Democrats become outright traitors

'Canadian Blue' date='Apr 21 2007, 06:34 PM' post='210732']

Considering it was the 1800's, I think the standards have changed since we got into the 21st century.

Ok, and the Americans have lowered standards dramatically.

Stabbing soldiers in the back by wanting them to come home where they won't be killed by an IED.

That won't end the war. It will just follow them home and we'll go right back to 911.

The only people who stabbed soldiers in the back were the ones who lied about the WMD's, and continuosly groaned about how easy it would be to turn Iraq into a western style democracy.

No one lied. That is left wing nonsense.

Kind of like those people during the Vietnam War, especially Ron Kovic.

Like Kerry the useful idiot of the commies.

I still can't believe the totalitarian ideology being spewed on here. Somehow if you question a war you are now a traitor.

No if you undermine the war effort you are a traitor.

What a crock! The majority of Americans now oppose the war and Bush.

The majority of Americans (who vote) is what counts. See US presidential election of 2004.

BTW, the majority of Americans also oppose same gender marriage....do you support them too?

B.Max said "anyone" who undermines the war effort. And who is to say these polls were not based on whether you voted or not? And as far as same sex (totally unrelated I might add) most also oppose a constitutional amendment to ban it.

B.Max said "anyone" who undermines the war effort. And who is to say these polls were not based on whether you voted or not? And as far as same sex (totally unrelated I might add) most also oppose a constitutional amendment to ban it.

That's the whole point, regardless of the issue. In the American constitutional republic, policy is not always determined by opinion polls. Item: Canadian General Dallaire whined when American public opinion and leadership would not support a humanitarian mission in Rwanda.

Can't have it both ways.

'bush_cheney2004' date='Apr 21 2007, 09:42 PM' post='210772']

That's the whole point, regardless of the issue. In the American constitutional republic, policy is not always determined by opinion polls. Item: Canadian General Dallaire whined when American public opinion and leadership would not support a humanitarian mission in Rwanda.

Can't have it both ways.

There is a fine line between not supporting something and working to undermine it, by words or actions.

There is a fine line between not supporting something and working to undermine it, by words or actions.

A nuance best left to historians...the practical lesson for peacemongers complaining about American policy in Iraq is that public opinion also said "NO!" to Rwanda.....General Dallaire would have welcomed the same indifference towards public opinion by President Clinton then as President Bush exhibits today. Shucks....where is that American war machine when you need it to kill people for "Human Rights" and the "Responsibility to Protect"?

That won't end the war. It will just follow them home and we'll go right back to 911.

How exactly?

I doubt Iraq is going to attack, and apparently we're not much safer with the American's there.

No one lied. That is left wing nonsense.

So the whole WMD thing was true, except that we never found any there.

Like Kerry the useful idiot of the commies.

He has more military service than you, and as far as I'm concerned you shouldn't bash people who have become physically impaired from a useless war while the patriots safe at home continue to post hate filled drivel.

No if you undermine the war effort you are a traitor.

Thanks for the tip Franco!

Does anybody else feel that these people are a bit on the fascist side.

Does anybody else feel that these people are a bit on the fascist side.

Only if you include prior US administrations, Canada, France, Germany, UK, etc. etc., especially wrt to "WMD in Iraq, not to mention bombing people to enforce "human rights". The fascism label comes and goes depending on the cause. By many measures, the Bush Administration and indeed American representative government fails to meet the defined elements of fascism.

I think anyone who refuses to hold his government responsible for its misdeeds is a traitor. There was a time when Republicans has a conservative distrust in government claims and demanded accountability, a certain return in exchange for government outlays, and concrete steps to accomplish government-funded tasks. Those were the days.

I think anyone who refuses to hold his government responsible for its misdeeds is a traitor. There was a time when Republicans has a conservative distrust in government claims and demanded accountability, a certain return in exchange for government outlays, and concrete steps to accomplish government-funded tasks. Those were the days.

Yea...remember President Ronald Reagan? Sigh...those were the days of maximum accountability and frugal government!

Outright traitors?

I would think that the article does not need ones embellishment verging on hyperbole. I cannot see where Reid helped to overthrow his government, nor seriously injuring the US.

But thats just me.

Seems to me that calling a war lost while it's still being fought is traitorous. And hyperbolic.

seems to me, that calling a war lost, when it is lost, is merely "telling it like it is".

Face the facts, the war in iraq is lost, but then, unless one is delusional, one can't ever believe then intent was for it to be won.( to free the iraqis)

(except to be won, by big oil, brit/us interests, military interests)

Only if you include prior US administrations, Canada, France, Germany, UK, etc. etc., especially wrt to "WMD in Iraq, not to mention bombing people to enforce "human rights". The fascism label comes and goes depending on the cause. By many measures, the Bush Administration and indeed American representative government fails to meet the defined elements of fascism.

I was making reference to the people on here who say that anybody who doesn't agree with them should be charged with treason.