Ann Coulter at it again

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ann Coulter must be doing something right to drive the leftwing frantic. It's got to be more than just saying provocative things.

Probably it's the scandalous, false, slanderous, stupid, hateful, scurillous, things, rather than the 'provocative' ones.

Goodness, we seem to have driven ourselves into a lather over her. Perhaps even a tizzy!

Goodness, we seem to have driven ourselves into a lather over her. Perhaps even a tizzy!

You probably shouldn't take her so seriously.

I don't. You do. Claiming that the right is represented by her is like claiming the left is represented by Howard Stern or Abby Hoffman. Nice try. I must say though that any movement toward plain speaking is welcome in my books. PC euphemisms and a refusal to speak about "sensitive" issues galls me no end.

It's funny that people would be so hypocritical to condemn Ann and then support Henry Rollins. Just shows the agendas are very clear.

I know who Henry is, but I have not heard any disparaging remarks that he has made.

Should he prove himself to (1) wilfully spread hate (2) tell lies about people or things (3) call people disparaging names (4) call for domestic bombing (5) call for domestic terror against the left ....well then I will sign up for the Hate Henry crowd.

Her last idiotic move seems to have put her in the dog house so to speak. She is not from what I can tell, getting the engagements, and certainly not the TV ones she used to. The thing is she is not a dummy. But she sure comes across as one, and actually limits the Republican base.

But should she want to redeem herself, she can try a threesome with Mark Foley and Ted Haggerty.

It's funny that people would be so hypocritical to condemn Ann and then support Henry Rollins. Just shows the agendas are very clear.

What might that clear agenda be?

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm a LIAR!!!! I'll turn you into me.

---Henry Rollins

Should he prove himself to (1) wilfully spread hate (2) tell lies about people or things (3) call people disparaging names (4) call for domestic bombing (5) call for domestic terror against the left

But isn't that just "telling it like it is?"

No not at all. I guess if calling for the bombing of the NY Times building is "like it is" .

Unless you are missing a smiley!

Ann is a little extreme, no doubt, and I'm not the biggest fan. But those that criticise her often use only personal attacks and ridiculous things like Rollin's absolutely appalling comedy sketch.

That was my point. It makes no sense to go after someone for their extreme and hateful language by using extreme and hateful language.

Ann is a little extreme, no doubt, and I'm not the biggest fan. But those that criticise her often use only personal attacks and ridiculous things like Rollin's absolutely appalling comedy sketch.

I kinda like Ann Coulter. Or is it 'the idea' of Ann Coulter? Either way...the World is a richer place with her outlook. Like one's antagonist on a forum, Ann Coulter is just one of those foils that comes out with remarks designed to get one's blood a-pumpin'. She 'brightens-up' our dull, grey, little lives.

As for irreverent, angry comics, that's still Henry Rollin's second job. I still remember him more from his Black Flag and Rollin's Band days...all those girls who still have that Sun logo tattooed on their lower backs...lol. Immortality in a way... Lewis Black still tops them all in my opinion...irreverent comics that is.

;)

That was my point. It makes no sense to go after someone for their extreme and hateful language by using extreme and hateful language.

I liked Johnny Carson and still miss him a lot...or is it that some rap music is crude and violent? Who the f**k knows why the planet is so angry at itself? Not me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a time...when people didn't go out of their house on Tuesday night at 8 o'clock because Milton Berle was on.

---Ed Mcmahon

I kinda like Ann Coulter. Or is it 'the idea' of Ann Coulter? Either way...the World is a richer place with her outlook. Like one's antagonist on a forum, Ann Coulter is just one of those foils that comes out with remarks designed to get one's blood a-pumpin'. She 'brightens-up' our dull, grey, little lives.

She is a vicious, hurtful, mendatious idealogue who plays to ignorance and malice. It's no wonder she's the poster girl for today's Right.

Ann Coulter represents everything that is wrong with the right wing in America.

I would doubt that Ann is nothing but an amusement for the right. She gets Libs riled and they like that. I also think they do not take her serious although I am aware of some on the right saying she better shut up as she is doing no one any favours.

Ann has been shown for what she is, classless agitating homophobe who when presented with the truth attacks the messenger.

Shes lightweight stuff....

LOL,

For someone who is called this: "Shes lightweight stuff...."

She is able to get you,newbie,Figleaf and millions of others excited to a high degree.

He he....

She's really a comedian and doesn't belong on actual news shows. But as a comedian, she's kind of funny--sort of a self-righteous, neo-fascist Sarah Silverman.

Coulter is actually a poor excuse for a satirist. As far as her looks goes, how can anyone so ugly on the inside look good on the outside? Henry Rollins is my new hero ;-)

A poor excuse for a SATIRIST?

LOL

She is world famous for her witty and sometimes nasty prose!

Sells millions of books and gets on TV many times.

She is a millionaire because of her success.

Look at how many time she is being attacked so poorly here in this thread?

The attacks on her physical appearance is juvenile.

She is a vicious, hurtful, mendatious idealogue who plays to ignorance and malice. It's no wonder she's the poster girl for today's Right.

Well you seem to overlook a lot of attacks she has sent the Republicans way too.

She blasted them hard over Ann Meiers.

She blasted them over being (in her opinion) patsies to the democrats.

She slams them over immigration and more.

Should he prove himself to (1) wilfully spread hate (2) tell lies about people or things (3) call people disparaging names (4) call for domestic bombing (5) call for domestic terror against the left

But isn't that just "telling it like it is?"

No not at all. I guess if calling for the bombing of the NY Times building is "like it is" .

Unless you are missing a smiley!

A good example of Ann going way off base.

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...a light comedic thorn in the side of the political left. I don't know of anyone on the right who treats either she or Rush as the intellectual vanguard of the right, but I see from this thread that many on the left take her very seriously indeed! For some reason, and I have yet to figure this out, the left likes to use folks like Coulter to strawmanize the right. I've never seen anyone on the right prop up the corpse of Abby Hoffman and point to it as the personification of the left, or use the old strawman tactic to anywhere near the same degree as do those on the left...one of those mysteries, I guess, like the left's love of reductionist slogans, bumper stickers and "root causes".