Israeli Ceasefire!

wulf42

Looks like Hamas has had enough although publicly they still say they are standing firm but behind the scenes they are caving,Israel is to announce a ceasefire sometime today....maybe next time Hamas will know better than to test the Israeli's!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7835364.stm

It's a good move since the Hamas PR line has claimed Israel broke the initial ceasefire (read: latest) and much of the planet seems to believe them over the Israelis. No doubt Israel's finger will be close to the safety switch as the skies are scanned for Hamas rockets.

-----------------------------------------

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some terrorists men you just can't reach.

---Cool Hand Luke

It's a good move since the Hamas PR line has claimed Israel broke the initial ceasefire (read: latest) and much of the planet seems to believe them over the Israelis. No doubt Israel's finger will be close to the safety switch as the skies are scanned for Hamas rockets.

-----------------------------------------

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some terrorists men you just can't reach.

---Cool Hand Luke

Exactly right, Israel is giving them a chance they better not blow it!

I can imagine whatever is left of Hamas is saying Holy *&@% we won t do that again!

Don`t bet on it! This group of fanatics Hamas,will start up again as soon as they get their human shieds back in order. The noisey leftist through out the world condemned Israel for defending itself and so has encouraged the Hamas thugs. When they do start kicking the shins of Isreal once again the trade unions, the gay rights and the marxist lenists will march once more.

Don`t bet on it! This group of fanatics Hamas,will start up again as soon as they get their human shieds back in order. The noisey leftist through out the world condemned Israel for defending itself and so has encouraged the Hamas thugs. When they do start kicking the shins of Isreal once again the trade unions, the gay rights and the marxist lenists will march once more.

Hamas will attack again for revenge for all the children and women especially that were killed. This isn't over, give it 6 months and you'll see another attack and I think they have help from other Middle-Eastern countries. I saw a documentary on these two groups and hate doesn't come close to how they feel for each. If one of them had a nuke, they would have sent to the other side long ago.

Hamas will attack again for revenge for all the children and women especially that were killed. This isn't over, give it 6 months and you'll see another attack and I think they have help from other Middle-Eastern countries. I saw a documentary on these two groups and hate doesn't come close to how they feel for each. If one of them had a nuke, they would have sent to the other side long ago.

You underestimate the good sence of most of the middle Eastern countrys like Egypt,Jordan and others who no longer want to support Palestinian fanatics. They were obvious this time by their silence. Isreal is there to stay and they won`t stand for Hamas terrorizing their citizens. That should be obvious for sane ,leveled headed people. Time for the Palestinians to turf the fanatics and start looking for good and peaceful leadership. Hamas was elected to wipe out Israel and for good and honest governance. All they have brought is death.

UN chief blasts Israel strike on UN school, calls for Gaza ceasefire

4 hours ago

BEIRUT (AFP) — UN chief Ban Ki-moon on Saturday condemned as "outrageous" an Israeli strike on a UN-run school in Gaza and called for an immediate ceasefire in the Palestinian enclave, saying the violence there was unprecedented.

"Both sides must stop the fighting now," Ban said in Lebanon, his latest stop in a regional tour to push for a truce in Israel's 22-day-old war on the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

"The level of violence in Gaza is unprecedented in recent decades," he told reporters in Beirut, even as Israel's powerful security cabinet was poised to announce a unilateral ceasefire in Gaza, where more than 1,200 Palestinians have been killed since the offensive was launched on December 27.

Ban urged Israel to pull its troops out of Gaza and said the embattled territory's Islamist Hamas rulers must stop firing rockets into Israel.

Israel launched Operation Cast Lead with the declared aim of halting the rocket attacks.

The offensive has killed 1,205 Palestinians, including 41 children, wounded 5,300 and inflicted massive damage to Gaza infrastructure totalling some 476 million dollars, medics and Palestinian officials have said.

At least four UN-run schools have been hit in Israeli strikes, including one on Saturday in the northern Gaza town of Beit Lahiya in which some 1,600 people were sheltering.

