Another cop killed...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dancer, you really want to use her name for a point? The cops screwed up so badly on that case they crown had no options.

Of course they had options.....nut it was the crown who really bunged up...the cops didn't make the deal....and of course, afterwards, they could have declared her a dangerous offender.....

Of course they had options.....nut it was the crown who really bunged up...the cops didn't make the deal....and of course, afterwards, they could have declared her a dangerous offender.....

I dont think they had options.

The crown could only go on what they had, and that was nothing.

The Crown had nothing because the cops could not find tapes above a ceiling in the bathroom, even though they had a month to tear the house apart. Major error on the cops.

By giving her what she got, they recd an airtight case against the Paul. The Crown moved too fast I feel but they did not consider her role, rather they gave her a role to assist in convicting Paul.

They could not declare her anything since the negotiations precluded any dangerous offender tag since they didnt think she did any killing (at the time)

Really...I don't know about you but calling me a redneck or a hillybilly because I am Albertan is as bad to me as someone using the terms "dune coon", "porch monkey", etc.... It is wrong and it is hypocritical. Why is prejudice allowed in one context but not the other? This place is teeming with hyprocites.

Edited by BornAlbertan

Is it really that simple?

Karla Holmolka

And you make sure? How....? How can you definately say that one day Layton and his crew get elected and dewcide that life in prison is cruel and inhuman...and start playing coicial scientist with Canadian public safety?

How many people has she killed since getting out? You make sure they stay in by putting a clause in the sentence recommending that no parole be given.

I am not a friend of the police and I will not bother offering my sympathies to them for this loss of such a young life. But I am very incensed by the fact that this young trainee was given a posting in a far away northern community to learn and practice his craft, with only one other mentor in this whole area. Does this not sound wrong in the very issue of it being that way? Even though most of these communities are pretty much law abiding, they also are in areas where rifles and guns are just a way of life, and if and when some one gets mad and loses his control these things are pretty much within easy reach, whay is a trainee out on his own responding to calls when it never should have been done this way at all. I hold the RCMP responsible for the death that could have easily been avoided if they followed proper procedures. Sure it was a man that killed the officer and that shot was fired in anger and also while he was holding a baby in his other hand. That in itself was sad and should not have gotten to that point. But it was and still is the responsibility of the RCMP as a force, to make sure that this kind of thing does not again happen. As for the guy who shot the officer, he will probably be shunned by all the people in that community, and that will mean he either goes else where or remain in prison for life. It is so tradgic to see this having happened when really, it did not need to be so.

A more experienced officer would have observed from far awy just what was going on and not made his presnce known until this guy had settled down and mellowed a lot. He was really going no where and he was not really threatening the baby's life. He would soon though do what most drunks do and that is sleep. That is when an experienced officer would make his move. In these nothern communities they rely on each other so much that they can usually talk down most people when they get out of control. Since that was not happening, the young trainee made the mistake of coming there when anger was at its peak, and that was wrong, and as this guy then looked at him as an outsider interfering shot at him and killed him immediately. That was just wrong in so many ways. This is one mistake that the RCMP can not correct by ignoring it, but they will have to make better calls as to where and how they get trainees the experience they need before they send the into the communities.

If the primary function of our criminal justice system is to protect society from people who would victimize them. I think that was the original intent but who knows any more. In this respect, capital punishment is like closing the barn door after the cows have left. Where our system fails is when it doesn't deal with violent people before they kill. All to often these days. James Roszko was a psychopath with a record a mile long but before he gunned down those four officers in Mayerthorpe, he had never killed anyone. Capital punishment wouldn't have saved those cops.

I am not a friend of the police and I will not bother offering my sympathies to them for this loss of such a young life.

Why, what have they ever done to you? They give their lives to maintain order in this country. They are people doing a wonderful job. I am a friend of the police.

Wow

Even carnivorous , these right wingers are ,eh? , as they seem to even eat their own,, hmmm. Great.

Levels to the crusty-er types as they themselves discern for us hahha , entertaining carry on , please.

My 2 cents?

It is a given the RCMP have a feeding chain , a union , seniority , a pecking order all of it -don't doubt that for a second.

Same as in anything else we have the serfs and the self appointed royalty.

We cant all be cruising the Victoria coastline streets doing photo ops with tourists.

Do you think the magical riders are all new recruits for example?

Hanging in Ottawa looking like a "Men in Black" ?

Yeah right buddy.

Those are the senior postings and all garnered earned.

The brother of a life long friend is here in Surrey as head of this chunk of RCMP so I hear some things anytime I want to know , but

I was always never really surprised how the most eager or aggressive new recruits into the army were always directed straight into the infantry. Here you go boy! Run and shoot! See the world from this fox hole on these boots, hahhaha

This sad tragedy with an obvious eager recruit would have in a non -corrupt or non-power based or properly managed police force , would never of happened.

Don't forget the dismissal of their former lime light loving leader because it was obviously known the RCMP had problems ,,,, well they still do.

Years later and still many cases with questions , Bush , Arar , Mulroney.

The RCMP have always and are still entrenched in a racial dispute up north for sure, self perpetuated , naturally instilled proudly into their history.

One would think 2 officers would always go to small settlements in these circumstances as in Saskatchewan an Indian reservation would never be visited solo.

