God-Fearing People

I don't know exactly why the few who didn't publish them, chose not to.

Was it fear? I am not sure. Perhaps that is the general assumption. BUT, is it correct?

Perhaps some media outlets chose not to print them as: 1- they were widely available anyway, so there was no advantage (in sales) to doing so.( In the age of the internet, if it's available in Europe, it is on line here, before a paper goes to press :time differences)

2:Perhaps the advantage from a sales point of view was to portray the media outlet, as holding itself to a higher standard, thereby taking the higher ground and being 'not offensive'.

Of course what media outlet would downright admit to fear? Admitting to succumb to initmidation and fear would definitely mean

LOSS OF CREDIBILITY!

And definitely the mood of appeasement that pervades a lot of democratic and western societies...a lot of whom tend to lean more to the left-wing idealogy also played a big role in this.

Sure they want to say that they're "taking the higher ground." That's what they want to think they're doing....when actually, they're knocking down that very principle and freedom that is supposedly to be upheld by their profession at all cost!

The few publishing houses valiantly stood their ground - not because they hated Muslims - but to uphold and fight for what they see as an attempt to tamper with this freedom of expression. They wanted to show that they would not be intimidated into silence....nor will they be manipulated or coersced to submission as to how or what opinion they want to give.

We cannot assume media outlets chose to not publish out of fear, as SALES and PROFITS are THE driving factor, not fear.

Come to think of it, thanks for pointing that out.

Indeed I do remember a movement by the Islamic community calling for a boycott of the Western Standard, one of those handful of publishers who stood up for the Right to Free Expression.

As a matter of fact, some stores REFUSED TO CARRY that issue, further depriving the public of the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE - whether they would choose to join the boycott or not!

Most of these store owners are said to belong to the Muslim Community.

I wonder how the reaction would be if someone calls for a boycott of all businesses owned by Muslims?

That call for boycott meant loss of sales and profits for the Western Standard!

The Western Standard took a beating for that, thanks to the vigilance and knee-jerk response of the Muslim Community!

And if I do remember it right, the Muslim Community even filed a lawsuit against the paper for publishing those cartoons.

So yes....that is another good example of intimidation, AND reprisal that could happen to any businesses the Muslim community think is offensive or insulting!

I guess that's the "positive" or "progressive" alternative....instead of throwing a bomb in the area...or beheading a journalist of that paper. That journalist named Pearl comes to mind - I don't know what he did why he was singled out for abduction and execution. But he was another example.

Gagging of news reports and media happens mostly in third world countries ruled by tyrants and dictators.

But that Western Standar gagging happened here in Canada.

I myself, think reason number one is the most viable, with reason number 2 being the advantage of doing so.

What HOT news isn't splashed anywhere and everywhere???

National newspapers include hollywood tabloid materials - that are controversial and sensational - and yet refuse to print out copies of said cartoons that became quite the sensation GLOBALLY, just because they were already available in some medial outlets?

That I find so hard to believe!

NO ONE WOULD WANT TO BE LEFT OUT OF ANY SENSATIONAL OR HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE!

For the simple reason that they do add to sales!

But, you yourself, can take a look around this forum, at the number of articles published, and posted here, the number of posters who criticize endlessly inc, the "footbath" thread, the books published, the number of publishers, politicians , authors, etc., who are willing to criticize and overall, you will find there is NO fear of being critical of Muslims.

I am not talking of zero-courage when I say that there is fear of offending Muslims. There are those who refuse to be intimidated.

Just like in war, there are those who will form and/or choose to join resistance groups to fight invaders while the rest of the population capitulate for whatever reasons.

This forum is not a good example. How many posters would post downright criticisms or blatant support OF ANYTHING if we do not have anonymity?

btw: I saw the cartoons myself, so clearly they were widely accessible.

So did I. But I had to go through all the trouble of accessing the website and doing a search for those cartoons.

I had hoped that these cartoons - for all the controversy and violence they've incited all over the world - would've been splashed on the front pages of every national newspapers.

After all, a lot of these newspapers splashed someone like Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan or Mel Gibson for their "offensive" behaviours or outbursts. Hollywood belongs more in tabloids....but definitely those cartoons should've been on national newspapers.

Publishing of those cartoons was definitely crucial information since the controversy was about the alleged insults of such depictions. So, show me those cartoons and let me decide for myself if I find them insulting or what!

