Global Warming Is Happening!

OK. So the earth is warming up / cooling down (whichever the enviros are on this decade).

Cooling down in the '70's, now overheating. Heck. Let's make it easy, say the watermelons. "Climate Change" should cover it ...whatever new crisis "it" happens to be.

Here is my advice:

Everyone out there should go out and buy a copy of "An Inconvenient Truth" (you know - the one where Al Gore hops on board a private jet while his voice over talks of the important of changing our lifestyles?).

If you're smart - you'll own one. Because it's gonna be a collector's item in 10 years - that's the "tipping point" where the world will come to an end - according to Al Gore (by the way, not a scientist).

Wasn't it Jimmy Carter who said we'd run out of fossil fuels by the mid-90's? Gosh, Fat Albert sounds alot like that doesn't he? The end of the world cometh.

Anyway. Buy a copy and hang onto it - it'll be like one of those outdated black and white "how to be a good wife" films they used to make back in the 50's - a great gag to show to your kids at parties.

My rant is over. Contribute if you wish.

I hate to burst your bubble Jerry, but Gore's propaganda piece may not become a collector's item. Remember back in 1999 when earnest computer geeks and others were giving dire predictions about the y2k bug and what it would do to the world? See any prized copies such books and tapes selling for huge dollars on ebay lately? Me neither.

It seems people don't have much time for false predictions. Once they figure out they've been lied to, people tend to not suffer fools gladly.

I hate to burst your bubble Jerry, but Gore's propaganda piece may not become a collector's item. Remember back in 1999 when earnest computer geeks and others were giving dire predictions about the y2k bug and what it would do to the world? See any prized copies such books and tapes selling for huge dollars on ebay lately? Me neither.

It seems people don't have much time for false predictions. Once they figure out they've been lied to, people tend to not suffer fools gladly.

I beg to differ as people keep on electing them.............. :blink::blink:

...Global warming seems intriguing I must say. I'm not scared I'm actually excited. The only thing that frightens me are the lives of the animals. Otherwise...global warming is all our fault anyways. And it sucks other countries haev to suffer becasue the rish countries are so greedy they never want to stop upgrading and etc... :unsure:

I also remember some people giving dire predictions about terrorism during the 90s...

The Y2K bug wasn't a prediction, it was a real possibility. Much like there is a real possibility of a terrorist attack in 2007, not a prediction. No computer expert was able to honestly discount the Y2K bug because to do that would require inside knowledge of the inner workings of hundreds of company systems around the world, and who has access to that kind of info?

The worst case senarios of planes falling from the skys and traffic lights blinking out were at the very low end of possibility, but the only slightly less worse case senario of bank systems screwing up and a short term financial meltdown was a very real possibilities. All it takes is an important banking system to ignore out-of-date data because it's now being marked as 1900 and you would have chaos. Which was why governments and businesses took the issue seriously and invested over a year in some cases to Y2K auditing on their systems, and no doubt many problems were ironed out this way (of course we will never know how many systems actually had genuine y2k problems as it's not the kind of thing companies want to discuss)

So anyway, back to the global warming. Today, Saturday, in New York they had a record breaking day of 70 degrees F. No doubt this will provide environmental groups with plenty of ammo to pressure governments with.

Except it happened already. 70 degree weather in New York, I mean. In 1932. Which is evidence that the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles when you look at ALL of the data. Of course this little tidbit of information will be ignored.

So anyway, back to the global warming. Today, Saturday, in New York they had a record breaking day of 70 degrees F. No doubt this will provide environmental groups with plenty of ammo to pressure governments with.

Except it happened already. 70 degree weather in New York, I mean. In 1932. Which is evidence that the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles when you look at ALL of the data. Of course this little tidbit of information will be ignored.

One day's weather doesn't sway the scientists. It is the longer trends that do.

Here's some more data from two years ago. It appears that two years ago there was not significant disagreement among climate scientists on the issue of global warming existing, and being caused by humans. I don't have more recent data, as it requires a very expensive subscription.

From the article linked above "Many details about climate interactions are not well understood, and there are ample grounds for continued research to provide a better basis for understanding climate dynamics. The question of what to do about climate change is also still open. But there is a scientific consensus on the reality of anthropogenic climate change. Climate scientists have repeatedly tried to make this clear. It is time for the rest of us to listen."

question of what to do about climate change is also still open. But there is a scientific consensus on the reality of anthropogenic climate change. Climate scientists have repeatedly tried to make this clear. It is time for the rest of us to listen."

They can have all the consensus they want. What they don't have is the proof. All evidence suggests they are wrong and suggests a conspiracy of fraud.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/PageMill...es/image277.gif

Here's some news, I don't think you're going to like it though.

To read the report in pdf format, click the link within the article.

