Peaceful Aboriginal (Mohawk) Protesters

M.Dancer

CALEDONIA, Ont. — Aboriginals are maintaining their protest at a southern Ontario housing development under the watchful eye of police following a confrontation that seriously injured a homebuilder.

Sam Gualtieri, 52, of Caledonia, Ont., was found unconscious Thursday after he entered a partially built house and clashed with several aboriginal youths.

Ontario Provincial Police Constable Paula Wright said Mr. Gualtieri remained in hospital Friday in serious condition with what his brother said was a broken nose and bruised skull.

*snip*

The aboriginals were given the land in 1784 by the British Crown, but Ottawa says the vast majority was surrendered or sold by 1850. Six Nations representatives insist the land was never surrendered.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/National/home

Any bets on which group has paperwork?

Edited by M.Dancer

Let me guess, one will have legal papers and the other rolling papers.

And in no time, an apologist on MLW , the one that says "respect the rule of law" will be along to tell us that the house Mr Gualtieri entered was not his , and in 3..2..1.......

Let me guess, one will have legal papers and the other rolling papers.

And in no time, an apologist on MLW , the one that says "respect the rule of law" will be along to tell us that the house Mr Gualtieri entered was not his , and in 3..2..1.......

Obviously the home and the land was stolen.......

Mr. Tory was speaking one day after a contractor putting the final touches on a home he was building for his daughter and fiancé was seriously injured after a confrontation with several young men in Caledonia.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ection2007/home

I get kind of tired reading about all this over and over. I say let the police arrest the youths who did this. Charge them as adults with attempted murder and jail them for 15-20 years. It would send the right message back to the protesters that breaking the law is took seriously and they either follow it even when they do not agree or go to jail for it.

As for their land claims go, if the government can show that it was sold or given back in 1850, then I think that the penalty should be such that an equall parcel of land should now be taken away from their reverve, in payment of restitution for their protests. We have to get back to the same law enforcement of laws as the laws of physics and that is for every action there is an equall and opposite reaction. Then maybe I will be able to have a small amount of faith in our system.

This cant be right. All Aboriginals are totally peacefull, din'cha know? I think this guy beat the crap out of himself to make a point.

All those pictures of Aboriginals burning buildings and destroying bridges are fake. Research has shown that it's actually evil Travelocity Gnomes who are doing that stuff, not our First Immigrants.

In this small Southern Alberta town where I live the Aboriginal/Native/First Immigrant types never do anything wrong (huge amount of sarcasm). When about 15 of them were accused of beating a lone white guy to death it was actually those evil Gnomes who did it.

I agree this is insane.

Supposedly though the native groups aren't happy with them because it's ruining their political pockets.

I think the military will eventally have to step in.

The USA has more natives, but doesn't have these problems. I guess it's because the USA pushes an integration agenda rather than segregration.

Edit: But of course that's done for a reason. there's a reason why natives vote Liberal.

Edited by mikedavid00

In this small Southern Alberta town where I live the Aboriginal/Native/First Immigrant types never do anything wrong (huge amount of sarcasm). When about 15 of them were accused of beating a lone white guy to death it was actually those evil Gnomes who did it.

It's accepted behavoir. I was in Provincial Court at Rocky Mountain House not so long ago dealing with a traffic ticket. I saw there Indians getting probation and stayed sentances for beating police officers, crashing stolen SUV's through houses and a contempt of court charge for drinking in the court room. The judge was visably frustrated, but admitted that there was really no point in putting these guys in jail, it would just encourage them more when they got out.

Having them on the streets at least will give maybe one out of the thirty or fourty there a chance to finish grade 10 by 25.

As long as the justice system gives Indians a free ride because of their race, we'll continue to have these issues. They believe the law just doesn't apply to them. They are above it. And judges treat them like it.

One of my RCMP friends that is stationed near a reserve spoke of the Indians honest belief that they are entitled to do whatever they please. If they want to have a beer while driving a stolen truck, go for it. The white man owes them.

He said one out of five Indians he arrests will physically attack him and resist arrest. He'll then have to pick them up a week later because the judge won't lock him up. In the three months prior to when I spoke to him last, he did not have to arrest any white people whatsoever. He arrested at least 100 natives.

And the justice system just keeps on encouraging it.