It is negligent reporting for any newspapers to published "half-baked" information....after all, they're into the business of providing credible current information.

Edited by betsy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuzadd is absolutely spot-on. We bomb their cities flat, round up their men and women and incarcerate them for years without trial or charges laid. Stack them in nude pyramids. Shove light sticks up their asses. Screw them over for their natural resources. Install brutal puppet dictatorships like Saddam's and the Taliban's, then use that self-same brutality as an excuse for another bombing mission. But somehow at the same time we try to make it look like we live in fearful deference of them. You talk about doublethink?

Nobody is afraid of criticizing muslims. Nobody. Look at how they are portrayed in any Hollywood movie. Dirty, greasy, chanting, snaggle-toothed savages clad in rags and dirt. Go out and rent "Rules of Engagement" some time. It might be very instructive.

And Christopher Hitchens has completely blown his own credibility by being one of the major cheerleaders who helped get America into the Iraq quagmire by parrotting the lies and disinformation, known to be false at the time and since proven so. Anybody who listens to anything he says at this point deserves what they get.

As for other religions. Tell me the Christian Right has no power in America, or that anybody can say anything they want against Christianity without drawing their fire. Tell me it's possible to criticize Israeli policy without the extremely powerful Jewish lobby slamming you as an anti-semite.

Goodness. Such hate and anger. Bad, bad US for making bumpiles. Far worse than the thousands of deaths a month in the global Jihad.

Your own credibility went out the window the second you uttered the word "lies." That's just sooooo lame.

'betsy'

Sure they want to say that they're "taking the higher ground." That's what they want to think they're doing....when actually, they're knocking down that very principle and freedom that is supposedly to be upheld by their profession at all cost!

Yup, and that kind of virtue is a great selling point!

Therefore, my opinion is that is why they chose, to not publish , already widely available and the appeal of appearing virtuous, very big in the west.

Indeed I do remember a movement by the Islamic community calling for a boycott of the Western Standard, one of those handful of publishers who stood up for the Right to Free Expression.

so, so what if, they want to boycott, they can, so?????????

Christians boycott all the time as a group ,so???

That called freedom in a democracy!

I wonder how the reaction would be if someone calls for a boycott of all businesses owned by Muslims?

I am sure some would boycott and others wouldn't, again , non-point.

The Western Standard took a beating for that, thanks to the vigilance and knee-jerk response of the Muslim Community!

well again, so what?!

That's the aim of boycotts is it not?

Or let me guess, just christians can boycott Harry potter books, movies and more, right????

And if I do remember it right, the Muslim Community even filed a lawsuit against the paper for publishing those cartoons.

again, so what?

You have demonstrated that Muslims can function quite well in a democratic community, same as any christian group, who condemns let's say.....Harry Potter books for witchcrafts, and implores others to boycott the beloved children's book!!!!!!!!

or any of the myriad of other Christian boycotts:

Harry Potter and the Evangelical Backlash, replete with book-burnings and condmenations and admonishments to boycott

"During the forty minute speech, Robertson called for a complete boycott of all Harry Potter merchandise, and any secondary merchandise related to the books, .." As did Dr Dobson.

how about the christian boycott of the Davinci code

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14572

hristian activists are planning a boycott of the soon-to-be-released Da Vinci Code movie, which one influential pro-family group is calling “blasphemous.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8047423/

Christian activist group

goes after Ford Motor Co. (for extending gay family benefits)

or Christians boycott Disney

http://www.creationists.org/boycotts_disney.html

Christians boycott film with gay actor

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/02/news/gays.php

and on and on, Christians seem to boycott everything that isn't tied down!

There's that old double standard coming to rear it's ugly head.

Edited by kuzadd

"Rules of Engagement" was filmed when? I could just as easily recommend the movie "True Lies" when not only were they portrayed as greasy and evil....but stupid as well!

Find a movie at the time of the cartoons to the present time....hardly anything there, which is very, very, very surprising!

There is a dearth of action heroes these days(what with Willis really the only one left, and he don't have that much time to pull it off anymore)....and anyone or any major studio who'd want to package and market the next action star to take the place of Stallone and Schwarzennegger and Willis will have a great vehicle to stardom by making a movie battling the greatest threat to the world right now.

It will be a blockbuster seeing there is a niche to be filled!

So where is he? Some struggling unknown actor is willing somewhere I bet!

What? Say that again?

No one wants to produce this type of movie?

No one wants to write the story and screenplay?

No one wants to direct this type of movie?

No one wants to distribute this type of movie?

Edited by betsy

Kuzadd is absolutely spot-on. We bomb their cities flat, round up their men and women and incarcerate them for years without trial or charges laid. Stack them in nude pyramids. Shove light sticks up their asses. Screw them over for their natural resources. Install brutal puppet dictatorships like Saddam's and the Taliban's, then use that self-same brutality as an excuse for another bombing mission. But somehow at the same time we try to make it look like we live in fearful deference of them. You talk about doublethink?

What nonsense is this? We don't bomb their cities flat. If you are so unable to view world events as this, the rest of your post now makes sense. We go to great lengths to avoid civilian casualities and infastructure. This in turn gives the terrorists the bullet of killing their own civilians and throwing them in the bomb craters for the western media to go into shock over. The incarceration bit was only a one time only thing and done with idiots who want to blow up citizens to get their 72 virgins. Them or us. The prisoner abuse was illegal and those responsible were sentenced.

Nobody is afraid of criticizing muslims. Nobody. Look at how they are portrayed in any Hollywood movie. Dirty, greasy, chanting, snaggle-toothed savages clad in rags and dirt. Go out and rent "Rules of Engagement" some time. It might be very instructive.

How about The Sum Of All Fears? Or the latest Bourne movie. Both were based on books that originally had Muslim terrorists as bad guys. Hollywood doesn't fear them so much as love and respect the terrorists.

And did you not see the rage the Muslim world went into when the cartoons were exposed?

As for other religions. Tell me the Christian Right has no power in America, or that anybody can say anything they want against Christianity without drawing their fire. Tell me it's possible to criticize Israeli policy without the extremely powerful Jewish lobby slamming you as an anti-semite.

If the Christian right had power there would be no abortions, or acceptance of the gay lifestyle. Stores would be closed on Sundays and churches would be full. How many Christians have been banging at your door in response to your christian rant? What, none? They must be waiting to beat you over the head with their bibles when you get outside of course.

Ditto with Israel. You obviously don't know it, but there are a few on this board who rant against Israel over and over and over again and again. They haven't been silenced, and abuse those who differ with them. Perhaps the West is more reasonable than you seem to think.

Edited by sharkman

'betsy'

Yup, and that kind of virtue is a great selling point!Therefore, my opinion is that is why they chose, to not publish , already widely available and the appeal of appearing virtuous, very big in the west

Virtue? Depends from whose point of view. Some would interpret that as a "cop out" or cowardice. When push comes to shove, we know who'll easily buckle...and we know who'll really deliver the goods - credible goods - the truth!

so, so what if, they want to boycott, they can, so?????????

Christians boycott all the time as a group ,so???

That called freedom in a democracy!

I am sure some would boycott and others wouldn't, again , non-point.

well again, so what?!

That's the aim of boycotts is it not?

The calling for protest-boycott by Christians cannot be compared to that of the Muslim's call for it - in this current, present situation the world is facing, I must add.

Boycott being called by the Muslim Community takes on a whole new meaning when preceded or coincided by real examples of violence and deaths, of rampaging mobs around the world vowing carnage for every "insults", all being perpetrated by Muslims!

This is like saying a mob guy is negotiating with you, kindly saying, "I'm making you an offer you can't refuse", and all the while behind this mob guy you see his henchmen twisting the arm off your son. That's not "negotiation!" :lol:

In my view the Muslim Community, or any Muslim Community in any democratic or western countries around the world who raised their voice in protests against the publications of those cartoons made a grave error jumping in on the scene like that!

The Muslim Community's action - for all its effort at trying to condemn the violence of radicals and loonies - came out as half-hearted or contrived.

You mentioned of rising hate crimes against Muslims - I haven't heard of any in Canada or the USA - but if there are, I wouldn't be surprised. And who's attracting and inviting those hate??? Whose fault is it?

There was that golden opportunity to show the world that them Muslim communities are one with their host-countries, denouncing the violence and upholding peace and unity with all the other citizens of their host-countries.

As I said, some Muslim Communities handled the situation badly. At least the one in Canada did. IMHO.

Remember about the nuns executed just because the Pope expressed an opinion. So we know that innocent lives are being deliberately spilled for every deemed insults uttered!

Edited by betsy

Betsy here is what you said, verbatim:

So yes....that is another good example of intimidation, AND reprisal that could happen to any businesses the Muslim community think is offensive or insulting!

those are your words, to which I replied.

bascially, so what is yor point, they are well within there rights in a democratic country Canada, to do those things.

Christians do them all the time.

Harry Potter and the Evangelical Backlash, replete with book-burnings and condmenations and admonishments to boycott

"During the forty minute speech, Robertson called for a complete boycott of all Harry Potter merchandise, and any secondary merchandise related to the books, .." As did Dr Dobson.

how about the christian boycott of the Davinci code

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14572

hristian activists are planning a boycott of the soon-to-be-released Da Vinci Code movie, which one influential pro-family group is calling “blasphemous.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8047423/

Christian activist group

goes after Ford Motor Co. (for extending gay family benefits)

or Christians boycott Disney

http://www.creationists.org/boycotts_disney.html

Christians boycott film with gay actor

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/02/news/gays.php

and more ...................

which also translates into a loss of revenue affecting all these groups, and can also be considered a form of intimidation, such as in the case of Ford extending gay rights benefits to their employee's , in essence to "bully" Ford into changing benefit to an employee of the company.

double standards all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betsy here is what you said, verbatim:

those are your words, to which I replied.

bascially, so what is yor point, they are well within there rights in a democratic country Canada, to do those things.

Christians do them all the time.

And here's my point, which was stated above.

The calling for protest-boycott by Christians cannot be compared to that of the Muslim's call for it - in this current, present situation the world is facing, I must add.

Boycott being called by the Muslim Community takes on a whole new meaning when preceded or coincided by real examples of violence and deaths, of rampaging mobs around the world vowing carnage for every "insults", all being perpetrated by Muslims!

This is like saying a mob guy is negotiating with you, kindly saying, "I'm making you an offer you can't refuse", and all the while behind this mob guy you see his henchmen twisting the arm off your son. That's not "negotiation!" :lol:

which also translates into a loss of revenue affecting all these groups, and can also be considered a form of intimidation, such as in the case of Ford extending gay rights benefits to their employee's , in essence to "bully" Ford into changing benefit to an employee of the company.

double standards all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These boycotts do not have the added MUSCLE of carnage and violence and deaths!

When the Muslim Community issued the boycott over these cartoons, people were getting hurt and getting killed all over the world over this same issue!

Christian boycotted over a lot of issue, mostly films insulting our God, BUT they did not COINCIDE with the kind of violence (shown towards the cartoons)!

Edited by betsy

"betsy'

actually the call to boycott, by Muslims can EXACTLY be compared to the call boycott by christians.

with the intent being the same, to protest, and bring about change, at a financial cost to the target.

I am certain, you will not acknowledge that as usual.

except Betsy, in CANADA, there were ZERO riots, and that is what we have been talking about, as lead by you wrt western standard boycotts.

Christian boycotted over a lot of issue, mostly films insulting our God, BUT they did not COINCIDE with the kind of violence (shown towards the cartoons)!

1. you do realize the Muslims boycotted because they too, felt there God , had been insulted, right?

2.actually Christians have boycotted over books, movies , gay benefits, abortions rights, beatles music , dixie chicks, KISS (Kids in Satan's service) and more.

They have also demonstrated a propensity towards violence, themselves.

As for the deaths at the riots inc. 2 in Pakistan, been to a soccer game in Britian, smaller riots, and still deaths. How about that Who concert, stampede and how many kids died! How about Altamont speedway?

The deaths can be attributed to what always happen's when a bunch of people get together hyped up on emotion, drugs, booze , whatever, someone get's hurt.

This has happened at sporting events , and concerts, and other forms of protests, anti-war, anti-globalization, 'cept there, that is usually cops bashing heads , after INCITING protestors.

You are grasping at straws, you are demonstrating that Muslims, like Christians, will protest , though it doesn't appear, they have so many "bones to pick" as Christians, to my knowledge anyway.

But then I live in Canada.

Also that they are equally as inclined to stupidity as the rest of the human family.

You are grasping at straws, you are demonstrating that Muslims, like Christians, will protest , though it doesn't appear, they have so many "bones to pick" as Christians, to my knowledge anyway.

Also that they are equally as inclined to stupidity as the rest of the human family.

The only straws she's grasping at are the ones hanging off your strawman. She is saying quite clearly that when Christians boycott something, it means they don't buy it. When Muslims boycott something, it means they burn it down and slice the heads of the owners off. And then burn a few cars and set off a few bombs for good measure.

aaww there goes ScottSA again. Where would we be without his broad and general statements.

Ultra Orthodox Jews planting bombs @ gay pride marches, by your logic, would mean that all Jews are the problem and we should be worried about anything they do. But those are jews (who you dont hate) and not Muslims (who you do). If Muslism had been the jerks you wouldnt shut up about it. Because your racist.

aaww there goes ScottSA again. Where would we be without his broad and general statements.

Ultra Orthodox Jews planting bombs @ gay pride marches, by your logic, would mean that all Jews are the problem and we should be worried about anything they do. But those are jews (who you dont hate) and not Muslims (who you do). If Muslism had been the jerks you wouldnt shut up about it. Because your racist.

Read the title of the topic....and follow the flow of discussion! Dragging Christians into the discussion is quite a lame attempt at deflecting from the real issue - especially coming from Buffy and Kuzadd.

But now, what's Jews got to do with this?

This has happened at sporting events , and concerts, and other forms of protests, anti-war, anti-globalization, 'cept there, that is usually cops bashing heads , after INCITING protestors.

You are the one grasping at straws! You and Buffy seem to have this same problem with inability to differentiate.

Buffy couldn't differentiate between war and non-war incidents;

and now you couldn't see the difference between riots that erupt in concerts or sports from ORGANIZED AND WELL-ORCHESTRATED VIOLENT STREET RIOTS AIMED TO INTIMIDATE THE WORLD. These violent cartoon riots practically happened simultaneously all over the world!

A lot of anti-war or anti-globalization protests did not and do not end in violence! Whereas practically most riots done by the Muslim radicals and fanatics almost, always did end up in violence!

And these violent Muslim protests happened all over the world - France, Pakistan, Middle East, Africa etc..,

BTW Kuzadd, some radicals have also tried to INTIMIDATE a Muslim group in Canada , using threats of death and violence (what else?). This was mentioned in the news, however it's quite surprising that it did not receive the publicity it should have....especially when some of the threats were aimed at Muslim women.

I wondered why the media seem so reluctant to expose this. It went by with hardly any ripple.

It seems anything that has to do with Muslim radicals or fanatics....the media is quite reluctant to touch it.

They go out of their way veering away from it - which is odd, since when does the media steer away from something news-worthy?

Edited by betsy

Here's another example of Muslim murder commited to shut down opposing opinions. Quite recently too:

Muslims Silence Critics

By Robert Spencer

FrontPageMagazine.com | 8/6/2007

After a police raid Friday at Your Black Muslim Bakery in Oakland, bakery employee Devaughndre Broussard admitted to murdering Chauncey Bailey, the editor of the Oakland Post. Bailey was writing a series of investigative articles about the Bakery – and that’s why, according to police, Broussard killed him.

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read...AA-19F3CF14C516

What nonsense is this? We don't bomb their cities flat. If you are so unable to view world events as this, the rest of your post now makes sense. We go to great lengths to avoid civilian casualities and infastructure.

Talk about nonsense. Iraq's infrastructure was utterly decimated by the "shock and awe" bombings. Or do you have an alternative explanation why Bagdad and the other main cities have gone without water and power for so long? Wait, don't tell me. Saddam switched off the lights and taps before going down the spider hole, right? Same goes for the first Gulf War. Thousands of Iraqui children died of rampant cholera epidemics following that war (in which a record amount of TNT was dumped on them) because they had no clean drinking water and pitifully limited medical treatment for years afterwards. It had been been bombed out of existence. That qualifies as "going to great lengths" to avoid destroying infrastructure and preserve civilian life to you, was it? Do go on.

The incarceration bit was only a one time only thing and done with idiots who want to blow up citizens to get their 72 virgins. Them or us. The prisoner abuse was illegal and those responsible were sentenced.

I see. So the prisoners in GITMO and all the other freely admitted secret prisons around the world have all been either freed or have had valid charges laid and convictions reached in fair, legally recognized trials? Must have missed that news. Thanks for taking a load off my mind on that one.

A few low level grunts were charged and convicted of the prisoner abuse. Those *responsible* (ie. those who ordered the abuse and then attempted unsuccessfully to cover it up) are still free and unmolested. Your historical revisionism is so ridiculous it would be laughable if it were not so contemptable.

