Will Bush be impeached/investigated?

This may sound like a strange question but every President since Eisenhower has either never made it to a second term or been impeached or investigated by Congress.

Kennedy was killed. Johnson was hounded from office. Nixon resigned (after Congress hounded him). Carter was defeated. Reagan was hounded by the Iran-Contra congressional hearings. Bush Snr. was defeated. Clinton was impeached and hounded by a special prosecutor. And that brings us to Bush Jnr.

It seems to me that Bush Jnr has had too easy a ride. This can't last.

I think I was reading that every two term President have lost substantial amounts of seat in their sixth year of office. I think that will dictate whether there are votes within Congress to oppose the President.

Dear August1991,

This may sound like a strange question but every President since Eisenhower has either never made it to a second term or been impeached or investigated by Congress.
I see no reason why Bush won't fullfill two terms in office. The media has taken over the 'wielding' of 'public opinion' (and the courts). Clinton was cleared not successfully prosecuted...like Orenthal.

It could be that your observation is less dependent of the actual presidents themselves. It could be a reflection of the American system of government having more check and balances than most other governments. As a result, bad governance is rooted out with less delay in America.

Maybe our government (and the governments of most other countries) would display the same pattern of leadership turn-over if they faced the same music.

Kennedy was killed. Johnson was hounded from office. Nixon resigned (after Congress hounded him). Carter was defeated. Reagan was hounded by the Iran-Contra congressional hearings. Bush Snr. was defeated. Clinton was impeached and hounded by a special prosecutor. And that brings us to Bush Jnr.

Unfortunately it does not matter. Its not going to change the american desire for hegemony. Its not going to reduce their military spending. Its not going to make those creepy evangelicals go away. Its not going to solve anything, except be a gongshow for the media to focus on for a few months.

Andrew

I'd rather see cheney impeached for the halliburton scam.

He's being sued instead for putting the life of a CIA agent in danger. I think that is worse although you could say Halliburton has been killing American soldiers with its crappy food in Iraq for a couple of years now.

I'd rather see cheney impeached for the halliburton scam.

He's being sued instead for putting the life of a CIA agent in danger. I think that is worse although you could say Halliburton has been killing American soldiers with its crappy food in Iraq for a couple of years now.

That's true, at least I can take consolation in that. But it seems a lot of people want to impeach bush, and to them I say...would you really want to have president cheney?