ALL CANNABIS CANADIANS VOTE GREEN

shavluk

should we legalize cannabis?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow can we study you?? ,,,because you would be the first that didnt have the symptoms before they ever smoked.

Right, and you know that because you know the history of every pot smoker out there I assume.

Ever drink by chance?

Not much of a drinker, no. Certainly not in alcoholic territory.

WHERE ARE THE BODIES ????

I wouldn't know, as I never claimed that death was a consequence of my pot use. Where are the memory cells might be a more apt question.

FROM 40 years of cannabis use?

23 for me

My blood pressure is that of a 25 year old , same as my cholesterol.

I don't know who you're talking to here, I never claimed to have used for 40 years, though that hasn't stopped my blood pressure and cholesterol from being right on target either.

I would like to see personal use decriminalized, legalized, whatever...and you are free to speak for yourself that you've seen no ill effects, but don't presume to speak for everyone.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bigger issue with Emery is that the USDEA is trying to enforce US law on Canadian territory and using the RCMP to do it.

As for whether Emery has helped or hindered the cause of marijuana legalisation, I'd say the jury is still out.

Thank god for the short memory span of humans

No my Jury came in a long ,long ,long time ago !!!

He is an idiot at times

the pimp of pot , or the clown of pot at times

a capitalist conservative hiding behind cannabis activism as he gives only a small % of what he had his hands on to help the fight , only if you kissed his ass and mostly if you were female.

He acts like it was a plan all along when I know there was no plan except it was to be enjoyed to the fullest as well ,,all along

long long story but I wish he was just "catching" in a US OF A jail ,,as he says he wants to ,, stupid idea but what ever works for yah marc ,,,,

no shame in my mind saying F U ,,,you dont deserve to go come get me!!! and fight!

Canadians know you are our asshole and we wont cower to americans.

Yes gone ,,,,

and not pitching here in Canada where I am trying to help responsible folks

I said to him all the time ,,""if what you say is true mark you could have been the cheapest seller of cannabis seeds and given away seeds to overgrow the government not be the highest priced ,,,have 5 wives and look like an idiot to serious activists for giving joints to kids and chasing teen age girls for shock value media ."""

We have had our run ins many times !!

Edited by shavluk

As for the detractors ,

well I will just lump you all together as a group to say this ,

carry on I know you like the way things are

wait til they are taking 6 bodies out of your high rise and one bullet goes astray

Edited by shavluk

Right, and you know that because you know the history of every pot smoker out there I assume.

Not much of a drinker, no. Certainly not in alcoholic territory.

I wouldn't know, as I never claimed that death was a consequence of my pot use. Where are the memory cells might be a more apt question.

I don't know who you're talking to here, I never claimed to have used for 40 years, though that hasn't stopped my blood pressure and cholesterol from being right on target either.

I would like to see personal use decriminalized, legalized, whatever...and you are free to speak for yourself that you've seen no ill effects, but don't presume to speak for everyone.

The 40 years refers to Vancouvers cannabis activists and their 40 year struggle so far.

This has nothing to do with health and your cop out discrimination is silly as said about a dozen times here already.

WHERE ARE THE BODIES ???

WHERE ARE THE CASES OF CANCER ??

YOU CAN BET IF THERE WAS ONE !!!

IT WOULD BE PRESERVED LIKE LENIN

AND TOURING THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW WITH HARPER BIZARRE !!! hahhhaha

The 40 years refers to Vancouvers cannabis activists and their 40 year struggle so far.

This has nothing to do with health and your cop out discrimination is silly as said about a dozen times here already.

You'll have to pardon me for not being able to follow your train of thought, when only half of your argument made it from your brain to your keyboard.

I haven't even posted on the entire board a dozen times yet...but thanks for reminding me why I quit. :lol:

You'll have to pardon me for not being able to follow your train of thought, when only half of your argument made it from your brain to your keyboard.

I haven't even posted on the entire board a dozen times yet...but thanks for reminding me why I quit. :lol:

Hahahha, can you take this guy and that girl with you ,,and this guy?

If only some others were so sensitive and words were like they must be to this sensitive member.

Hey don't go away on my account as ,,,,ITS ONLY WORDS,,,AND WORDS ARE ALL I HAVE TO TAKE YOUR HEART AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

That's for my enmasse friends here,hahha.

OK so how is every one?

I didn't have to cringe too much last night watching emeiot and the cannabis documentary and thought the director did just a fabulous job in researching editing and filming this piece out side of the emeiot's ass shots that detracted from the directors otherwise fine piece.

