Canada risks making itself an enemy of the Palestinian people

Is this a threat, is this a shot across Canada's bow, are we being told that if we don't send money and side with Hamas, we could be put to the front of the terrorist's to do list?

The more rhetoric from these guys the more I believe we should stick to our guns on this issue.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

GAZA CITY — Canada risks making itself an enemy of the Palestinian people and of the broader Islamist movement by boycotting Hamas and openly siding with Israel, Palestinian foreign minister Mahmoud Zahar said Sunday after he was shunned by visiting Foreign Minister Peter MacKay.

Gee, what a shame.

Canada risks nothing. We do not need to get involved - but we will because we will allow ourselves to be bullied into it.

I am sure the world would be a better place if we just stood back - let them fight to the death and allow God to sort it all out.

Fact is those folks are so tied up in hatred they are prepared to keep on killing until only THEIR group is left standing.

Hell, now the various Palesinian groups are killing each other. Let them - keeps them out of our yard and reduces those we will have to fight later.

There is no negotiation.

I think it was Golda who said - "peace will come to that region when mothers love their children more than they hate us"

Yeah, I know I bastardized the quote - but it is close and those of you with a modicum of sense who read it will understand my meaning.

Borg

That is the problem when you have been beaten down to the point where you then are fighting a war on the basis of religious belief's. There is never a real end to it except when all opposing views are silenced. There will never be peace among the Paleastinians until they can stop their fighting being about religious belief and make it about political differences. As much as I can say that they need their own homeland and that we should look for ways to assure they have a fair division of land in this, but even that will not be enough if they can not get over the feelings of always being the victim of Israeli aggression.

Israel on the other hand must stop its own attempts to always trying to grab more and more land by settlements in areas of contested disputes. It really makes me wonder some times that we see people willing to die for pieces of a desert landscape. It looks to me like if nuclear ambitions keep growing in this region, it will soon all become desert and no living thng will be around to say "I am the winner". This has gone on for as long as I have lived and it has always grown towards the day when it will be one of total destruction of the area. I have seen it go thru all the stages that have been warned about right fromn the early 50's and I must say that in my lifetime I will probably see the end where all of the parties in the Middle East are destroyed by their own unwillingness to agree on anything reasonable.

Canada fights to try and stop these events from happening, but we can not do this by ourselves and in the end I think it will come to an end the same way that has been said at the beginning, Total nuclear desimation of the Middle East.

I agree with the previous two posters but to better understand why Canada did not talk with this guy and takes a strong position on Hamas in general, here's the crux of it - taken from the interview:

Later in the interview, he suggested that there should be a single Islamic state stretching across the Middle East, adding that there was plenty of space in Canada to establish a Jewish homeland.

Isn't it interesting how the Globe and Mail inserted the following "quote" as a lead-in to the article:

During an hour-long interview that he said was a replacement for the meeting Mr. MacKay denied him, Mr. Zahar alternated between saying he was anxious to open a dialogue with Canada and saying he looked forward to the moment that Canadians voted the “extremist” Conservative government out of office.

As has been said many times on this Blog, our left-wing media has been desperately trying to portray the Conservatives in a negative light at every opportunity. Childish. Hopefully, people are starting to notice the blatency of their efforts.

Here's another good quote from Zahar.

When told that Mr. MacKay would likely have responded to his questions by insisting that Hamas still needs to meet the three conditions of the international community — denouncing violence, recognizing Israel and respecting the agreements signed by the previous Palestinian government — the 62-year-old former surgeon turned hostile. “What borders of Israel should we recognize? The border that includes the Golan Heights? The borders it occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem? What type of Israel should we recognize? What is the constitution of Israel? And what is our border?”

How about recognizing Israel's right to exist?

The borders should be negotiated. But that can't happen if your stated aim is the destruction of the country.

During an hour-long interview that he said was a replacement for the meeting Mr. MacKay denied him, Mr. Zahar alternated between saying he was anxious to open a dialogue with Canada and saying he looked forward to the moment that Canadians voted the “extremist” Conservative government out of office.

A vote for the Liberals is a vote for Hamas?

Let's put i more bluntly.

Who cares about the opinion that a terrorist like Zahar has about MacKay, the Conservative Government of Canada or any other topic?

The day that any of us start respecting an opinion from a man like that, representing that organization .......

yahtzee!

Who cares about the opinion that a terrorist like Zahar has about MacKay, the Conservative Government of Canada or any other topic?

Dude.

The terrorists are here.

They are in Canada by the thousands.. they live in my neighbourhood. They are in Montreal with the flags of Hamas. They have plotted to blow up our buildings.

No offence to the people in Alberta but you guys aren't around it so you really don't understand just how MANY hardcore Islam is in Canada. ALberta's issues are taxes on oil.

I wish that were my issues. Instead I have aliens who are in Canada threatening our peace and livelyhood and sucking up our welfare state at my expense. I see this daily.

The answer is to stop immigratation from known terrorist countries but our gov't is too weak to do this becuase they want to pander to minorities for votes. They don't want to chance bad headlines from the CBC.

I feel like one person who is a little, lone voice of warning 2007. People from southern ontario (20% of Canada's population) don't even post here because they don't even feel they are Canadian. They don't give a damn about Canada. You have no idea what goes on here. Introduction of Shariah law into Ontario and Quebec legal code. I went to a wedding show and the only question we got was 'what are you?'. Meaning 'what is your background'. I told them 'i'm Canadian'. One person saw me and said they could accomidate for HALAL MEAT. I SAID 'HELLLL NO!' and then we all laughed.

Almost half of all the second gen kids being born not even considering themselves 'Canadian' despite the fact that they know nother about their home countries. This is sickening.

(edit:.. hehehe silly me.. Canada *is* their home coutnry)

Harper has unfortunately sold out. He's out for votes to get into power which I really can't blame him. But he's not governing on behalf of the Canadian people.

After we have our terrorist attack, I will quote this very same post and say 'see I told you so' as the title. And the reason why we had a terrorist attack is because we do not have a gov't that act on behalf of the Canadian people for our well being and security. We have a gov't that is playing games on it's own behalf so it can get power.

And to think we have the FLQ threatening English quebecers born in Quebec. Like *that's* their important issue.

I've always had a great deal of respect for the FLQ and natives. They both bare arms and will open fire for political cuase. They make things happen in our completely corrupt country. I just wish these energies were directed towards the good of Canada and not special interest.

Uh oh

Dude.

The terrorists are here.

They are in Canada by the thousands.. they live in my neighbourhood. They are in Montreal with the flags of Hamas. They have plotted to blow up our buildings.

I've always had a great deal of respect for the FLQ and natives. They both bare arms and will open fire for political cuase. They make things happen in our completely corrupt country. I just wish these energies were directed towards the good of Canada and not special interest.

Where are the terrorists? Mississauga? Maybe they are hunting you down to shut you up. How be I come to your neighbourhood and you can point them out to me?

Fact is , you couldnt tell a terrorist from a washing machine. (dont fret--me neither)

And you have "great of respect for the FLQ and natives". Well I am sure they are thanking you for that. But lets just change "FLQ" with Hamas, or maybe Radical Islam , or maybe IRA ? After all , they only want to "open fire for political cause"

• 1 month later...
Is this a threat, is this a shot across Canada's bow, are we being told that if we don't send money and side with Hamas, we could be put to the front of the terrorist's to do list?

The more rhetoric from these guys the more I believe we should stick to our guns on this issue.

Just today Hamas and Fatah were shooting it out again. We are dealing with animals. And shouldn't be.