Is it time to throw out multiculturalism

Leafless

"In the shadow of Sept. 11, it is time to confront the unsettling truth that radical multiculturalism creates tribes that could destroy the society that produced it."

I to am convinced that the Liberal concept of multiculturalism involving freedom, equality and tolerance has been distorted into their opposites.

For instance it is acceptable under our definition of free speech to attack Christianity, but say anything critical of Islam and you could risk being charged with hate speech.

By accepting this Liberal concept of multiculturalism as in the federal public service with it's twisted qualifications normally dependent on a variety of skills as been readjusted to include primary qualifications derived from an obsolete minority language that form the base of federal hiring practices.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...;k=9844&p=1

Official Multiculturalism should be eliminated before it's to late.

Without even bothering to read the entire thread - yes.

It may already be too late.

Borg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly it's time. And all the rest of the Trudeau madness.

Germans in Kitchener never lost their self-awareness, nor did the Indians on the Brantford Reservation, who marched along with my tiny self in the great Orange Walks. Like the Poles and Chinese, they existed but never sought to challenge the reality. Rather they backed it up, for fear of the menace of Quebec's disloyalty.

Canada had one Crown, and was a Dominion in the British Commonwealth. At school we sang of 'Wolfe, the dauntless hero,' who, after all, had given us our heritage of constitutional monarchy. Even that 'agent of influence' Pearson recognised that there were only two cultures that counted, though he preferred the one that wouldn't fight for King and Country.

The sooner we scrap the multi-cult - and bilingual - nonsense, reassert what's left of our identity and, God willing, fly the real flag again, the happier dear old Canada will be.

The sooner we scrap the multi-cult - and bilingual - nonsense, reassert what's left of our identity and, God willing, fly the real flag again, the happier dear old Canada will be.

Perfectly put. What has, exactly, been the contribution of Sharia-seeking immigrants anyway to Canada's freedom?

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread. I think there are two extremes here to be avoided. I have no problem with immigrants and all that, but I think its pretty ridiculous when a minority tries to change your country's rules and traditions because they are offended by them. Really I mean, the RCMP would not let me wear a sombrero if I demanded it. Or maybe they would if I had the right lawyers and presented myself as a victim of the cruel society which wont let me join the RCMP and wear my sombrero. I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it is ridiculous when a grade three student is suspended from school for having a paring knife in her lunch kit, while a Sikh teeanger can wear his dagger to school. I mean I certainly dont condone racism or anything like that....and I know that it exists today. But there are so many ridiculous cases of people abusing the system in the name of multiculturalism. You know I think sometimes people would rather concede to every minority demand just to avoid any chance of being called a bigot. Sometimes you have to stick up for the underdog, the minority, or the little guy, but it does not mean they are always right, and when they are not right it is not bigoted to say "wo there!.....MMmmmmm....If my daughter cant bring a paring knife to school, you think you can get in with that kirpan pal."

Mmmmmm....If my daughter cant bring a paring knife to school, you think you can get in with that kirpan pal."

I've formed the "Unlimited Kirpans on Airplanes" committee.

Perfectly put. What has, exactly, been the contribution of Sharia-seeking immigrants anyway to Canada's freedom?

Third rate boutiques and dollar stores in run down strip malls.

Third rate boutiques and dollar stores in run down strip malls.

If only that were the sum cost of Trudeau's migration conspiracy! Gouzenko said that Pearson was' nazh' and all the evidence is that Trudeau was too. (See James Barros' book, No Sense of Evil, or email [email protected] for details.)

How paradoxical that the Red Empire is collapsed but we cannot fly our Red Ensign to celebrate.

How paradoxical that the Red Empire is collapsed but we cannot fly our Red Ensign to celebrate.

Why? Arthritis? Try tylanol, or at least get someone to do it for you.....but really, I don't see the connection?

It is politically incorrect to fly the Red Ensign, part of revisionist history doncha know, have to bury all remnants of our British heritage - a historic link that multicult advocates seem to want erased.

That is disgusting. The residents of Eastern Europe may have thrown off their communist yokes. The university students and listeners to MSM are still treated to a daily diet of the drivel.

Why? Arthritis? Try tylanol, or at least get someone to do it for you.....but really, I don't see the connection?

It is politically incorrect to fly the Red Ensign, part of revisionist history doncha know, have to bury all remnants of our British heritage - a historic link that multicult advocates seem to want erased.

Absolute nonsense.....the only places where flying the Red Ensign is politically incorrect are US gated communities.....they have regulations about flying foriegn flags.....in Canada you are free to do what ever you please, if you feel you can't, it's all your head.