North American Union ?

North American Union  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Real EAU

New European Constitution under review:

No Habeaus Corpus

No Jury Trial

No Double Jeopardy

MP's vote up to 80 times per hour - no one has time to understand legislation.

Government apologists need to really think about what they are apologising for and remember the people that have died in wars past to protect humanity for this kind of tyranny.

The system is rotten to the core. The scale of corruption is unbelievable - its like the USA losing those trillions of dollars ( one trillion is enough for 150 fully equiped Nimitz class nuclear aircraft carriers) and no one noticing.

"Mother should I trust the government" Pink Floyd / The Wall

No Habeaus Corpus

No Jury Trial

No Double Jeopardy

Government apologists need to really think about what they are apologising for and remember the people that have died in wars past to protect humanity for this kind of tyranny.

I am absolutely against this for North America. There are other ways for countries to work together besides joining into a super-state.

If anything, these unions are getting closer to the destruction of states, which is great. The problem is the authority of these unions is too strong and not accomodating to region interests.

Having a North American common economic zone (or one that extends worldwide), and only regional (state/provincial) governments to address any social requirements would be my preferable outcome.

The problem is the authority of these unions is too strong and not accomodating to region interests.

The authority of these unions is not the concern of voters. Voters are out of the loop. We get what they decide to give us and they take from us what they decide to take away. YOU have NO SAY in it.

The future of humanity is with our faces pushed into the mud with a jack boot unless we wake up soon.

I see the same with the Canadian union that we live under right now. Ottawa is not responsive to demands of my province at all, even when the PM is from my riding.

Dang - good point!

One thing that this whole NAU issue has brought up is a need for greater trade flexibility. I am opposed to any union which would inhibit civil liberties and increase government beurocracy. However, instead I think the countries should agree to eliminate tarrifs and trade barriers. High tariffs kicked the economy when it was down during the Great Depression, and prevented us from getting out of it sooner than we did.

prevented us from getting out of it sooner than we did.

Elliminating teriffs effectively takes power away from elected governments and puts it into the hands of corporations, thats why free trade deals are wanted so bad by the corporations and being signed by our "go along to get along" governments.

Free trade benefits almost no one and drives everyones wages down. It lets corporations avoid union problems by setting up elsewhere if the workers demand better pay. Free trade is why we have such huge differences in wealth between the rich and the poor.

NAU & free trade is all about taking power away from elected governments andgiving it to the banks and the corporations. We cannot question our politicians - they are not strong leaders - they are team players that "go along to get along" so they can get elected again through corporate controlled media, weapons makers and banks.

You can see the progress is well under way. Harper needed Emerson to carry on the talks he did under Martin and that's why he crossed, now, the Wheat board is disappearing because the US doesn't have one and they need everything in the 3 countries on a even plain! I fear what Harper would bring into law if he had a majority government!

stopSPP - A good site on SPP.

Alex Jones has Stephen Hiatt on his show today, the editor of "A Game As Old As Empire", link today at the start of the third hour. www.prisonplanet.com - it cycles every 3 hours starting at 12 noon.

He talks about the power of the banks, the WTO, the lack of democratic accountability, the global elite, secret tribunals, and the BIG CONSPIRACY of control.

prevented us from getting out of it sooner than we did.

Elliminating teriffs effectively takes power away from elected governments and puts it into the hands of corporations, thats why free trade deals are wanted so bad by the corporations and being signed by our "go along to get along" governments.

The government shouldn't have power to limit trade like that. In the 1930's, after the enormous boom of the roaring 20's, we were left with a lot of overstock here in North America. In a normal free market scenario, companies would be able to sell their surplus overseas to countries where these things were not so common. However, during this time the US had the Smoot-Hawley Tariff and before that the Fordney-McCumber. In response to these tariffs, countries all around the world increased their own tariffs. Of course, you're less likely to try and sell your product out of country if it costs you an arm and a leg to do it - and there was hardly a market for it in your own country after the initial boom of the '20's. So businesses began to close. People were put out of work, and the economy spiralled down and out.

Autarky is never a good thing. We need to be able to trade all the world round so people can get the things they need.

Free trade benefits almost no one and drives everyones wages down. It lets corporations avoid union problems by setting up elsewhere if the workers demand better pay. Free trade is why we have such huge differences in wealth between the rich and the poor.

I'd rather have that disparity (which isn't a glass wall by any means, there are too many rags to riches stories and vice versa which make it apparent that in a free market you are free to be as rich or as poor as you're willing to make yourself) - I'd rather have that disparity than the extreme poverty which was caused by closed market economics in the 1930's. Real poverty, not the kind of 'poverty' that we have in the United States and Canada where even the poorest people can afford food and water and decent clothing and shelter.

NAU & free trade is all about taking power away from elected governments andgiving it to the banks and the corporations. We cannot question our politicians - they are not strong leaders - they are team players that "go along to get along" so they can get elected again through corporate controlled media, weapons makers and banks.