How about The Sum Of All Fears? Or the latest Bourne movie. Both were based on books that originally had Muslim terrorists as bad guys. Hollywood doesn't fear them so much as love and respect the terrorists.

Ridiculous conspiracy theories. The only arguably Islamic character in Robert Ludlum's 1990 novel "The Bourne Ultimatum" was Carlos the Jackal, who has been serving a life sentence in a French prison since 1997. Don't you think it would be a bit boring to have the main Bad Guy in a contemporary action film languishing in a prison cell?

And did you not see the rage the Muslim world went into when the cartoons were exposed?

They held demonstrations, yes. I did see that. Big deal. There were massive demonstrations around the world against invading Iraq too. That sure held a lot of weight in the long run, didn't it? Whether you like it or not, demonstration is part of free expression. The Danish newspaper deliberately provoked muslims and, what a surprise, they allowed themselves to be provoked; something Christians never would have done in a similar situation. If somebody had drawn a cartoon of Jesus dropping bunker-busters on children, the Christian right in America would have just chuckled and moved on to the sports page, right?

If the Christian right had power there would be no abortions, or acceptance of the gay lifestyle. Stores would be closed on Sundays and churches would be full.

I guess you missed Bush's stacking of the SCOTUS and other courts with "pro-life" judges. Guess you missed the activities in the Republican controlled Congress over the past few years regarding a womans right to choose. Well maybe you'd better start watching. There are going to be some changes coming and no mistake.

Ditto with Israel. You obviously don't know it, but there are a few on this board who rant against Israel over and over and over again and again. They haven't been silenced, and abuse those who differ with them. Perhaps the West is more reasonable than you seem to think.

People rant against Israel because that nation abuses people regularly. They have been the number one recipient of US military aid in the region for decades, despite the fact they engage in torture and other human rights abuses -- something that's supposed to be illegal under US law. Check out their human rights record sometime.

I recall reading that scripts of "Little Mosque On The Prairie" were vetted through Muslim advisors to identify anything that might cause controversy. It sounds as though even the CBC and LMOTP's Muslim writer/creator were afraid of offending Muslims.

-k

Edited by kimmy

I recall reading that scripts of "Little Mosque On The Prairie" were vetted through Muslim advisors to identify anything that might cause controversy. It sounds as though even the CBC and LMOTP's Muslim writer/creator were afraid of offending Muslims.

-k

I think people are also afraid of offending Christians and Jews. Perhaps they're not afraid of impending violence... but certainly, religion has the privilege of making people walk on eggshells. Too bad people aren't equally afraid of offending agnostics/atheists.

Hmmm... I wonder what it would be like if they were....

I think people are also afraid of offending Christians and Jews. Perhaps they're not afraid of impending violence... but certainly, religion has the privilege of making people walk on eggshells. Too bad people aren't equally afraid of offending agnostics/atheists.

Hmmm... I wonder what it would be like if they were....

What utter nonsense. What willfull blindness.

There are laws in Europe where you're not allowed to deny the holocaust. Tell me people aren't afraid of offending Jews. Christopher Hitchens book, God is Not Great, had to have the cover changed to be published in the United States, so as not to offend Christians.

People are afraid of offending the religious everywhere. Like I said, chances are they're not going to go on a murdering spree, but then again when the President of Iran offended Jews by denying the holocaust he was threatened with war and when abortion doctors offended Christians with their practices in the south, they were murdered.

But you're right Scott, they don't riot, burn things down and behead people. Christians and Jews are much mor sophisticated than that, they just get their governments to wage war.

They held demonstrations, yes. I did see that. Big deal. There were massive demonstrations around the world against invading Iraq too. That sure held a lot of weight in the long run, didn't it? Whether you like it or not, demonstration is part of free expression.

CLRV, you are aware that buildings were burned and people were killed as part of these demonstrations, right? Do you consider arson and murder to be part of free expression?

I think people are also afraid of offending Christians

Why do you say that? Can you cite some incidents?

Actually, Christianity is the most freely maligned religion around. Sure there are outcries from Christians, but those protests surely do not prevent anyone from stopping...in fact, movie-makers and book publishers like it so much when there are outcries since sensationalism makes good publicity.

Edited by betsy

• 2 weeks later...