Two brothers, five and seven years old, were killed and a dozen people wounded in the attack, including the mother of the boys, Gaza medics and UN officials said.

"I condemn in the strongest terms this outrageous attack," Ban said, adding that this was not the first time a UN-run establishment was hit by Israeli fire since the offensive was launched.

In the deadliest such strike, 43 people were killed when an Israeli tank shell hit a school run by the Palestinian refugee agency UNRWA in the northern Gaza town of Jabaliya on January 6.

Israel at first alleged that Hamas militants had fired at troops from within the building, but eventually backed off the claim that was firmly denied by the United Nations.

"Top Israeli leaders had given me their assurances two days ago when I was visiting Israel that UN premises would be fully respected. I strongly demand a thorough investigation," Ban told the media conference.

He urged Israel's security cabinet to adopt a unilateral ceasefire but stressed that it "should also be accompanied by a time table for Israeli troop withdrawal... (and) have the corresponding response from Hamas militants."

An Israeli defence official has told AFP ground forces will remain in Gaza for several days, even after a unilateral ceasefire has been declared by the Jewish state.

Ban also said he will attend a summit of world leaders on the Gaza crisis in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh on Sunday, after visiting Syria.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is set to co-chair the summit with his Egyptian counterpart Hosni Mubarak, who has sent out invitations to leaders of Germany, Britain, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey and Jordan.

Ban also voiced concern about rocket attacks on Israel from south Lebanon, saying such incidents could escalate the situation and called for restraint on both side of the tense border.

No one has claimed responsibility for the January 8 and January 14 salvo of rockets fired into Israel from southern Lebanon, where UN peacekeepers are deployed.

Ban said that Lebanese leaders are "well aware of the risk that Lebanon might be dragged into a new conflict with Israel" which waged a devastating 34-day war against Lebanon in summer 2006.

More than 1,200 people, most of them civilians, were killed during the conflict, which was brought to an end by an UN resolution. More than 160 Israelis also died, most of them soldiers.

Israel launched the operation after militants from Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah movement seized two Israeli soldiers in a deadly cross-border raid.

Edited by tango

Rights groups to ask world court to probe Israel 'war crimes'

3 hours ago

GENEVA (AFP) — An international group of lawyers and jurists said Saturday they would ask the International Criminal Court to probe alleged "war crimes" committed by Israel during its offensive in the Gaza Strip.

"The request for an investigation into war crimes and crimes against humanity would be placed by Wednesday at The Hague," Haytham Manna, Arab Commission for Human Rights spokesman, told AFP.

The commission is among 300 human rights groups planning to submit a 37-page dossier to the ICC based in the Netherlands.

International lawyers and jurists met Saturday in Geneva to finalise details of the dossier, which documents several violations against international human rights committed by the Israeli army during the Gaza offensive, said Manna.

The ICC is competent to adjudicate war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide committed after 2002.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...GYdnLPvL40D0X_Q

The offensive has killed 1,205 Palestinians, including 41 children, wounded 5,300 and inflicted massive damage to Gaza infrastructure totalling some 476 million dollars, medics and Palestinian officials have said.

This doesn't matter to Israel's cheerleaders. It's never Israel's fault. Israel can do no wrong, and Hamas is pure evil. All the deaths are Hamas' fault, etc.

They're just like the extremists on the Hamas side, except they have 200 nuclear bombs and the support of western politicians.

Edited by IranianPride

Rights groups to ask world court to probe Israel 'war crimes'

3 hours ago

GENEVA (AFP) — An international group of lawyers and jurists said Saturday they would ask the International Criminal Court to probe alleged "war crimes" committed by Israel during its offensive in the Gaza Strip.

"The request for an investigation into war crimes and crimes against humanity would be placed by Wednesday at The Hague," Haytham Manna, Arab Commission for Human Rights spokesman, told AFP.

"An international group of lawyers and jurists", all of whom are Arabs from countries like Libya and Syria that make up the UN Human Rights organization...

They've taken over the UN. They only want western countries for their money. Sadly, the UN has become dysfunctional and should be disbanded.

