What's the purpose of declaring Iran's Rev. Guard 'terrori

So, what is the real purpose of declaring the Revolutionary Guard of Iran a 'terrorist' organisation?

Well - to make it easier to attack!! Don't need congressional approval to attack then!!! (Not that the congress has any morals these days anyway - as they get their marching orders from their biased donators).

Gravel understands the consequences of giving Cheney and Bush the freedom to attack Iran's Republican Guard as a terrorist organization rather than as the legally constituted military of the state existing to protect the citizens of that state. They need no act of Congress to attack a terrorist organization and, citing the Encarta encyclopedia description of terrorism, "These violent acts are committed by non-governmental groups or individuals ­ that is by those who are neither part of or officially serving in the military forces ­ ...," they have defanged the definition of terrorism as it cannot be applied to a nation state. Cheney and Bush are now free to invade Iran to wipe out the terrorist organization harbored by that country. Why pretend that an established arm of the government of Iran is a terrorist organization when the opposite is so evident? Because Cheney and Bush and their Neo-con/AIPAC alliance have not been able to convince the American people of the threat to the US should Iran eventually acquire nuclear capability. The Kyl-Lieberman resolution gives this administration license to attack Iran using the original resolution passed by the Congress for the invasion of Afghanistan since Iran now harbors terrorists that threaten America.

How serious is this possibility we might ask. Newsweek carried an article in the October 1 issue about Israel's "secret" raid on Syria. In it, Sam Gardiner, a former Air Force Colonel, seen as an expert in simulation of military exercises, makes this observation: "Even if Israel goes it alone (attacks Iran's nuclear facilities), we will be blamed (the United States). Hence we would see retaliation against U.S. interests." In short, the United States is tied to Israel and its interests by an umbilical cord that determines how and when we go to war and with whom. Iran is Israel's primary nemesis as well as its primary target. The "mysterious raid deep in Syria" magnifies this point; only the media control created by "a nearly impenetrable wall of silence around the operation" has kept the American public from understanding the potential consequences of the Kyl-Lieberman resolution that passed October 2, only a month after Israel's "raid." Should Syria have responded to this unwarranted aggression by a missile or bomb attack on Israel, the U.S. Congress would have been forced to determine how to respond. With the Kyl-Lieberman resolution in place, only Bush has to respond by citing the Iranian terrorist organization's ties to Syria and especially to Hezbollah. A threat to Israel is a threat to the U.S.

It is this reality that makes the recent study by Mearsheimer and Walt so dangerous to the Israeli lobbies, especially AIPAC. Indeed, they define AIPAC by encompassing the multitude of Jewish lobbies under that umbrella while adding in non-Jewish Neo-cons, Christian evangelicals of the far right and other sympathizers.

It doesn't get any worse than that Ray - Unmasking AIPAC

So, what is the real purpose of declaring the Revolutionary Guard of Iran a 'terrorist' organisation?

Well - to make it easier to attack!! Don't need congressional approval to attack then!!!

Non-starter....Israel and/or the USA can attack Iran whenever they wish...or not. How many "terrorists" were in Serbia in 1999?

The purpose is probably to target the Quds Force which is a special ops branch of Guard which operates abroad in countries such as Lebanon and Iraq.

As simple as that. This would probably 'allow' US forces to strike at known camps both inside and outside Iran with whatever...cruise missiles...special ops units...predators...etc. But I'm just speculating. I do seriously doubt it is for attacking main force Guard units stationed around Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world.

---Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Edited by DogOnPorch

The purpose is probably to target the Quds Force which is a special ops branch of Guard which operates abroad in countries such as Lebanon and Iraq.

As simple as that. This would probably 'allow' US forces to strike at known camps both inside and outside Iran with whatever...cruise missiles...special ops units...predators...etc. But I'm just speculating. I do seriously doubt it is for attacking main force Guard units stationed around Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

That's my take on adding them to the list, they are also sneaking into Iraq and aiding the Terrorist I believe. Opps sorry I meant Freedom Fighters from Saudia Araba, Iran, Pakistan etc.

---Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I believe that's exactly what the reason is. They've been operating in Lebanon and Iraq, and doing so with impugnity, demanding POW status when caught (in Iraq at least). All this classification does is call a spade a spade.

• 4 weeks later...

People around the world are aware of ammerican goverment politics,As Bush are going to fear the people of the world from the Iran in order to attack to middle east for the oil, who is so stupid who believe that Iran is a big dangerous,All the terrorist in the world is leaded by Bush

Bush acts like Hitler,he destroyed the Ammerican well know personality. i hate him

I read that the UN nuclear watch expert said that Iran isn't dangerous for now but maybe in 2-3 years? Ask yourself this, what makes Israel, Pakistan, India, China, Russia and the US and less dangerous for have the nuke? ANY one of them could start a nuke war and so far the most dangerous person is GWBUSH!!! It NOT who has the nuke is who would probably USE IT!! I heard a person on the radio say that 2008, the world will have a nuke war. They didn't know how big or how small, but it will come. So lets watch Bush and Israel and see if we do and who starts it! I think its time for that bomb shelter! I don't know if this will happen but the same person predicts the fail in the mortgages in the US a year before it happened and that the US $$ will collapse and new legal tender will happen.

Ask yourself this, what makes Israel, Pakistan, India, China, Russia and the US and less dangerous for have the nuke?

Most of those countries are not run by nut bars who claim:

a ) The Holocaust never happened.

b ) Gays don't exist.

c ) Certain countries should be removed from the map.

Shows a certain lack of maturity when it comes to owning/operating weapons that blow-up entire cities...or even larger areas if they master the

You forgot South Africa...but they gave up their A-Bombs rather than allow them to become tools in the hands of some unpredictable majority government.

ANY one of them could start a nuke war and so far the most dangerous person is GWBUSH!!!

GWB will be gone soon...then what? Do you think this will all suddenly go away? Do you think it all started when GWB got into office?

I heard a person on the radio say that 2008, the world will have a nuke war.

You should really be ready to back-up such a statement with a link to a transcript of the radio show. If no transcript exists, is this person really all that important?

So lets watch Bush and Israel and see if we do and who starts it!

I think if you're the betting type, your money would be on Pakistan. If the religious hardliners get into power, India and Pakistan will likely go to war yet again...this time both will have nuclear weapons to use or not use as they see fit.

I think the most telling thing re: the USA and nuclear weapons is that they didn't use them at all post WW2 to destroy the Soviet Union during the period between 1945 and 1952-53 (when the USSR finally was capable of delivering a nuclear weapon via a strategic bomber such as the Tu-4 Bull then later the Tu-95 Bear et al). The Reds were sitting ducks during that period, afterall.

Bush acts like Hitler,he destroyed the Ammerican well know personality. i hate him

I doubt you're getting an invite to the Ranch...

:lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty without learning is always in peril; learning without liberty is always in vain.

---JFK

Edited by DogOnPorch