CIA official site

This is very interesting, check where the US and her allies in the Iraq war are and where Canada is.

http://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...order/2187.html

Well isn't that interesting. I can pull this up directly on my email from the American who sent it to me but when I print the full address in here it is edited.

The part missing is /the-world-order now I wonder who edits that out.

So why does it go directly to the site of the Rank Order - Current Balance for me on one search and refuse to put it in here. Odd this is.

Well here is what I was directing you to

# 1 China $179,100,000,000

#2 Japan $174,400,000,000

# 16 Canada $20,560,000,000

# 163 United States $-862,300,000,000

And Australia, United Kingdom, France and Italy are down there too. The only one not involved in the Iraq was was France.

the-world-order

No big deal...maybe a defensive effort against hacking, defacing, or directory traversal.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...book/index.html

So why would the address work fine on my private email and not on this site?

Probably because you are copying it incorrectly

Whatever, but in that list that I put on it shows The top Rank Order - Current Account Balance as China at $179,100,000,000. Down at number 16 is Canada at $20,560,000,000 and at the very bottom at number 163 The US at $-862,300,000,000.

This is from the CIA World Factbook so what does this mean?

Nope it is right but it was changed on here, where the dots are it took out the-world-factbook, So why would this site do this?

When dealing with long URLs, some email/forum software will truncate the link and leave some dots. This can save on screwed up texting formatting on the page. The link is corect, but when you cut and paste it, you are pasting the truncated link, leaving out some of the information.

All you need to do next time is open the link, copy the URL link in the browser to your post. Problem solved. I know it is odd, but hey, we are talking about the CIA.

I got a bit sidetracked by the inability of posting the whole address, however no one has explained to me what it means.

When is says that The Rank Order - Current account balance says for Canada $20,560,000,000 and for the US $-863,300,000,000, what exactly does that mean? Or does no one on here know what it means?

When is says that The Rank Order - Current account balance says for Canada $20,560,000,000 and for the US $-863,300,000,000, what exactly does that mean? Or does no one on here know what it means?

Yea, we know what it means. It means the difference between savings and investment. A negative balance means more foreign investment in the country. The US has the largest economy in the world, lots of foreign investment, and very poor savings habits publicly and privately!

Basically, margrace, the account balance is how much paper the US sends to other people to get stuff. Personally, I like stuff more than paper. But hey, some people disagree.

Canada sends oil to the US and China and we get paper, to buy stuff from them. Somehow, we end up about even, the oil gets us into the positives surely.

They Americans buy more than they sell (tied loosely to national debt, but not always).

The issue is so vastly complex and controversial that nothing can really be said. Bottom line, I'd rather live in the US than in China or Saudi Arabia. Current account balance does not at all tie to standard of living.

Per capita, it's also not that bad. The US is the world's largest economy, of course they are going to be to an extreme.

You'll notice that:

Your accounts list: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2187rank.html

And this list: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2176rank.html

are closely linked. Coincidence? I think not.

Basically, margrace, the account balance is how much paper the US sends to other people to get stuff. Personally, I like stuff more than paper. But hey, some people disagree.

Canada sends oil to the US and China and we get paper, to buy stuff from them. Somehow, we end up about even, the oil gets us into the positives surely.

They Americans buy more than they sell (tied loosely to national debt, but not always).

The issue is so vastly complex and controversial that nothing can really be said. Bottom line, I'd rather live in the US than in China or Saudi Arabia. Current account balance does not at all tie to standard of living.

Per capita, it's also not that bad. The US is the world's largest economy, of course they are going to be to an extreme.

You'll notice that:

Your accounts list: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2187rank.html

And this list: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2176rank.html

are closely linked. Coincidence? I think not.

You'd rather live in USA than Saudi Arabia? Are you serious?

If I had enough work experience and was working in a profitable sector I would move to OAE / Saudi in a heartbeat. They treat professional Westerner workers extremely well and in addition, certain Islamic laws and traditions are not applied to Westerners.

For example Westerner females don't have to wear any headwear if they choose not to, they can wear bikinis to the beaches and so on. They wont get into any trouble at home or work for it.

Also if you are working in a highly profitable area such as oil industry, you will basically have many of your expenses covered by the Saudi government. You can work and rack up major $$$ and you will have a lot less stress than you might in a similar workplace in USA.

The only bad thing is that most of the contract based jobs over there eventually end and you have to go back :x

Oh lord.

Okay, if anyone really wants to know what the current account balace is, I suggest you not rely on any of these comments so far. You could, of course, Google the term.

Anyway, briefly put, the current account balance compares the value of total imports into a country with the value of total exports out in a given period. The net of the two is the current account balance. So, if you have a current account

balance of -$10,000,000 for 1999, that means you imported 10M more value than you exported.

Oh lord.

Okay, if anyone really wants to know what the current account balace is, I suggest you not rely on any of these comments so far. You could, of course, Google the term.

Anyway, briefly put, the current account balance compares the value of total imports into a country with the value of total exports out in a given period. The net of the two is the current account balance. So, if you have a current account

balance of -$10,000,000 for 1999, that means you imported 10M more value than you exported.

Oh Lord indeed....and mistaken. Should have quit while ahead.....Google!

http://www.fxwords.com/c/current-account-b...ted-states.html

Oh lord.

Oh Lord indeed....and mistaken. Should have quit while ahead.....Google!

http://www.fxwords.com/c/current-account-b...ted-states.html

Mistaken?