An excerpt from the article about the report "ExxonMobil has manufactured uncertainty about the human causes of global warming just as tobacco companies denied their product caused lung cancer," said Alden Meyer, the Union of Concerned Scientists' Director of Strategy & Policy. "A modest but effective investment has allowed the oil giant to fuel doubt about global warming to delay government action just as Big Tobacco did for over 40 years."

And the alternative fuel companis don't finance global warming paranoia? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Imagine the nerve of someone actually paying a scientist to QUESTION the widely held misinfomation about the world!!!

I'm sure you're right - we should all walk in lockstep with the enviro-pot-heads.

I'm sure we should stake our econonies and way of life on a 30-year blip on a 700,000 year history of continuous global temperature fluctuation.

So self-centred and egotistical are the enviro-mooks - thinking we actually have control over the world.

And the alternative fuel companis don't finance global warming paranoia? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Imagine the nerve of someone actually paying a scientist to QUESTION the widely held misinfomation about the world!!!

Gee, seeing how the first principle of scientific study is to do so from a un-biased position having Exon fund it starts off with a bias. By having oil companies paying for studies to prove that carbon dioxide emisssions from the burning of fossil fuels are contributing to global warming means that they will not want to pay for studies that do! The example of the cigarette manufacturers denying culpability and having biased studies done for 40 years is a good one.

I'm sure you're right - we should all walk in lockstep with the enviro-pot-heads.
This comments is off topic and should have been even ritten down it swerves no purpose.
I'm sure we should stake our econonies and way of life on a 30-year blip on a 700,000 year history of continuous global temperature fluctuation.

Read the Stern Report out of England and the recent new study released in the other environmental thread you all seem to be avoiding. You will see Global watrming has increased by what humans do, it will disrupt and our economies and way life if we do nothing.

For the past 400,000 years, he said, atmospheric levels of the gas have ranged naturally from 180 to 280 parts per million, while today's "human perturbed" level has already risen to about 370 parts per million.

Humans Speeding up Global Warming

So self-centred and egotistical are the enviro-mooks - thinking we actually have control over the world.

So your saying humans are NOT and HAVE NOT been destroying the environment all over the world ever? :rolleyes:

Personally I think you got it backwards, I would say that those who want to keep their constant consumer disposable, chemical polluting life styles are truly the ones who are egotistical and self centered.

Personally I think you got it backwards, I would say that those who want to keep their constant consumer disposable, chemical polluting life styles are truly the ones who are egotistical and self centered.

And this is why the USA under Bush has cut emissions far more effectively during it's tenure than have the enviro-centred euro Kyoto crowd?

Jack was on CBC's noon news today, and on the Hour Last Night speaking about Harpers failed Clean Air Act. Perhaps that has caused some CPC peoples some upset?

The NDP will use its new sway with the government to get the Conservatives to shift gear on an "issue-by-issue" basis, just as the party did to get concessions with the former minority Liberal government, NDP Leader Jack Layton told CBC News on Monday.

But it's unlikely the party would be a political ally for a Tory agenda, Layton said.

"It would be pretty hard to see how that could happen, and we have no inclination to do that," Layton said, adding he would need to see "dramatic" changes in direction before the NDP supports the Tories on issues such as emissions regulations.

"Just like when the Liberals were in power, we were able to convince them," he said, adding it was the NDP that prevented another round of corporate tax cuts, as well as secured more funding for transit and affordable housing in 2005.

In his interview with the CBC, Layton did not rule out working with the Tories on the proposed clean air act to have the legislation "totally rewritten" with the NDP's input.

When it comes to Canada's global role in tackling climate change, "you've got to rise above the usual partisan nonsense that goes on … to take the strong action that's needed," he said.

Layton on working with the CPC on the Environment

When it comes to Canada's global role in tackling climate change, "you've got to rise above the usual partisan nonsense that goes on … to take the strong action that's needed," he said.

Just what the dippers need, another vehicle to destroy an economy, just like every other economy they've destroyed where they've been allowed to set up shop.

Just what the dippers need, another vehicle to destroy an economy, just like every other economy they've destroyed where they've been allowed to set up shop.

And now your own political party is watching An Inconvenient Truth for inspiration.

Jack was on CBC's noon news today, and on the Hour Last Night speaking about Harpers failed Clean Air Act. Perhaps that has caused some CPC peoples some upset?

Not really. It's quite self evident to most CPCers that Jack's a self promoting political wind chasing spot light hogging hard left winger, who instead of saying few words and having people consider him a fool goes on and on and proves it. So now he's hot and bothered about the environment? Yah right, he's hot and bothered about power. Might as well give the beast his head.

And now your own political party is watching An Inconvenient Truth for inspiration.

Someone had better tell them that that piece of rubbish has been debunked to no end.