Police provoking violence?

OTTAWA — Organizers of a peaceful protest at this week's Montebello summit want answers from the Prime Minister about three demonstrators whom they say were police agents.

Dave Coles, president of the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers union, says the three were trying to provoke violence.

Video and photos of the men show them wearing boots with the same marking as police boots.

Activists say they believe the three were planted in the crowd to provoke a confrontation to give police justification for moving on the peaceful protesters.

Link

I don't know whether this is true or not, but if it is, it's pretty frightening.

Edited by gc1765

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OTTAWA — Organizers of a peaceful rent a mob at this week's Montebello summit want answers

Looks like the secret is out.

http://www.rightpoint.org/montebello.html

have seen these discussions around the internet on various groups. Stephen Harper is George Bush's sock puppet, you know! There will be a union between the US, Mexico, and Canada. It will be US troops, who will be patrolling Canadian cities. The reason behind this is so that Bush will get cheaper oil from Canada.

Let's see if we can feed some more into the mix. :) In an interview with Chom Noamsky, leader of the union of dumpster divers local 601, tells me that there is a secret plan to build a pipeline from Lake Winnipeg to Fargo North Dakota. Said he got his information from someone called Jimmy Hoffa.

Edited by B. Max

Organizers of a peaceful protest at this week's Montebello summit want answers from the Prime Minister about three demonstrators whom they say were police agents.

Video and photos of the men show them wearing boots with the same marking as police boots.

Some evidence as well as accusations would be nice. That is beyond the fact that they might have been wearing the same boots as the police. :rolleyes:

We've all seen the anarchists that frequent these demonstrations around the world. It appears that Canada was spared a lot of this nonsense with the exception of a few hooligans. I wonder if this fellow Dave Coles, who raised the allegations about Government "plants" will apologize when their true identities become known - I won't hold my breath. That's how these conspiracy theories live on - the initial story gets front page coverage while the eventual truth or retraction gets buried. I saw Coles' rant on CTV and I don't think it's a stretch to call his claims dubious. That fact should have led the reporter to ask that question "if the individuals are found to not be "plants", will you accept our invitation to return and apologize?". Now THAT would have been interesting.

I have a conspiracy theory. Planting cops as protesters and having them caught in plain view, is a ploy to divert debate about the secret negotiations that went on behind closed doors.

Now, the summit will fade into the sunset. All the talk is about the dirty tricks by the cops. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, could it be that the police did place undercover cops amid the protesters? Now, if they did, I don't believe it was to incite violence. Perhaps it is one way the cops can get close enough to weed out the small number of protesters who would cause serious damage before it occurs.

I think of undercover drug enforcement officers. They're not there to encourage the drug trade but to identify drug dealers and obtain proof in case of prosecutions.

It seems now the inevitable inquiry will take place.

I mean, at a huge rally were security is a concern, it would be absolutely inconceivable that there would be undercover cops to monitor things. Terrible hey. So terrible.

Anyways, it's just a conspiracy theory right now. I really don't see much motivation for the police to do such a thing.

That's the claim but the video I saw on CTV the "agitators" handing out rocks didn't look like no cops......

Okay I saw the vid in question, of the two suspected undercover cops. they were different from the folks handing out rocks....but what I didn't see was any evidence of them provoking...and from the first video I saw, it looked like they didn't need any .

My 2 cents: The union wants to explain away why so many rocks were thrown at police.

I take a different position on most of this. I think that these guys really were plants by the police. It is rather obvious that the one was talking to the police in line and it was then that the police grabbed them and arrested them etc. The police will not release who they were and or why they were taken into custody. That is more then enough for me to say that these guys were probably some of thier own. Now were they there to cause trouble or just spy on the protesters? That I cna not say for sure, but it should be obvious that these guys were not there to benefit the protesters. I do not think what they did braoke any laws, but it definitely was not in good taste, and probably was not the wisest of things to do. It was exposed, and in the bigger picture it just shows that you can not trust the police, to do the right thing, but thta has been a thing I have understood since way back when I was a teenager. Time has moved on but somethings never change.

I think it's pretty clear that these three dudes were cops. The whole use of agent provacateurs is a time tested and useful mechanism for the state to quell public unrest.

It works quite well - as most of the public is unaware. The provacatuers begin the violence, the police then come in all guns a blazing and then demand more money and powers to limit public protests! Very nice indeed and with all the trappings of the coming police state!

Well done Canada! So much for freedom of speech, and freedom of expression!! Keep up the good work and soon we will enjoy the same liberties as our brethren to the south.

Sad.

Nobody has posted the Youtube CTV news footage of the demonstration.....so here it is. Whether these guys were cops or not seems to be irrelevant after watching this clip. Dancer has a good point - it's more a ploy by the unions to deflect criticism of the unruly actions of the hundred or so who chose to act like idiots.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILTtIGVRS9k

Edited by Keepitsimple

On the other hand, there has been documented cases of agents provaceurs in the police. Look up on the Murray Hill riot in Montréal circa 1769. The police agent provocateur was killed by the owner of the Murray Hill bus line, against which the riot took place.

Montreal was quite a different place in 1769.....1969 too

But I don't see any evidence that Robert Dumas was an agent provocateur

I don't know how someone walks like a cop......but putting undercovers in the middle of rioters is SOP.

Cops do walk in a certain way, partly because when wearing full uniform (gun etc) the arms tend to rest in an outward direction from the body - sort of like those steroid filled musclemen. If you look at the little dude with the rock his movements are very cop like.

Further to that - if these guys were really violent protesters then why run TO the police?

Now, Dancer can you answer a question or are you simply going to attack again? Maybe you too are a plant of some kind? Ficus? Stinging Nettle? Milkweed?

Cops do walk in a certain way, partly because when wearing full uniform (gun etc) the arms tend to rest in an outward direction from the body - sort of like those steroid filled musclemen. If you look at the little dude with the rock his movements are very cop like.

Further to that - if these guys were really violent protesters then why run TO the police?

Now, Dancer can you answer a question or are you simply going to attack again? Maybe you too are a plant of some kind? Ficus? Stinging Nettle? Milkweed?

Oh I have no doubt they were undercover.....better to identify those who should be arrested. They did get 4 who professional deadbeat Jaggi Singh say were also genuine professional deadbeats.....But how does someone who isn't wearing a full uniform woal like a cop?

My mistake about the numbers.......there were 3 singled out, notwithstanding there were dozens throwing rocks.

Dancer, get your stories all straight - the provactuers are those in the video and there are three of them - who have supposedly been detained by the cops, yet no record of this is available and the cops themselves have chosen to remain silent (quite telling).

It walks like a cop, acts like a cop, runs too the cops = they are cops.

We aren't talking about the other protestors who may or may not have thrown rocks or acted violently. This thread is about the three who have been outed by the union rep.

Keep your mind focused Dancer, instead of two stepping the issue at hand..

sheeesh