Stephané Dion eats a hot dog with a fork and knife.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy that eats a hot dog with utensils should be kept away from the reins of power. Anyone this far removed from the average Joe Canadian will decree from on high to us little people.

Well, I am convinced. I have had it with the Liberals. I can't believe I actually considered voting for them, but there is NO WAY I am voting for them now. Seriously, eating a hot dog with a fork and knife!? That's about the lowest thing anyone could possibly do. Raise my taxes, support the war in Iraq, I don't give a damn, but for the love of God, DO NOT EAT A HOT DOG WITH A KNIFE AND FORK.

:rolleyes:

WOW! Using a fork and knife is wimpy but wearing a cowboy hat backwards is macho.

Well at least Dion will eat a hot dog. I wouldn't touch one of those with a ten foot pole, never mind a fork and knife. Ya just never know what they throw into those things. Why it was just a few years ago that they stopped putting lungs in hot dogs. Wonder what they do with the sex organs...........

Wonder what they do with the sex organs...........

They are called prairie oysters. You are from Alberta, aren't you?

Not those oysters.........

They are only a very small part. Visit a slaughter plant and witness what is not thrown out.

Enjoy your hot dog.

Not those oysters.........

They are only a very small part. Visit a slaughter plant and witness what is not thrown out.

Enjoy your hot dog.

First day of English 10 our teacher showed us this big chart showing the percentage of whatever in a hot dog.

Disturbing on so many levels. Foremost having a teacher who would show that on the first day of class. :lol:

I wouldn't eat a hot dog at all... that's just disgusting. Maybe if you wanted to get cancer? Nitrates, MSG... yummy hey. And scraps from all the crap no one would pay for.

I get enough MSG from my occassional endulgance in Chinese food (though I found a great no-MSG place that actually tastes good).

I wouldn't eat a hot dog at all... that's just disgusting. Maybe if you wanted to get cancer? Nitrates, MSG... yummy hey. And scraps from all the crap no one would pay for.

I get enough MSG from my occassional endulgance in Chinese food (though I found a great no-MSG place that actually tastes good).

Maybe that's a reason you could vote Liberal.

Dion is far too bourgeoise to eat hot dogs except for photo ops. Hence his awkwardness.

At least you know with Conservatives they eat like common folk, even though they might put on airs.

Kinda like when Mulroney was PM. Sent my buddy on errand to get him and Mila two quarter chicken dinners from Swiss Chalet ... but they had the room service send up china. :lol:

I wonder if Dion eats his St. Hubert with a fork and knife? Hmmmm...

As an ex-Montrealer born in the city known for steamies, and known for its unique square hot dog buns and may I say hot dogs that made the Montreal Forum what it was and assisted in many Stanley Cup wins by keeping its fans well nourished....I find it impossible to believe a Quebecer would eat a hot dog with a fork and knife. Clearly it was someone posing as Stephane Dion-probably an alien that had taken over his body.

Next to its bagels and smoked meat, and the Habs, steamies are a sacred symbol of everything Montreal. This is an attack on its culture, its essence. I am paralyzed with disbelief.

And please. Even with soggy putines, you do not use a fork. It is just not done.

The guy doesn't even have the political sense to realize how odd it is to eat a hot dog with a fork and knife but he wants to appeal to the Tim Horton's crowd. Link
“If this gets out, it could mean the end of the Liberal Party of Canada,” warned a local politico, requesting anonymity.

And what, pray tell, has the Grits so up in arms? It seems that when Stéphane Dion touched down in Winnipeg last month, he and his entourage popped by North End mega-icon Kelekis for lunch. There, Dion shocked locals and his handlers by eating Kelekis’s world-famous hot dog with — gasp! — a knife and fork.

No wonder the Liberals can't make any gains in the polls.

a 'riveting' topic, that nonetheless, grew into multiple pages??

who would have ever thought?

