The toilet paper police

B. Max

Talk about a dumb blonde.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

Actually that is good advice. Pretty hard to follow mind you.

Used to do it at the cottage all the time. System could not take too much paper.Bet Lance never said that to about her.

Imagine all the people...in show business sticking to show business instead of branching out into worlds they know less than nothing about. Especially when dealing with an issue like this one, in which they "environmental footprint" around like mad elephants flying from venue to venue and cruising about in limosines and living lifestyles thousands of times more environmentally destructive than anyone else. :lol:

Part of celebrity is having access to a soapbox, nothing wrong with that, celebs do an excellent job raising awareness for all sorts of issues, eg, Jerry Lewis.

The only problem is their sincerity is fake, they are actors and actresses always on an ego trip, mainly to preserve their self image.

They can turn on the crocodile tears at the push of a button.

Personally, I always stay clear of that bunch.

If you want to buy into that phony baloney, by all means go ahead.

Imagine all the people...in show business sticking to show business instead of branching out into worlds they know less than nothing about.

Is that advice strictly for the left-leaning or should folk like Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ted Nugent have also stuck strictly to show business?

Imagine all the people...in show business sticking to show business instead of branching out into worlds they know less than nothing about.

Is that advice strictly for the left-leaning or should folk like Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ted Nugent have also stuck strictly to show business?

I don't know about Ted...he seems to be an entertainer even when expounding his views. Ronnie and Arnie changed jobs. What's wrong with that? If Cheryl wants to give up singing and become head tp enforcer, I have no problem with that either. It's when they stay entertainers and use that fame to promote something they know nothing about that I object...or rather I scoff.

And on this particular topic, it's ridiculous. I mean really...does Cheryl live in a green household? Does she use less water or less fuel than other people? Maybe, but if there's a quiz I'll guess 'not'. Is it really worth the tonnes of jetfuel belched into the atmosphere to have her drifting about the planet like the tooth fairy dispensing bits of wisdom like "one square of toilet paper per wipe"? Why doesn't she adopt a recycleable corncob instead? And Gore is trouncing around the planet leaving sasquatch enviro-"footprints" in his bloated fat wake; I'm sure the planet would breath a sigh of relief if he evaporated tomorrow. Don't these morons see the irony?

It's when they stay entertainers and use that fame to promote something they know nothing about that I object...or rather I scoff.

How do you know they know nothing about the topic? I suggest to you that the following list of celebrities don't necessarily know everything about the firearms they promote.

link:

In your link, they don't appear to be promoting firearms, but anti firearm efforts. Am I missing something?

As for Sheryl, she can have my 6 squares of tp when she pries it from my cold, dead hands! (With apologies to Heston)

From ScottSA: "It's when they stay entertainers and use that fame to promote something they know nothing about that I object...or rather I scoff. "

So why pick on the celebrities? Most of them have other causes they promote. Why do you assume they can't work as entertainers and have other passions? Tom Selleck, Ted Nugent, Charlton Heston and Erik Estrada actively promote firearms in addition to their regular work (Heston maybe an exception). But at the same time I disagree with an entertainer taking x amount of time to pedal their latest cause in the middle of a concert, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Now this one is really crappy

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2007/cyb20070511.asp#4

ABC's GMA Touts Environmentalist Who Boycotts Toilet Paper

On Thursday's Good Morning America, the ABC program touted a liberal New Yorker who is so concerned about the environment that he refuses to use toilet paper......

|

No word on whether Sawyer will be opting to forgo toilet paper.

Bidet's waste water a valuable resource. So what everyone should do is capture rain water see and put it in a bucket. Then simply stick their butt in the rain bucket then when they are done, take the water outside and use it in the garden see. Oh shut up. Man things are complicated these days. Reminds me of the terrible debate over disposable or non disposable diapers. Personally if I was the big guy who designed humans, I wouldn't have created us to make poo. It makes no sense unless you want to be a politician.

Bidet's waste water a valuable resource. So what everyone should do is capture rain water see and put it in a bucket. Then simply stick their butt in the rain bucket then when they are done, take the water outside and use it in the garden see. Oh shut up. Man things are complicated these days. Reminds me of the terrible debate over disposable or non disposable diapers. Personally if I was the big guy who designed humans, I wouldn't have created us to make poo. It makes no sense unless you want to be a politician.

Fine, use 3 squares and use the light wash mode on the bidet... problem solved.