They will probably quietly enforce or go back to that probably existing rule now.

But all of it is still based on and built from the complete blindness and neglect over many generations.

Of a deeper , earlier neglect which started in just average Canadian homes with how we allowed the demise of the family unit for so called productivity that was never really obtained and the poverty problems that came with that philosophy as it was allowed to openly fester and damage society while we all sat ,head in the sand and then as if actually surprised by our neglect , now pay with these very expensive bandage's at the wrong end of all the problems.

No one can blanket a complete organization with disdain as everything has bad apples.

My condolences go out to all involved.

Why, what have they ever done to you? They give their lives to maintain order in this country. They are people doing a wonderful job. I am a friend of the police.

I was once on the receiving end of a campaigne of theirs to try and destroy my life as I knew it. They broke many laws in doing this but in the end it costs more then anyone can ever afford to sue this agency. But it is a very long story and one that I will not make public, as it would only anger me and others and start the wanted to exact revenge back toward them.

I do not rejoice when I read about a death of an RCMP officer, but yes I do say one more and many more to go. But in the case of this 20 year old trainee and how he was not even ready for this type of thing and the fact that his superiors were stupid in doing this is a shame. Even I would not want some one so young and inexperienced to pay this kind of price. Hell he probably never got brain washed enough yet to become like the majority of the officers that I do not like. This was plain wrong to have this guy put there and exposed to this with so little experience.

So do not get hung up on the fact that I have a special place where I put deaths of RCMP officers, but rather understand that what they did was wrong and they are the ones responsible for this boys death, Hell a few years ago he would not even have been considered an adult. That is more telling then any of my own feelings and predudices.

Edited by old_bold&cold

The RCMP are not union

Link

Politicians and the courts are once again considering whether members of the RCMP, the only major Canadian police force not allowed to bargain collectively, should be able to form a union.

As things stand, Mounties are represented by elected staff representatives who consult — but do not bargain — with management.

Edited to add my 2 cents on the topic...

This young man was TOO young to be a police officer. The minimum age of an officer of the law should be thiry. Before that one simply does not have the life experience to know how to deal with difficult situations, no matter how intensive the training.

Perhaps the younger ones could be "RCMP Youth Officers" so they would still be members, but each would be placed with an older, wiser officer. By sending this young officer out on his own into a potentially volitile situation, his superiors were basically signing his death warrant.

Edited by Drea

Sorry, wrong answer.

Oh

The Canadian Police Association (CPA) is the national voice for 54,700 police personnel across Canada. Membership includes police personnel serving in 170 police services across Canada, from Canada's smallest towns and villages as well as those working in our largest municipal and provincial police services, and members of the RCMP, railway police, and first nations police personnel.

They may not be a union is name, but they sure act like one. Right now they are working on a police bill of rights.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don't believe they are organized.

They have Harper in their pocket even right now.

They make political statements all the time ,something I find very distasteful when they again explain things like the war on drugs.

I always then ask them their view on other things like abortion or capital punishment when they get stupid and talk politically. Always shuts them up.

Any kind of solution to offer there Slavuk? Or do you just want to rant against the police?

Should we abolish all police? Let criminals run free?

You come on this board and completely make an arse of yourself on every topic... and that makes the rest of us (who are on your side, but not nuts like you) look bad.

You come across as a complete maniac stoner conspiracy theorist and those of us who try to discuss these topics like normal people are getting fed up.

Geez.

You might feel more at home at Rabble.

The RCMP are not union

Link

Edited to add my 2 cents on the topic...

This young man was TOO young to be a police officer. The minimum age of an officer of the law should be thiry. Before that one simply does not have the life experience to know how to deal with difficult situations, no matter how intensive the training.

Perhaps the younger ones could be "RCMP Youth Officers" so they would still be members, but each would be placed with an older, wiser officer. By sending this young officer out on his own into a potentially volitile situation, his superiors were basically signing his death warrant.

I tend to agree. Very few police forces other than the RCMP accept people that young any more. Most are in their late twenties and early thirties.

Any kind of solution to offer there Slavuk? Or do you just want to rant against the police?

Should we abolish all police? Let criminals run free?

You come on this board and completely make an arse of yourself on every topic... and that makes the rest of us (who are on your side, but not nuts like you) look bad.

You come across as a complete maniac stoner conspiracy theorist and those of us who try to discuss these topics like normal people are getting fed up.

Geez.

You might feel more at home at Rabble.

Hear hear.

Now you go and think what you think matters to someone besides yourselves?

My what silly fellows.

I don't appreciate being grouped in your group , I have nothing to do with you.

Get over yourself foolish poster.

I am my own person and will always do what I want!

I am flattered I instill such fear and respect in you , though.

Now you go and think what you think matters to someone besides yourselves?

My what silly fellows.

I don't appreciate being grouped in your group , I have nothing to do with you.

Get over yourself foolish poster.

I am my own person and will always do what I want!

I am flattered I instill such fear and respect in you , though.

Did you remember to take your medication? You should support your police. Anyone who doesn't deserves very little respect themselves as they do not realize the giant sacrifice these people make to, as the RCMP motto says, "uphold the law." You do not get any respect from me and the idea of a world of the type that you want, well it flat out scares me.