I too have a lack of faith in politicians. However, I don't think giving them more power will make things any better.

ClearWest:I'd rather have that disparity than the extreme poverty which was caused by closed market economics in the 1930's.

The Great Depression was not caused by closed markets - it was bankers printing off currency like toilet paper causing artificial increases in stock market prices as well as derivative products. Bankers demanded their currency back and everything caved in.

Closed markets protect us from income taxes and prevent corps from exploiting people. Duties & terrifs pay enough to run a country and closed markets make wars unnecesary because corps can't exploit foreign labour markets & control their governments. Closing borders puts power back into the hands of elected officials.

ClearWest:I too have a lack of faith in politicians

But we have the power to elect a better class of people rather than these "go along to get along" corporate whores. If power is in private hands then private armies enforce power - there is nothing you can do when they don't treat you fairly. You can't stand with your fellow citizens because they have guns and the law.

The constitutiuon was created to protect people from politicians and their corporate masters - thats why its being destroyed. There has been a war on the US constitution since the 1880's.

Globalization doesn't lead to free markets - it leads to monopolies that answer to no one.

It leads to powerless public officials which means you have no power to stop it after it gets to a certain point. That point is approaching very quickly.

When people wake up they will have the detention centers waiting for us as shown in mainstream media.

Real EAU

No Habeaus Corpus

No Jury Trial

No Double Jeopardy

The system is rotten to the core. The scale of corruption is unbelievable - its like the USA losing those trillions of dollars ( one trillion is enough for 150 fully equiped Nimitz class nuclear aircraft carriers) and no one noticing.

"Mother should I trust the government" Pink Floyd / The Wall

Over at www.infowars.com there's an article, saying one of the Republican candidate is calling for Bush's impeachment for the war in Iraq and the North American Union which goes against their constitution!!!

No Habeaus Corpus

No Jury Trial

No Double Jeopardy

Polynewbie, I really shouldn't encourage you but I will on this occasion.

On the French language forum where I occasionally post (moreso with the election), the pequistes use the European Union model as an ideal for a future Canadian Confederal State.

[They have also started an interesting thread on Albertan independance that some Albertan journalist should translate, read and then make the subject of a column.]

I'm surprised this topic doesn't get more attention - at least more attention than 911.

With global warming slithering out of its hole, the wars, 911, bird flue,Patriot act, stolen elections,WMD lies, etc - I know I missed one or two - its not hard to imagine people too confused to see the importance of the NAU thing.

Its hard to believe that all these things didn't come up at once to confuse & divide us.

Once they have the NAU in place we have lost and we become corporate property. Too bad the population is so badly dumbed down that they cannot see the danger in this. Surprisingly - many have seen the movie "The Corporation" but still cannot connect the dots.

The Clear and Present Danger in the North American Union.

There is no turning back once the NAU is in place and hardly anyone knows what its about. Of course government apologists will always be for it even when they have no idea of what we are talking about.

Government apologists are why its happening in the first place, why we even had 911, why the trillions are missing, etc. Government apologists can always be counted on by the criminal government.

Government apologists form the hard evidence for mind control conspiracies.

There is no turning back once the NAU is in place and hardly anyone knows what its about. Of course government apologists will always be for it even when they have no idea of what we are talking about.

Government apologists are why its happening in the first place, why we even had 911, why the trillions are missing, etc. Government apologists can always be counted on by the criminal government.

Government apologists form the hard evidence for mind control conspiracies.

Canada doesn't have trillions to miss. Your theories are like barnacles on a whale...imported from the USA.

I don't think it's about people's inability to connect the dots as much as it's about political apathy and lack of self-efficacy... and maybe even more so about people's media intake.

Get your points mentioned on the 5 o'clock news and we'll definately have a few more people holding our mp's feet to the fire.

I'd love to see a Quebec take on Alberta independence.

My guess would be it would be a call to arms, an affirmation of brothers being strange bedfellows.

In other words, a complete and utter miscalculation and misunderstanding of anything outside the island of Montreal. As usual.

The license plates you are least likely to see in the West in the summer are from Quebec. How sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent must see video on the secretive NAU our leaders are selling us out on;

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1355300745194023737

Connie Fogal delivers a hard hitting and passionate warning to all who refuse to ... all » believe that our democracy is being usurped by an elite few and is being sold off, brick by brick, to the highest bidder. Our very own elected politicians are in collusion with powerful private corporate interests, working together behind closed doors to bring in the ‘Security and Prosperity Partnership’ by “stealth” – as one proponent of the agreement put it – without public knowledge or consultation. In this presentation, she argues that Canadian sovereignty is very much at stake and she urges us to become informed and to take action before we ignorantly surrender all of our freedoms and public services to foreign corporate rule.