Canadian Islamic Congress

Topaz

The leader of the present day Canadians Islamic Congress, who was INVITED by the DND to speak at the commemoration for Islamic Heritage Month, just told , sorry you not invited now. Why? Mckay, who appeared on CTV's QP, said they didn't want any trouble like they did with the PAST leader of this group. I listened the leader on QP today, and he didn't seem like the type of guy that would say " All Israelis over 18 are fair game to kill" or something like that. He said he doesn't believe in that statement and there is no prove he thinks anything like the past leader of this group. Unfortunately, we have a PM who is bias when it come to Israel and he appears to have problems with Muslims, no matter who they are. Sad. I don't think Mckay had any choice in sending the message not to attend, after all Harper's the boss.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Politics/20101001/cleric-speech-cancelled-101001/

The leader of the present day Canadians Islamic Congress, who was INVITED by the DND to speak at the commemoration for Islamic Heritage Month,

What I would like to know is why DND bureaucrats invited the CIC in the first place and why DND bureaucrats got involved in such commemorations/ceremonies? I would also object if the folks at DND planned events about Black History Month, Francophone History Month or Holloween. They're federal bureaucrats and they should stick to fulfilling DND's mandate, not dabble in social activism that has nothing to do with their desk jobs. That's not what we pay them for. We have enough advocates and activists outside the public service ready and willing to get involved with such celebrations. Let them plan and organize these things, and keep the federal public service out of it.

Why? Mckay, who appeared on CTV's QP, said they didn't want any trouble like they did with the PAST leader of this group. I listened the leader on QP today, and he didn't seem like the type of guy that would say " All Israelis over 18 are fair game to kill" or something like that. He said he doesn't believe in that statement and there is no prove he thinks anything like the past leader of this group.

I would never judge a leader of the CIC, or any one else, on the basis of a few sound bites. I'm just not that gullible or close minded.

Unfortunately, we have a PM who is bias when it come to Israel and he appears to have problems with Muslims, no matter who they are. Sad. I don't think Mckay had any choice in sending the message not to attend, after all Harper's the boss.

That's a pretty strong accusation saying the PM "appears" to have problems with Muslims. Please back up your statement that Harper has problems with Muslims.

Edited by capricorn

The leader of the present day Canadians Islamic Congress, who was INVITED by the DND to speak at the commemoration for Islamic Heritage Month, just told , sorry you not invited now. Why?

Maybe because the CIC supports Hezbollah and Hamas? Who cares. Except others who support terrorists.

What I would like to know is why DND bureaucrats invited the CIC in the first place and why DND bureaucrats got involved in such commemorations/ceremonies? I would also object if the folks at DND planned events about Black History Month, Francophone History Month or Holloween. They're federal bureaucrats and they should stick to fulfilling DND's mandate, not dabble in social activism that has nothing to do with their desk jobs. That's not what we pay them for. We have enough advocates and activists outside the public service ready and willing to get involved with such celebrations. Let them plan and organize these things, and keep the federal public service out of it.

What is DND's mandate, do you have a link to it or something?

Wish I could find a better source but it seems that the main stream media didn't think it was important:

MCC welcomes Minster Mackays decision to bar CIC Imam

OTTAWA - The Muslim Canadian Congress (MCC) has strongly welcomed the decision by Minister Peter Mackay to bar an Imam from the Canadian Islamic Congress from speaking at an internal event at Department of National Defence headquarters Monday.

In the past few years we have seen the so-called Islamic History Month turned into a propaganda machine for the Islamists in Canada who wanted to introduce Sharia Law and who wish to hide behind the cover of teaching history to infiltrate the highest levels of government in Ottawa, said Salma Siddiqui, Vice President of the MCC.

Muslims have much to be proud off in their heritage, but what the CIC has been doing is to spread the doctrine of Islamism wrapped in a sugar-coated view of the past that glosses over the facts that have led to todays near universal morass and decay in Islamic societies worldwide, added Siddiqui. Islamic history should be taught by academics and historians, not clerics and propagandists, she added.

Welcoming the decision by Defence Minister Peter Mackay, the MCC vice president said, We now need to make sure that all future events surrounding the so-called Islamic History Month be taken away from the grip of the Canadian Islamic Congress and other Islamist organizations. She said she was troubled by the fact that Islamists had managed to penetrate the highest levels of the Ottawa bureaucracy and the political apparatus of all political parties.

Link: http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/28328

Edited by Keepitsimple

The only Imam in the whole world, to the best of my knowledge, to catagorically condemn violence is some Islamic dude in Detroit. The rest plead about Islam being the religion of peace but bullshit. One to a gazillion. We lose. They need to be controlled.

Got to love a goverment with balls, we don't need idiots like this speaking to anybody in this country. The libs would let anybody into this country , but not anymore. Until they regain power agains and then watch them open up the gates into this countyry to bring in enough bozos to keep them in power for a long time. This country has changed to fast.

Got to love a goverment with balls, we don't need idiots like this speaking to anybody in this country. The libs would let anybody into this country , but not anymore. Until they regain power agains and then watch them open up the gates into this countyry to bring in enough bozos to keep them in power for a long time. This country has changed to fast.

Gee, this is what I thought of Anne Coulter, but then I was accused of trying to stifle free speech. Hypocrisy is a bitch, no?

The only Imam in the whole world, to the best of my knowledge, to catagorically condemn violence is some Islamic dude in Detroit. The rest plead about Islam being the religion of peace but bullshit. One to a gazillion. We lose. They need to be controlled.

Ahahahah wow. So how many other Imam's have you met and heard speak? Where is the proof behind this little anecdote?

Yet another Conservative with incredibly poor reading comprehension skills. I was calling you reactionary.

1) English is my third language. What is your excuse?

2) Question remains.

3) "Another" denotes there is some already. And you have the evidence?

1) English is my third language. What is your excuse?

I never misunderstood what you were saying.

2) Question remains.

No it doesn't. I answered it quite clearly.

[qutote]3) "Another" denotes there is some already. And you have the evidence?

In this context, another refers to other posters. They are: Pliny, M.Dancer, BC_2004, Capricorn, August2001, Altaforever

Nope. Some people deliberately misread what I say because they have no other argument to counter mine with. Others simply have trouble reading period.

It's a conspiracy against you.

And sooner or later they all will get you.