To the average Canadian , unaware that emeiot is certifiable to most he has met they would be favourable to the fight I am also involved in.

Contrary to the documentary there are many, many of us out here doing the work emeiot takes credit for.

I know him , know his real persona , don't think him the leader of even his own mind , never mind anything remotely resembling an organized cannabis movement in Vancouver.

I warned him about Saskatoon and was treated like some country bumpkin in some fairy tale world of dukes and frog princes ,hahha I like him see him making that big career move to the states as one has to ,,to truly make it !! hahhahhaha

I hope all get the chance to see the film as it is worth the 43 minutes.

shavluk

Marijuana does not impair. If a person believes marijuana impairs, I can do nothing to convince them otherwise. But I have never seen it.

I am a pot smoker. And I can tell you 100% it does impare you in some ways. Don't be saying that it does not. If you don't think it does, you are one of those people I would not want to associate with. But don't believe me. I am only a daily pot smoker of 6 years. I would not know anything about it.

I watched he documentary on the CBC last night and it makes a number of salient points...

1. The prohibition against marijuana has no basis in medical science. There have been 20 government studies worldwide and the only malady that can be reliably linked to marijuana use is bronchitis. There is some evidence that it increases the incidence of psychosis in some who are disposed to it, but it also reduces it in others. In other words, it shows the same statistical effect as a placebo (my conclusion). None of the studies conclude that it is addictive. The US policy towards marijuana is political, rather than medical.

2. The USDEA is dedicated to fighting the war on drugs by enforcing US law on foreign soil in order to cut off supply, and has done so in a number of incidences. The USDEA is not able to defend the US drug policy towards marijuana except to constantly state the same talking points.

3. There are many small businesses selling seeds, not only in Canada, but also in the US, but Emery was targeted because he has lead a campaign of political activism to have the plant legalized. Emery has been charged a number of times with various minor offences by the Vancouver police - each time after being highlighted in the American press (Wall Street Journal, CNN, Rolling Stone). Each time he was given a small fine and left to go about his business. The RCMP and the Vancouver police have never seen him as being worth chasing as they have bigger fish to fry. This is believable when you consider that the Association of Chiefs of Police and the RCMP both testified in favour of decriminalization at the committee hearings dealing with legislation on the subject.

4. Emery is willing to go to jail for life if he has to to be a martyr for the cause. He could probably get a reduced sentence (10 years) by pleading guilty, but he refuses to do so. US extradition requests to Canada are always successful and Emery has very little chance of succeeding in his fight against it unless there is an intervention from the federal justice minister - something that has never happened.

5. This is going to happen because the Canadian public, who have shown in repeated polls that they favour the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana by a wide majority (over 65% on average) is complacent on the issue

6. The Chretien government backed off on its decriminalization move because of heavy pressure from the US

7. The USDEA considers Marc Emery to be the biggest drug criminal in Canada - above the Hell's Angels. Emery and his friends have never been accused of killing anybody, or of selling addictive drugs.

8. The incidence of marijuana use in the US is twice that of Holland :blink: and there is a growing consensus in the US that after many years, the war on drugs is a very costly failure.

I may have missed something, but that is it in a nutshell.

Personally, I feel we'd be a lot better off if we put hard liquor in the same category as hard drugs and legalized marijuana.

Edited by Higgly

shavluk

I am a pot smoker. And I can tell you 100% it does impare you in some ways. Don't be saying that it does not. If you don't think it does, you are one of those people I would not want to associate with. But don't believe me. I am only a daily pot smoker of 6 years. I would not know anything about it.

That is not me speaking ,,, Hello.

If you go back and look.

Coincidentally it is marc emery from the email portion of the Globe and mail piece.

Kind of explains what I say about him,eh.

Myself , well I can say I have seen many not impaired by cannabis as well, myself included.

But then I do not smoke joints , or ever have more than a puff or two some don't drink the whole 26 of alcohol they just bought remember?

I smoke it mostly because of my spinal cord damage from a car accident where I was hit head on by someone sober driving straight at me in my lane.

I have been high make no mistake I have also been stoned but then I have been drunk and some times only had one ice cold beer after a hard day.

Impairment should be addressed and the video in the police cars or other video tools certainly clear that issue up.

Stopping people ,arresting them and charging them for impairment because their blood , urine or saliva still showed the joint they smoked with their MLA last month is in my view simply really about bullying tactics from a mean spirited christian fundamentalist moralistic unaware human.

Thanks for your comments.

