Judge Slams Indian Actions

From today's National Post, I'm suprised no one posted this important decision before I got home from work.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/st...d5f&k=54420

So there you have it. Every Indian that is on that land is breaking the law, and should be jailed. I wonder if the OPP will enforce it this time, the judge is obviously very upset that the rule of law doesn't exist when some races are involved.

Then there is Joe:

Joe, who declined to give his last name, said if provincial police come, he’ll be “ready.”

“The only way they’re going to get me off this land is if they drag my dead body off,” he said.

Well maybe the OPP will have to do that. Or the Army. We need someone to restore law and order to this country, we can't have fanatics declaring themselves above the law.

Then the Justice sums it up beautifully:

Marshall issued his order after holding several hearings to discover why his previous orders to remove aboriginal protesters have been “blatantly disregarded.”

“The court has been patient, but the court cannot turn a blind eye to blatant contempt of the court’s lawful order,” he said.

So there you go. Get off the land, go home. The law has spoken on it. Don't like our law, leave our country and pay back our money.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's National Post, I'm suprised no one posted this important decision before I got home from work.

So there you have it. Every Indian that is on that land is breaking the law, and should be jailed. I wonder if the OPP will enforce it this time, the judge is obviously very upset that the rule of law doesn't exist when some races are involved.

Then there is Joe:

Joe, who declined to give his last name, said if provincial police come, he’ll be “ready.”

“The only way they’re going to get me off this land is if they drag my dead body off,” he said.

Well maybe the OPP will have to do that. Or the Army. We need someone to restore law and order to this country, we can't have fanatics declaring themselves above the law.

Then the Justice sums it up beautifully:

Marshall issued his order after holding several hearings to discover why his previous orders to remove aboriginal protesters have been “blatantly disregarded.”

“The court has been patient, but the court cannot turn a blind eye to blatant contempt of the court’s lawful order,” he said.

So there you go. Get off the land, go home. The law has spoken on it. Don't like our law, leave our country and pay back our money.

geoffrey, geoffrey, geoffrey...The judge can spew all of the illegal bullcrap he wishes! Section 52 (1) of your constitution states that the constitution is the supreme law which reinforces our cause. Judge Marshall is a superior court judge and above all he is not a judge of Rotinonshonni law. Not to mention that the 40+ acres of land he thinks he owns on the tract does bring to light a conflict of interest.

I'm surprised however, that you still are of the opinion that we are breaking the law. Even after the numerous posts on several threads where we have demonstrated in detail how the government and the law is breaking the law.

The land we are on is our home and incase it has eluded you that is why we are there. The country is ours you are just here because of our agreements as friends and allies.

Oh...you used the"R" word in plural form this time...nice touch..

Didn't see an R word, but oh well.

I could care less about Rotinonshonni law either. It's not the law of Canada, and if you are getting Canadian benefits, then you follow Canadian law. No racial preference when it comes to the law sorry, we ended that a few hundred years ago.

Time to move off the land, the game is over, let the people get back to their lives now.

This judge has been far too patient. He ought to give the OPP a week to obey his ruling, and if at the end of that time they haven't, order the arrest of the OPP commisioner on contempt of court charges, then order the deputy to carry out his order.

Drag them off and throw them in jail. They can ignore it there.

It might come down to that. I think the province is reluctant to do that but now if they try negotiation, they are in violation of a court order. So either the govenment appeals or they have to carry out the court order.

Drag them off and throw them in jail. They can ignore it there.

It might come down to that. I think the province is reluctant to do that but now if they try negotiation, they are in violation of a court order. So either the govenment appeals or they have to carry out the court order.

I just don't know how the police can refuse to enforce a court order. What are the citizens left to do when the law doesn't matter anymore?

She:kon!

Judge Marshall's ruling is as irrelevent as he is. There was no injunction to enforce. There is no contempt if there is no injunction. His act to stop negotiations contravenes the Charter and the right of anyone to associate with anyone they choose.

Negotiations will continue and we keep the lands. In fact in the next month or two there will be about a dozen more plots that will be seized under the new reclamation process. No need for land claims talks anymore. The government has already recognized our sovereignty and title to the entire Haldimand Tract in an Agreement in Priniciple. The only remaining question is what to do with the people.

O:nen

I just don't know how the police can refuse to enforce a court order. What are the citizens left to do when the law doesn't matter anymore?

This is the problem that Ontario faces. They assert authority over the land in question so if they don't carry out the court order, they will be found in contempt themselves.

She:kon!

His appointment is provincial. The Canadian jurisdiction for land disputes is federal. The negotiations trump the jurisdictional authority of the judge.

The judge cannot restrict people from sitting down and having a meeting. That violates Section 2 of the Charter.

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion

(B) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other means of communication.

© freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

O:nen

We'll see what happens in the next days. The provincial government and the police are obligated to enforce a court order. Unless the federal government steps in, which they have shown no indication of doing, the provincial judge has jurisdiction of land that is claimed by Ontario.

We'll see what happens in the next days. The provincial government and the police are obligated to enforce a court order. Unless the federal government steps in, which they have shown no indication of doing, the provincial judge has jurisdiction of land that is claimed by Ontario.

Not on a sovereign nation on their own territory he has no jurisdiction!

At some point this week, the Ontario government will have to respond to the judge. He is very much correct about a vacuum in the law. No one is asserting authority over the area at present. At some point it will boil over and the lack of a police presence gives both sides permission free reign.

If it is Six Nations territory, they should arrest the the Caledonians for illegally trespassing on their land. If it is Ontario land, the police should remove or arrest the protesters for violating the court order.

Perhaps EVERYBODY should be arrested and hauled off then.

All judge Marshall is doing is harming the negotiating process, which in the ends hurts EVERYONE. The only reason he has an issue is because he is scared to lose his land in the Haldimand tract, he is attempting to protect his bad investment. Again, which only brings more harm to the Caledonia residents,as Im sure they want this cleared up as much as everyone else. Throwing temper tamptrums is doing no good for anyone.

Perhaps EVERYBODY should be arrested and hauled off then.

All judge Marshall is doing is harming the negotiating process, which in the ends hurts EVERYONE. The only reason he has an issue is because he is scared to lose his land in the Haldimand tract, he is attempting to protect his bad investment. Again, which only brings more harm to the Caledonia residents,as Im sure they want this cleared up as much as everyone else. Throwing temper tamptrums is doing no good for anyone.

The he should be challenged in court and removed from the case.

If they attempt to remove the OPP, that goes against their attempts at a peaceful protest as we all know the Opp will summon the militia. It will be bloodshed and no one , NO ONE wants that. All actions are being made to avoid that type of worst case scenario.

Not on a sovereign nation on their own territory he has no jurisdiction!

I'll discuss the issue of sovereingty with the natives when I no longer have to pay for their food, shelter, heat, hydro, water, the clothes on their backs, their medical care, and everything else they need.

We can do the discussions in jail after they're all arrested and locked up.

LMFAO@Argus, i swear youre on the comedy wagon too. You dont pay for anything in my life or anyone I know. get off your white supremist horse and realize that yours AND MY tax dollars are also funding the welfare of the caledonia residents, and your trailer park cousins!

If they attempt to remove the OPP, that goes against their attempts at a peaceful protest as we all know the Opp will summon the militia. It will be bloodshed and no one , NO ONE wants that. All actions are being made to avoid that type of worst case scenario.

What is to protest if the OPP and Caledonians are on Six Nations land? Haven't they already declared war by occupying in your books?