"An international group of lawyers and jurists", all of whom are Arabs from countries like Libya and Syria that make up the UN Human Rights organization...

They've taken over the UN. They only want western countries for their money. Sadly, the UN has become dysfunctional and should be disbanded.

Wild Bill can't stand Arabs speaking up and having a voice. His extremism is over-flowing.

Fault-line between Jews over Gaza

By Robert Pigott

Religious Affairs Correspondent

'Jews for justice for Palestinians' banner

British Jews have held demonstrations in support of Palestinians

As the bloodshed has continued in Gaza, public opinion in Israel has remained firmly supportive of the offensive against Hamas.

But the harrowing pictures of the aftermath of the conflict have raised a clamour of criticism elsewhere in the world and divided Jewish opinion overseas.

On Thursday, the Council of Jewish Communities in Morocco declared itself "in solidarity with the innocent victims who are suffering in Gaza".

It described the residents of Gaza as "sitting targets... suffering under the bombs, the widespread destruction, the lack of food and water..." and added: "The pictures of Palestinian children torn from life are unbearable."

The director of the Foundation of Judeo-Moroccan Cultural Heritage, Simon Levy, described the killing in Gaza as unjustified and "more than deplorable".

"It is not like that, that I see Judaism," he said.

'Exploiting guilt'

The idea that the assault in Gaza is tarnishing the image of Judaism internationally has been echoed by Jewish protesters in non-Arab countries.

Last week, a group of eight Canadian-Jewish women occupied the Israeli consulate in Toronto.

One of the organisers Judy Rebick, a lecturer at Ryerson University, said: "There are many Jews across the world who are ashamed and don't want this massacre to take place in our name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7834700.stm

Wild Bill can't stand Arabs speaking up and having a voice. His extremism is over-flowing.

It's true. He is 'Wild Bill', whose opinion is proudly never confounded by the facts. :lol:

I'm just thankful that the bombing has stopped, for now.

I hope Iran's ships with supplies will be able to dock now, for they are desperately needed.

I can't blame people here too much for not knowing the truth: I was one of them not so long ago. We are fed the US canned propaganda. You have to dig around or talk to people to learn that our governments and media are hiding the truth from us.

I think this horrible attack on Gaza has finally opened a lot of Canadian eyes.

Unfortunately, our politicians are still pandering to the war indu$try.

...I can't blame people here too much for not knowing the truth: I was one of them not so long ago. We are fed the US canned propaganda. You have to dig around or talk to people to learn that our governments and media are hiding the truth from us.

Sure.....we are all dumb but you have seen the light. Priceless....

I think this horrible attack on Gaza has finally opened a lot of Canadian eyes.

Unfortunately, our politicians are still pandering to the war indu$try.

No love for the Afghans? Can't find any truth in that part of the world? How about Africa?

there are many jews who see past the propaganda and the blind nationalism.

there are many jews who are against israel's aggression and treatment of the palestinians. many of them live in israel as opposed to these arm chair warriors who high five each other when children are killed and just shrug and announce, "collateral damage!"

there are many jews who see past the propaganda and the blind nationalism.

there are many jews who are against israel's aggression and treatment of the palestinians. many of them live in israel as opposed to these arm chair warriors who high five each other when children are killed and just shrug and announce, "collateral damage!"

So you're Jewish, then? You seem to speak for many of them...

-------------------------------

Our forces saved the remnants of the Jewish people of Europe for a new life and a new hope in the reborn land of Israel. Along with all men of good will, I salute the young state and wish it well.

---President/General Dwight D. Eisenhower

I hope Iran's ships with supplies will be able to dock now, for they are desperately needed.
Why, if you're so concerned about their human suffering, are you not asking why the aid that the Palestinians has gotten hasn't gone towards building a decent life, but rather gone towards the "struggle"?

are you a zionist who enjoys spinning, sharing half-truths, and spreading misinformation in order to further the racist and selfish ideals and agendas? you seem to speak for them...

I'm a history fan. You are free to point out my "half-truths".

--------------------------------------------

In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue...