Carpet Bombing Gaza!

For those of you here who don't seem to think that Israel has her own homegrown extremists:

Eliyahu advocates carpet bombing Gaza

All civilians living in Gaza are collectively guilty for Kassam attacks on Sderot, former Sephardi chief rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu has written in a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

Eliyahu ruled that there was absolutely no moral prohibition against the indiscriminate killing of civilians during a potential massive military offensive on Gaza aimed at stopping the rocket launchings.

Click on link for full text.

I guess this dude extends the same morality to the Palestinians who fight back against the illegal occupation? No? Oh okay.

so you see, there are nuts on all sides here.

Got to admit though, it might work...personally I think since Gaza is really Egyptian territory, the iraelis should demand the Egyptians carpet bomb them....

On the otherhand, barring evidence that the citizens and govt of Gaza has done something to stop the terrorists from luanching their rockets, he's right.

Got to admit though, it might work...personally I think since Gaza is really Egyptian territory, the iraelis should demand the Egyptians carpet bomb them....

On the otherhand, barring evidence that the citizens and govt of Gaza has done something to stop the terrorists from luanching their rockets, he's right.

Well then, unless you are a total hypocrit I guess it would be fine in your world for the Palestinians to carpet bomb Israel (if they could - as you know they HAVE no military) and these kassams are pretty much a nuisance when compared with the artillery availble to the IDF.

BTW - what government? Half of the unity representatives from the Hamas party have been kidnapped by Israel, there is factional fighting going on not only between the main groups of Hamas and Fatah, but also loosely associated extremists whose loyalty to either 'side' is questionable at best. Not to mention that the civilian population has been literally starving for over a year - and you expect WHAT exactly?

Both leaderships have made this mess - Israel and PA. Sadly citizens of both groups pay the ultimate price - loss of innocent life and truth be told the deathtoll of Palestinains far far exceeds that of Israelis.

Looking back, it would have been better to have recognized Hamas as the elected government and worked with them to impliment the Saudi peace initiative, instead of starving a whole people into chaos and anarchy.

My tiny violin is playing for you.....

Perhaps if you filled you posts wuth facts instead of hyperbole, I would be able to start......

BTW - what government? Half of the unity representatives from the Hamas party have been kidnapped by Israel, there is factional fighting going on not only between the main groups of Hamas and Fatah, but also loosely associated extremists whose loyalty to either 'side' is questionable at best. Not to mention that the civilian population has been literally starving for over a year - and you expect WHAT exactly?

I take it you want to stand by this? 1/2 the hamas party has been kidnapped? the population has been starving?

kassams are pretty much a nuisance .

That have killed over a dozen civilians. IDF artillery is targetted, the terrorists rockets are unaimed......

the deathtoll of Palestinains far far exceeds that of Israelis.

So? You would prefer more dead israelis? How is this germaine? Israel targets fighters with targettable weapons, terrorists fire widely, indiscriminately.....what do you expect?

Well then, unless you are a total hypocrit I guess it would be fine in your world for the Palestinians to carpet bomb Israel (if they could - as you know they HAVE no military)

Carpet bombing is beyond their capability, but they've been indescriminately firing explosive rockets at civilian populations.

They have no military, but they've got plenty of guys with guns and rockets.

and these kassams are pretty much a nuisance when compared with the artillery availble to the IDF.

Catchme says that the Qassams are actually benign.

They might not be big, or powerful, or accurate, but the law of averages suggests that if you keep firing them, sooner or later you'll hurt and kill people. And they have. You and Catchme can excuse it however you like, but it's a concerted effort by an organization to target a civilian population (the town of Sderot) with deadly weapons.

-k

Guest chilipeppers
Well then, unless you are a total hypocrit I guess it would be fine in your world for the Palestinians to carpet bomb Israel (if they could - as you know they HAVE no military)

Carpet bombing is beyond their capability, but they've been indescriminately firing explosive rockets at civilian populations.

They have no military, but they've got plenty of guys with guns and rockets.

and these kassams are pretty much a nuisance when compared with the artillery availble to the IDF.

Catchme says that the Qassams are actually benign.