If you want to see something that will show kind of a clairvoyant experience I had ,hahha read this.

http://www.unleashthegreen.com/community/forum48/12332.html

Now with a thousand views

I don't get how you can advocate driving a motor vehicle on a public road if you are impaired by anything at all. given your alleged injury. There are enough problems with people who have full control of their faculties.

I don't blame you ,,please for the sake of your slander where did I say that?

Hahahha, can you take this guy and that girl with you ,,and this guy?

If only some others were so sensitive and words were like they must be to this sensitive member.

Hey don't go away on my account as ,,,,ITS ONLY WORDS,,,AND WORDS ARE ALL I HAVE TO TAKE YOUR HEART AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

:lol: I'm not going anywhere. I meant "quit" as in, quitting smoking pot.

Stopping people ,arresting them and charging them for impairment because their blood , urine or saliva still showed the joint they smoked with their MLA last month is in my view simply really about bullying tactics from a mean spirited christian fundamentalist moralistic unaware human.

Seems you're a little light on the issue. Maybe I misread you.

To quote Higgly

5. This is going to happen because the Canadian public, who have shown in repeated polls that they favour the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana by a wide majority (over 65% on average) is complacent on the issue

Oh come on!!!! What did you really expect? Open warfare? I can see it now...2007...The Battle of Dorito.

So you're actually suprised that a bunch of pot-heads were complacent on something? You want activism from people who are lying on the couch playing PS3 and drinking lots of water?

Edited by Hydraboss

So you're actually suprised that a bunch of pot-heads were complacent on something? You want activism from people who are lying on the couch playing PS3 and drinking lots of water?

Considering many of them are not that way, then yes.

They are on oil rigs,are lawyers, Doctors, cops , professors , business owners both big and small....it runs the gamut.

A large majoriy of Canadians favour decriminalization or outright legalization. I believe the average of all the polls taken over the past few years runs around 65%.

even running BC FERRY CORP !!

Even typing at Internet forums.

Also for recovering from Chrystal meth withdrawal

and from crack withdrawal

Again these last two could be argued to be done with just cold water and a bit of yelling disciplinary orders in a way of tuffing one up a a bit.hahhaha

I knew a priest who I smoked with all the time , a roman catholic priest in-charge of a parish of about 1500 people.

Every year he would take his vacation as a door to door vacuum salesman so he wouldn't have to council anyone or "work" well he holidayed

Edited by shavluk

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/column...ae-a3a0516f7f87

***News and entertainment media are filled with stories about people who suffer as a result of taking an illicit drug, but they almost never have stories of people who take an illicit drug without bad consequences following -- even though the latter event is vastly more common than the former. The opposite is true of alcohol: As a 2003 study of British television found, stories of people suffering as a result of drinking do appear occasionally -- almost always in the news -- but those stories are "infrequent" compared to "positive, convivial, funny images" of drinking.

Personal experience multiplies this effect. Alcohol use is so common and open we all know lots of people who drink without coming to grief. But illicit drug use - marijuana excepted - is relatively rare. It's also stigmatized, so the lawyer who occasionally snorts a line of cocaine before heading out to nightclubs will tell his colleagues the next day about the alcohol he drank but not the cocaine. As a result, few of us have personal experience with most illicit drugs***

more in the link

even running BC FERRY CORP !!

Even typing at Internet forums.

Also for recovering from Chrystal meth withdrawal

and from crack withdrawal

Again these last two could be argued to be done with just cold water and a bit of yelling disciplinary orders in a way of tuffing one up a a bit.hahhaha

I knew a priest who I smoked with all the time , a roman catholic priest in-charge of a parish of about 1500 people.

Every year he would take his vacation as a door to door vacuum salesman so he wouldn't have to council anyone or "work" well he holidayed

The fact that you'd make light of something like that... That ferry sinking could have had much more serious consequences, and the fact that many of the crew members are druggies is cause for serious concern.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/column...ae-a3a0516f7f87

***News and entertainment media are filled with stories about people who suffer as a result of taking an illicit drug, but they almost never have stories of people who take an illicit drug without bad consequences following -- even though the latter event is vastly more common than the former. The opposite is true of alcohol: As a 2003 study of British television found, stories of people suffering as a result of drinking do appear occasionally -- almost always in the news -- but those stories are "infrequent" compared to "positive, convivial, funny images" of drinking.

