Radical Islam is Wrecking the World - Or, Why Can't Anyone Tell th

jbg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't want his grandkids worshipping cows or painting bulletholes on their foreheads. Got a problem with that? Discrimination is quite normal...why the west is so obsessed with pretending otherwise is quite beyond me. Every Asian and African country makes no bones about discrimination...The Han Chinese are probably almost as bad as the Japanese, but not quite as bad as the Hutu.

I think what he means is that he doesn't teach his kids to throw rocks at Hindus, but he doesn't want one in the family because Judaism has a negative growth rate and they don't let cows wander through synagogues. I want my daughter to marry a Scotsman because blonde has been a factor among the girls in my family since photography was invented, and it's damned hard to produce a blonde from the squirtings of a Rastafarian.

Funny how you demand respect for some religions but not others. You're angry at me for calling belief in scriptures and religious teachings as superstitious, yet you go on to be completely insulting to Hindu people.

I don't demand respect of some religions. I simply call down the sophomorically dismissive arguments that I've heard from atheists here. I also think Christianity holds the moral high ground in a face off with Islam, because its present day adherents don't blow themselves and others up all over the world every day of the year. I also call down the double standard of people when they forgive little brown people their idiocy but lambast Christians for their's. I daresy you wouldn't worry too much about "disrespecting Christian people", now would you?

Religions pit people against one another. They are an easy excuse for an enemy -- booga booga bad Islam is out to get us -- booga booga bad Jews are out to get us -- booga booga bad Christians are out to get us.

Umm... right. What single minded naivete. The reasons why humans fight are as varied as the reasons why humans don't fight. Religion figures as reason for both. As does ideology, greed, altruism, slavishness and desire for dominance, meekness, geography, genetic imperatives to breed, to spread, so on so forth. The desire for freedom, the desire to subject, the imbalances between males of breeding age and available females, social structures etc. etc. etc.

And there is, of course, our capacity to reason, that adds that extra spice to our warring that other animals miss. Though in a way ants do war - I once saw an ant carrying a cross, leading a multitude. Yup - it's all religion.

Though in a way ants do war - I once saw an ant carrying a cross, leading a multitude. Yup - it's all religion.
That was Peter the Ant. He led a crusade to the end of the driveway to reconquer the third crack to the left from the devilspawn grasshoppers. Unfortunately the grasshoppers enslaved them and converted them to grasshopperhood.

• 3 weeks later...
Islam has contributed nothing to humanity. Nothing, not even "Arabic" numerals.
Demolition techniques. Ever notice that every Islamic land is a basket case of some kind. Even Turkey doesn't hold a candle to the rest of Europe.