Who is abusing this dicsussion board...!

Hi all,

Just wanted to make a comment here that I believe there are people using this discussion board to do political business ... not discussion, for they shut down other opinions with insults, and by frighteniing and enraging and manipulating peoples emotions to impose their opinions on others for the purpose of political gain.

I made this accusation of one poster, and she promptly deleted the entire thread... Riverwind was the name.

I wonder if there are others ... and I wonder if they are being paid to do this...

Just my thoughts ... anyone else have any observations ...

I made this accusation of one poster, and she promptly deleted the entire thread... Riverwind was the name.

First, I don't think anyone except the moderator can delete an entire thread.

Second, if you are accusing Riverwind of deleting a thread I would find that behaviour uncharacteristic of Riverwind and difficult to believe.

• Forum Admin

First off, Renegade is right, I am the only person authorized to delete a thread. In fact, I am the only moderater.

Second, the recent spat of insults and poor behaviour are related to a small sub-group of individuals, all of which have been dealt with.

Third, accusing someone of being a political operative (and claiming they are "shutting down other opinions with insults" and "manipulating peoples emotions" for political gain) is a serious accusation. ONe that needs more evidence that what you provided.

If you see abuse, use the Report the Post feature or PM the person directly.

Just wanted to make a comment here that I believe there are people using this discussion board to do political business ... not discussion,
I am not sure what your point is. Political business is discussion and debate.
but frighteniing and enraging nand manipulating peoples emotions to imposing their opinions on others for the purpose of political gain.
I realize that I have raised some points on the issues which disturb you, however, all of my points are rational arguments based on reasonable assumptions. If you disagree with my points then you could try to present a counter argument instead of lauching accusations intended to shut down discussion.

I also find it ironic that you would consider me a party hack - I look at each issue on its merits and will support any party's position if the issue if I believe it has merit. Other posters have made the comment that they cannot figure out what party I might support because my opinions are so varied.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I believe the post you are referring to is here

Just wanted to make a comment here that I believe there are people using this discussion board to do political business ... not discussion,
I am not sure what your point is. Political business is discussion and debate.
but frighteniing and enraging nand manipulating peoples emotions to imposing their opinions on others for the purpose of political gain.
I realize that I have raised some points on the issues which disturb you, however, all of my points are rational arguments based on reasonable assumptions. If you disagree with my points then you could try to present a counter argument instead of lauching accusations intended to shut down discussion.

I also find it ironic that you would consider me a party hack - I look at each issue on its merits and will support any party's position if the issue if I believe it has merit. Other posters have made the comment that they cannot figure out what party I might support because my opinions are so varied.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I believe the post you are referring to is here

no that is not it...it was in a thread that no longer exists.

Probably off topic but when I wrote my MP with some concerns about this governments hidden agendas, I was asked Where I got these notions.

I listed Freedominion and this forum.I recieved a post distancing The Harper government from Free Dominion but no mention what so ever about this one. So it is mostly a Harper Forum is it not.

Probably off topic but when I wrote my MP with some concerns about this governments hidden agendas, I was asked Where I got these notions.

I listed Freedominion and this forum.I recieved a post distancing The Harper government from Free Dominion but no mention what so ever about this one. So it is mostly a Harper Forum is it not.

Are you serious? This has nothing to do with the gov't or supporting Harper and the gov't, but after being away for a while am disappointed at how this board seems to have been taken over by trolls, although Greg is dealing with them now. This forum has both sides posting and doesn't represent one group or other, that is plain for anyone to see.

The notion that Harper has a hidden agenda has long since been dispelled, he is proving to be an able leader and has surely disappointed the chicken littles who expected the sky to fall. Gee, last time I looked Canada was still functioning very well, sorry to disappoint though. :)

• Forum Admin
I believe I made my point.

Moderator, you can delete this thread now.

Ummm, no - you didn't make a point at all. I told you, no one has the ability to delete threads, and I certainly did not delete the thread. Your accusations were baseless and you've made not attempt to defend them to Riverwind.

I believe I made my point.

Moderator, you can delete this thread now.

Ummm, no - you didn't make a point at all. I told you, no one has the ability to delete threads, and I certainly did not delete the thread. Your accusations were baseless and you've made not attempt to defend them to Riverwind.

It is hard to do that when the thread has been deleted. Besides, Riv and I have crossed paths since and I am satisfied by her answer. (She is.) ... and she has cleaned up her destructive and offensive language ... with me at least.

Leave the thread if you like ...your choice ... as a warning to others to beware who on this board may have a deeper agenda.

from the Skeptics Dictionary:

multiple personality disorder
[dissociative identity disorder]

....students often ask me whether multiple personality disorder (MPD) really exists. I usually reply that the symptoms attributed to it are as genuine as hysterical paralysis and seizures....

--Dr. Paul McHugh

Are you serious? This has nothing to do with the gov't or supporting Harper and the gov't, but after being away for a while am disappointed at how this board seems to have been taken over by trolls, although Greg is dealing with them now. This forum has both sides posting and doesn't represent one group or other, that is plain for anyone to see.

The notion that Harper has a hidden agenda has long since been dispelled, he is proving to be an able leader and has surely disappointed the chicken littles who expected the sky to fall. Gee, last time I looked Canada was still functioning very well, sorry to disappoint though. :)

Yes, I assume it is a Harper board, judging by the way other opinions are silenced by insults and party propoganda.

Trolls ... meaning anyone else with views different than His Harpiness allows you to have...

Harpers agenda is no longer hidden ... he wants to be a dictator... will not let anyone speak but himself, (so who does my MP really represent ... Harper ... not me...), and if he cannot win, he pouts and takes his toys (or legislation) home.

Yes, I assume it is a Harper board, judging by the way other opinions are silenced by insults and party propoganda.

Trolls ... meaning anyone else with views different than His Harpiness allows you to have...

Harpers agenda is no longer hidden ... he wants to be a dictator... will not let anyone speak but himself, (so who does my MP really represent ... Harper ... not me...), and if he cannot win, he pouts and takes his toys (or legislation) home.

Absolute nonsense.

But from your perspective, wouldn't Harper pouting and taking his toys and going home a good thing?