The guy doesn't even have the political sense to realize how odd it is to eat a hot dog with a fork and knife but he wants to appeal to the Tim Horton's crowd. Link

“If this gets out, it could mean the end of the Liberal Party of Canada,” warned a local politico, requesting anonymity.

And what, pray tell, has the Grits so up in arms? It seems that when Stéphane Dion touched down in Winnipeg last month, he and his entourage popped by North End mega-icon Kelekis for lunch. There, Dion shocked locals and his handlers by eating Kelekis’s world-famous hot dog with — gasp! — a knife and fork.

No wonder the Liberals can't make any gains in the polls.

a 'riveting' topic, that nonetheless, grew into multiple pages??

who would have ever thought?

The length of the thread, due in part, to numerous posters making witty comments on the validity of the topic.

We sold them to chinese restaurants. Hog ovaries were very popular to sell

Enjoy your hot dog.

Nothing is thrown out. Blood cooked and sold for fertilizer , intestines sold for casings , fat rendered and sold to make up com's.

There is usually nothing in a hot dog that you would not normally eat. Those roasts you buy all bundled and trimmed weren't harvested that way. Trimmings go into hot dogs.Some snout meat may not be to your liking but all is good in them.

Just high fat, thats all.

We sold them to chinese restaurants. Hog ovaries were very popular to sell

Enjoy your hot dog.

Nothing is thrown out. Blood cooked and sold for fertilizer , intestines sold for casings , fat rendered and sold to make up com's.

There is usually nothing in a hot dog that you would not normally eat. Those roasts you buy all bundled and trimmed weren't harvested that way. Trimmings go into hot dogs.Some snout meat may not be to your liking but all is good in them.

Just high fat, thats all.

Most people out west I know don't eat hotdogs because we make them as an export item to the east! LOL

But seriously, intestines, and other high hazard items are not sold for use as casings. They now use an artificial casing that breaks down in the stomach. The Intestines are sold with other un-useable parts liket he head and hooves to rendering plants where they are instead used to feed other cattle and make dog/cat food. Rendering plants also use road kill and pre-kill cattle. In other words they use whatever they can to fill their quotas for rendering. Women here may be happy to know that lip sticks and perfumes are made from rendering plant products. I bet you look sexy with puppy dog lips don't ya! LOL

As for Dion using a fork. Who cares. Just as long as he isn't PM I could careless what he does. I will say it only shows how little he's actually hung out with the "common" people of this country. Throw in his semi-English speaking ability that the "Flying Circus" could use in their comedy acts and you have someone who really doesn't speak for me.

Fat Freddie

Republic of Western Canada.

And Michael Bluth tops the list with three times as many posts as anyone else...

Where are the cries from sharkman that Michael Bluth is monopolizing this thread?

Michael Bluth has fewer posts than I do. What the f*** are you talking about?

I am talking about in this thread. In the future, it's a good idea to read the context of other peoples' posts before you post...especially when you use profanity, which, by the way, is not recommended .

Getting your panties in a knot over profanity is a sign of a pedestrian mentality.

As an ex east end montrealer....I had never ever heard of Poutine till I had been in Toronto for a few years....And I always eat fries with a fork.

Do an experiment. I swear to you that when you eat any kind of french fry gravy or no gravy with a fork as opposed to your fingers, it tastes different. I think the dirty from your hands is that extra flavour missing when you use your fork.

As an ex east end montrealer....I had never ever heard of Poutine till I had been in Toronto for a few years....And I always eat fries with a fork.

Do an experiment. I swear to you that when you eat any kind of french fry gravy or no gravy with a fork as opposed to your fingers, it tastes different. I think the dirty from your hands is that extra flavour missing when you use your fork.

I wash before eat

I am talking about in this thread. In the future, it's a good idea to read the context of other peoples' posts before you post...especially when you use profanity, which, by the way, is not recommended .

Sorry I offended you. I was pointing out an obvious error in your post, using normal conversational language, not attacking you.