They might not be big, or powerful, or accurate, but the law of averages suggests that if you keep firing them, sooner or later you'll hurt and kill people. And they have. You and Catchme can excuse it however you like, but it's a concerted effort by an organization to target a civilian population (the town of Sderot) with deadly weapons.

-k

Well said Kimmie !!!

Kassams are benign hmmm guess Hamas lobs them into Israel just for fun and games

Carpet bomb Gaza? What a vicious genocidal idea!

Why aren't we hearing rightwingers and Israel supporters speaking out against this kind of terrorist thinking? After all, they constantly demand to hear moderate Muslims condemning Palestinian actions.

(Or is it possible they harbor a double standard? :o Shurely not!)

Guest chilipeppers

Sounds a tad radical, but he's taking a page out of the Hamas text book which considers all Israelis legitimate targets.

All civilians living in Gaza are collectively guilty for Kassam attacks on Sderot, former Sephardi chief rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu has written in a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

What's the saying, never judge a person(s) until you've walked a mile in their shoes...

It is amazing to me, as Canadians, who live in a peaceful corner of the globe, that borders a country friendly to us, not trying to wipe us out, that we criticise others.....

Imagine,

Its Canada, 2015, Quebec has separated. They are mad at Canada becasue they want more money, they want Timmins, they want Alberta oil revenues. They have no real army, but a third country, lets say Iran supplies them with Katusha rockets which they fire daily into Ottawa, Pembroke and North Bay. They send people across the border to raid small towns, kill and kidnap people from Renfrew, Lancaster and Cornwall. How long would we put up with it, how long before the Canadian people demanded the gov't do something??? How long before a few of the boys in New Brunswick got out their hunting rifles and paid them a visit?? Don't think it would be too long.

No, when Katusha rockets have killed your child, or loved one, you won't care much about the collateral damage we do in Quebec......

What's the saying, never judge a person(s) until you've walked a mile in their shoes...

It is amazing to me, as Canadians, who live in a peaceful corner of the globe, that borders a country friendly to us, not trying to wipe us out, that we criticise others.....

Imagine,

Its Canada, 2015, Quebec has separated. They are mad at Canada becasue they want more money, they want Timmins, they want Alberta oil revenues. They have no real army, but a third country, lets say Iran supplies them with Katusha rockets which they fire daily into Ottawa, Pembroke and North Bay. They send people across the border to raid small towns, kill and kidnap people from Renfrew, Lancaster and Cornwall. How long would we put up with it, how long before the Canadian people demanded the gov't do something??? How long before a few of the boys in New Brunswick got out their hunting rifles and paid them a visit?? Don't think it would be too long.

No, when Katusha rockets have killed your child, or loved one, you won't care much about the collateral damage we do in Quebec......

Good analogy.

What is sad is how some people need to distort history in order to justify Arab war crimes and terrorism against Israel and Israelis.

You know why there is little outrage of this fellows extreme statements?

Because he's a retired rabbi and doesn't form policy or legislate actions.

He's just a man with an opinion, quite unlike the clerics of their enemies....

Weaponeer and Scriblett:

The analogy is false.

Canada is not illegally occupying Quebec through the use of military force.

Canada does not impose 'English only' settlements within Quebec connected by 'English' only roads, manned of course at numerous checkpoints by 'English Defense Forces' (EDF).

Canada does has not arrested and detained close to 700,000 Quebeckers for daring to fight off the EDF, including children.

Canada does not make flyovers nightly over populated areas creating sonic booms in Quebec.

Canada has not built a wall securing the diminishing English neighbourhoods within the boundaries of Quebec, nor has Canada restricted travel between say Montreal and the Pontiac.

Canada allows Quebec to fish and move freely about in waters off the Quebec borders!

Need I go on?

Your analogy is flawed.

Weaponeer and Scriblett:

The analogy is false.

Canada does has not arrested and detained close to 700,000 Quebeckers for daring to fight off the EDF, including children.

Need I go on?

Your analogy is flawed.

I think Buffy hasn't had much CDN history.....ignoring the hundreds of Quebers who were arrested without habea corpus.....the war measures act......armed soldiers patrolling my street.....

Forgetting that NATO routinely flys over innu hunting grounds.......

Good times!