to celtic named individuals suggests that their presence wasn't as overwhelming as you are want to make out when you are on one of your rants.
Utter nonsense. Not only is there no evidence of any kind that anyone but the legions and their immediate followers left (remember, they were anticipating a return), but there is no written indication from the Romans themselves that anything even remotely close to a mass exodus happened. You're just making sh*t up now.

Look your statement was:

As such, I'm awaiting the evidence which not only shows that ethnic "ghettos" are "bigger, more isolated, less integrated, more violent and more agressive (sic)", but ties those changes to multiculturalism. You can start by showing what specific policies led to those outcomes, correcting, of course, for variables such as technological changes (such as air travel).

Get to it.

Incidentally, the United States has no policy of official multiculturalism, yet ethnic enclaves abound there. They, too are often places beset by poverty and violence. Was Trudeau at work there as well?

Yes, DOGGY, I'll get on that excel spreadsheet right away because my goal is to please YOU. baaaahahaha.

Anyhoo, aside from people living in their mother's basement thinking we all actually pore of documents of "direct evidence" for these chat sites, the rest of us can plainly see the effects of multiculti trudeapia all around us. :P

That's because you live in a white upperclass neighbourhood. Hmmmmm...I wonder if that means anything....?

Not as white as you may think. There have been a lot of Ukrainians moving in.

Joking aside....my neighbourhood has a rising immigrant population from the former soviet union, Israel and Asia. They tend to be professionals or at worst, real estate salesmen. While I would agree the world doesn't need another house flogger, there is always room for another doctor.

Utter nonsense. Not only is there no evidence of any kind that anyone but the legions and their immediate followers left (remember, they were anticipating a return), but there is no written indication from the Romans themselves that anything even remotely close to a mass exodus happened. You're just making sh*t up now.

Really? Didn't you just mention Brittany? They started leaving for te continent to Britanny as the legions left. The upper classes whose livlihoods depended on the empire no doubt followed.

Yes, DOGGY, I'll get on that excel spreadsheet right away because my goal is to please YOU. baaaahahaha.

Anyhoo, aside from people living in their mother's basement thinking we all actually pore of documents of "direct evidence" for these chat sites, the rest of us can plainly see the effects of multiculti trudeapia all around us.

Well son, I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds. Basically, your argument is "things are worse now than they were back in the day." Which would be more convincing if it wasn't the lament of every crotchety old bastard for time immemorial.

Scott,

I hope you realize that this is the nicest thing you ever said to Morris on any of the 7 boards we've co-habitated on:

Merry Christmas.

That's not true. He once told me I had the heart of an artist and thighs like Adonis...

Really? Didn't you just mention Brittany? They started leaving for te continent to Britanny as the legions left. The upper classes whose livlihoods depended on the empire no doubt followed.

You obvious need to bone up on how the Roman patron system worked. The "upper classes" consisted of landowners who, by 410 in Britain, had few if any connections to the Empire outside tax levies. I have a feeling they didn't follow Constantine III just to make sure he'd keep taxing them. Furthermore, the vast bulk of Romanized society was agrarian, and without any means of packing up their fields, I can't imagine why they would leave in the absence of any (then) apparent danger.

The exodus to Britanny took place later. Read more, pontificate less.

You obvious need to bone up on how the Roman patron system worked. The "upper classes" consisted of landowners who, by 410 in Britain, had few if any connections to the Empire outside tax levies. I have a feeling they didn't follow Constantine III just to make sure he'd keep taxing them. Furthermore, the vast bulk of Romanized society was agrarian, and without any means of packing up their fields, I can't imagine why they would leave in the absence of any (then) apparent danger.

The exodus to Britanny took place later. Read more, pontificate less.

Sorry you is wrong....the upper classes alsop consisted of quaesters...and tax farmers....

Early Middle Ages

After the Roman withdrawal, some British authors (Nennius, Gildas) mention Britons fleeing to Armorica to escape the invading Anglo-Saxons and Scoti. However, modern archaeology would place the beginnings of the British migration to Armorica in the Roman period, perhaps from the end of the 3rd century, most likely as part of Magnus Maximus' forces. These Britons gave the region its current name and contributed to the Breton language, Brezhoneg, a sister language to Welsh and Cornish. (Brittany used to be known in English as Little Britain to distinguish it from Great Britain - the street in London called Little Britain was the location of the embassy of the Duchy of Brittany).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Brittany#Roman_rule

Edited by M.Dancer

Sorry you is wrong....the upper classes alsop consisted of quaesters...and tax farmers....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Brittany#Roman_rule

Hey Momo...I have news for you: tax farming was common in the republic and early empire, but had been almost entirely replaced long long before the 5th century. So solly, more reading is needed. Try to avoid Wiki, though; when there is an ongoing debate about something, the last place in the world you want to quote for sources is the battlefield.

Hey Momo...I have news for you: tax farming was common in the republic and early empire, but had been almost entirely replaced long long before the 5th century. So solly, more reading is needed. Try to avoid Wiki, though; when there is an ongoing debate about something, the last place in the world you want to quote for sources is the battlefield.

Freeze the bank account - make a person homeless - and you have a north american creature that goes into a state governed by fear. Where as the primative culltures just smile..so that makes us the inferiours. Most of us would fall apart if the creature comforts disappeared..a strong culture adapts instantly.

Freeze the bank account - make a person homeless - and you have a north american creature that goes into a state governed by fear. Where as the primative culltures just smile..so that makes us the inferiours. Most of us would fall apart if the creature comforts disappeared..a strong culture adapts instantly.

Oleg, could you trot along and plague some other poor unsuspecting thread with your deep metaphysical TRVTHS from left field? If you're running short, here are some more LINK.

Dude, you didn't pay your taxes, and now you want all the other taxpayers to pony up while you whine about it. Grow up.

Edited by ScottSA

• 4 weeks later...