Personal experience multiplies this effect. Alcohol use is so common and open we all know lots of people who drink without coming to grief. But illicit drug use - marijuana excepted - is relatively rare. It's also stigmatized, so the lawyer who occasionally snorts a line of cocaine before heading out to nightclubs will tell his colleagues the next day about the alcohol he drank but not the cocaine. As a result, few of us have personal experience with most illicit drugs***

more in the link

This is such a falacious statement: "Alcohol use is so common and open we all know lots of people who drink without coming to grief". Almost everyone who uses alcohol has experienced negative consequences; whether it's causing a multi-vehicle accident that results in the death of innocent people, violence and aggression, breakdowns in relationships, lost work hours, lower grades in school, self-destructive thoughts. The fact of the matter is that alcohol should be illegal as well, because it is just as bad or worse than some illegal drugs (but not most). The problem is when alcohol is made illegal, the homebrew stuff that starts to be sold on the black market tends to be considerably more dangerous. That's the sad fact of the matter.

Keng333

Stopping people ,arresting them and charging them for impairment because their blood , urine or saliva still showed the joint they smoked with their MLA last month is in my view simply really about bullying tactics from a mean spirited christian fundamentalist moralistic unaware human

I want to point out something for you. I could not really care about the joint you smoked last monght. But I will care about that joint you smoked just before you got in the drivers seat. I think slaps upside the head for anyone who drives drunk or stoned. I even deserve a few myself.

Simple question. Do you drive stoned? If so, how often?

Shavluk, from your article you linked

As a result, few of us have personal experience with most illicit drugs***

I would point out that the rest of the sentence should read, that we would want to talk about." Using the Lawyer and the cocaine before the nightclub, he would not share to his circle the stories of the cocaine.

I have personal experiences with weed, hash/oil, speed, mdma mushrooms, acid. I think that is about it. Extacy can be mixed with cocaine, heroine, speed and some other stuff. So I will assume I have consumed those drugs as well. I gotta tell you though E is quite fun.

Take your recreational drugs responsibly. Just like alcohol. Basicly, and this will sound funny, treat it with respect. I operate and work around heavy equipment. The 1.5 tonne pallet hauler I am using can snap a leg without effort. They don't stop on a dime with another tonne or so of grocery product on it and ,,, well you understand. I have seen arms bruised, broken. I even crushed my left hand with the handle of it and a cement post. Know the machine, learn to operate it properly and it will work for you instead of running over your leg.

Treat drugs with respect. Know your limit. If you are going to do some of those crazy hard drugs, do it in a safe surrounding. Not sure, but all of this just seems like common sense to me. But people override that for some reason and bend to pressure of 'ok, just one more'. The one more thing aint a bad idea if you already have a plan to get home safe or whatever. Doing some hard chemicals in a strange/new environment can lead to strange unwanted results.

This is such a falacious statement: "Alcohol use is so common and open we all know lots of people who drink without coming to grief". Almost everyone who uses alcohol has experienced negative consequences; whether it's causing a multi-vehicle accident that results in the death of innocent people, violence and aggression, breakdowns in relationships, lost work hours, lower grades in school, self-destructive thoughts. The fact of the matter is that alcohol should be illegal as well, because it is just as bad or worse than some illegal drugs (but not most). The problem is when alcohol is made illegal, the homebrew stuff that starts to be sold on the black market tends to be considerably more dangerous. That's the sad fact of the matter.

Now we are finally getting some where!

Stay with that thought about the kids being poisoned needlessly.

Why don't you check how many kids have gone to hospital for breathing problems and too afraid to tell their parents they smoked some criminal pot covered with RAID insecticide.

This eh-em quote

The fact that you'd make light of something like that... That ferry sinking could have had much more serious consequences, and the fact that many of the crew members are druggies is cause for serious concern ********

Your comments and what you elude to is in your mind only. Bizarre

The point I make is that the ferry corp could have a bigger % smoking than the ones working the ferry's,, I would start my drug tests there if I was going to which I wouldn't.

I like most humans would respect someones rights until I saw signs of impairment

The sad fact that every little and big thing these days is falsely blamed on drugs and only illegal ones.

There is absolutely ,,,NO ,, NONE ,,,NO proof anyone working that ferry were smoking cannabis and I find all that crap very distasteful ,,,don't like that well ,,oh well

To me its like saying black men sink ferry's and there were some on board ,,bullshit!

The ferry sunk because of cost cuts by the greedy corporation who by some unflattering and probably backhanded way to tax payers are allowed take our ferry's to rape us on service and price and then blame their employees for a sinking they by mismanagement and greed caused.

I don't have time to come here every time you misconstrue something I say ,,maybe even on purpose.

I will just have to ignore you and let you think what ever because you keep doing it.

One more chance that's it.

The way you feel about alcohol tells every thing to me and mine and really there is no point in any discussion with you until you lose the sanctimonious hangups and inhibitions you seem to have.