It's a pretty sickening situation. Unfortunately I cant see it changing any time soon, there are just way too many apologists for that kind of behaviour.

There are those who will blather on about the nobility of the culture and saintly ways of the natives. Those people obviously don't have to live with these jerks. I get so sick of them bumming money all the time, these are healthy, able people by the way. Every one of them could be working if they chose to, they'd rather pan handle though. They're happy if they can bum enough to buy their next bottle of cheap booze. I've even offered some of them a job, thats when you see them damn near run away from you. Oh the horror! Actually having to work!

Some will probably scream about stereotypes, sorry but when you see them hanging around pissed drunk waiting for the liquor store to open in the morning that is reality, not a stereotype. Just like watching them share a bottle of Lysol or hair spray is reality, not a stereotype. Just last night my friend and I had to forcefully move three of them along. They decided his front lawn was a good place to pass out. They came to realize how wrong they were when we took exception to this decision they had made.

The cops generally just throw them into the back of the cruiser and drive them back to the reserve to sober up (like that'll happen). The true shame is the fact that some are good people. They have jobs, take care of their famillies and homes and are pretty good neighbours all in all. Unfortunately there's a shit load of them who are nothing more than free loading drunks. Yep, very noble and peacefull alright.

Wow, nice to see a thread with nothing but common sense in it. The Indians get bolder because they know they will not be touched.

That's exactly the bottom line. Ontario is in for a very rude awakening if a politican isn't willing to move on the issue. McGuinty is a major threat to your freedom out there guys, wake up.

If you think they are going to stop at attempting to beat this developer to death, your sadden mistaken and the crime statistics don't support that view either. You have the most violent, drug and alcohol addicted population, immune from real prosecution, with the goal of retaking all the land in Canada.

Now that sounds safe.

...The USA has more natives, but doesn't have these problems. I guess it's because the USA pushes an integration agenda rather than segregration.

That's an interesting observation, but the US certainly has "native issues". But as you have indicated, few doubt that native "Indians" are Americans, despite historical wrongs by the "Great Father". In my part of the US, we are at the tail end of the courts working through treaty rights for what the land really means (hunting, gathering, fishing), even as it angers so called "outdoors sportsmen".

That's an interesting observation, but the US certainly has "native issues". But as you have indicated, few doubt that native "Indians" are Americans, despite historical wrongs by the "Great Father". In my part of the US, we are at the tail end of the courts working through treaty rights for what the land really means (hunting, gathering, fishing), even as it angers so called "outdoors sportsmen".
The US does not have a native problem because it exterminate most of them and then overwhelmed the few that were left with settlers. That said the US is dealing with its own Mohawk claim around Syrcruse NY which is almost identical to the Caledonia claim.

The US does not have a native problem because it exterminate most of them and then overwhelmed the few that were left with settlers. That said the US is dealing with its own Mohawk claim around Syrcruse NY which is almost identical to the Caledonia claim.

Nonsense....the US has more natives and recognized tribes than Canada by far. The US certainly has native issues to deal with (as described earlier), but we don't have the national (and neurotic) indentity crisis that permeates all of Canada, let alone First Nations. Oui?

I get kind of tired reading about all this over and over. I say let the police arrest the youths who did this. Charge them as adults with attempted murder and jail them for 15-20 years. It would send the right message back to the protesters that breaking the law is took seriously and they either follow it even when they do not agree or go to jail for it.

Our politicians are gutless, particularly in Ontario, where McGuinty has effectively emasculated police and ensured no action will be taken against natives. Even if they are arrested they now effectively have a parallel justice and prisons they run themselves - often without bars.

Michael Harris on Natives and Prisons

Edited by Argus

The Iroquois people were never "conquered" by either the English or later the American people. They agreed to be allies to their new neighbours and made room for them in their lands. The most recent agreements are in southern Ontario. They were given 6 miles on each side of the Grand River, and each of the tributaries, by General Haldimand, on behalf of the English government because of the Iroquois support of England during the American Revolution.

Land claims subsequent are many, and clouded with time. The Iroquois' history is recorded by their elders, and passed down to the next generation by word.

I have more faith in the elders of the Iroquois, to be honest, than I do of the records of the province. There were many dubious transactions.

Money aside the, claims of the Iroquois, should be heard. It is a shame that confrontation must be the last method available to the Mohawks of the Iroquois nation.

These are my thoughts

Robin