I figured out what's happening with the CPC

While responding to questions about $1.7 million of undisclosed CPC convention fees Harper said:

"All the laws have been obeyed and the Liberals will have to obey them as well - that's the tough part".

The Libs got nothing to do with it, so why the mention?

During the course of the same controversy the CPC executive director responds by asking the Liberals to also be investigated.

Huh? What is going on here? Why, instead of quietly pledging to get to the bottom of the controversy are the Conservatives coming out with guns blazing at the Liberals?

Frank Luntz, THAT'S why.

In May 2006 Frank Luntz - an American Republican strategist (a "guru") met with Stephen Harper. He also spoke to the "Civitas Society", a powerful Canadian Conservative group that several people from Harpers government are members of. Harpers chief of staff is the director of the Civitas Society.

Mr. Luntz's advice to Conservatives during his speech: keep kicking at the Liberals. Keep up the accusations of corruption for another year he said.

That explains why the Conservatives can't deal with their election financing controversy without pointing a finger at the Liberals. I think they've taken Luntz's advice to far this time and have come off looking like pathetic babies.

But what about game 6 of the Stanley Cup? You know, the game that Harper and several members of his government fandangled tix for and went on a taxpayer funded "boys night out" to watch?

The one where the government members took time slots for photo ops sitting with Mr. Harper?

Well, turns out Frank Luntz told Conservatives to tap into national symbols like hockey.

"If there is some way to link hockey to what you all do, I would try to do it." he said.

He also advised that images and pictures are important.

What he didn't bargain for perhaps is a Canadian electorate that pays a little more attention to detail than it's American counterpart. We don't like being manipulated by Republican "strategists".

edit:

Here's the link on Frank Luntz advising the CPC.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics...911aceb&k=25352

Also worth looking at is this alternet take on Frank Luntz and Canada:

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/themix/36966/

they point out some interesting parrallels between how Bushs' government has spoken and behaved and how ours is now.

gerryhatrick,

Becoming a little obsessed with the topic that you have to start yet another thread about it? :blink:

This is not about the convention fee controversy, it is about Frank Luntz and the parallels between his advice and CPC behavior. And if you look at the alternet link at the bottom you see some more troubling parrellels.

Yes, the illegal convention fee contributions are mentioned. So? Are we never allowed to mention them in the context of anything else ever again? Go cite us some more rules on that.

gerryhatrick,

Becoming a little obsessed with the topic that you have to start yet another thread about it? :blink:

FROM THE RULES:

If you want to propose a new topic, find the appropriate category and only post ONCE.

Some people start threads all day.

While we're quoting rules:

NO TROLLING/FLAMING

Do not post inflammatory remarks just to annoy people. If you are not bringing anything new to the argument, then do not say anything at all.

I've posted one thread today, and as I've pointed out it's unrelated to yesterdays thread. You have a problem with that newb then hit the report button.

While we're quoting rules:

NO TROLLING/FLAMING

Do not post inflammatory remarks just to annoy people. If you are not bringing anything new to the argument, then do not say anything at all.

I've posted one thread today, and as I've pointed out it's unrelated to yesterdays thread. You have a problem with that newb then hit the report button.

Yes, well this is the third thread started on the same topic within a few days. Sound familar Gerry? Think back to last week. Think about some threads you started on Global Warming. Four in a week to be exact. This link here might remind you of Gary's thoughts on the subject.

Gerry, you need to get your knickers out of that twist they are in. Other than that, I don't feel like commenting on the topic since there are three of them going at once.

Insult, followed by a lie. Nice touch.

This is the only topic on Frank Luntz and the influence his strategizing has had on the behaviour of the CPC that I can find. But please, point me to another. If there is one I will ask for this one to be closed, which is so obviously your hearts most precious desire.

Gerry, you need to get your knickers out of that twist they are in. Other than that, I don't feel like commenting on the topic since there are three of them going at once.

Insult, followed by a lie. Nice touch.

Followed by something fishy...

Those of you who are long time pros of this and other forums, I have something kind of suspicious. Could you please analyze this link, the first post of another forum and compare it word for word to the first post of this thread, done by Gerryhatrick. It's pretty much word for word the same. Do we have a double poster here or what?

In fact, if you go to the index of the Politics Topic on the other forum, you'll see that proudpegger started three threads that have the same title as three started here by, you guessed it, Gerryhatrick. For shame, Gerry!

Those of you who are long time pros of this and other forums, I have something kind of suspicious. Could you please analyze this link, the first post of another forum and compare it word for word to the first post of this thread, done by Gerryhatrick. It's pretty much word for word the same. Do we have a double poster here or what?

In fact, if you go to the index of the Politics Topic on the other forum, you'll see that proudpegger started three threads that have the same title as three started here by, you guessed it, Gerryhatrick. For shame, Gerry!

Gerryhatrick=proudpegger=Liberal double dipper........they never change,do they? :lol:

I'm having a difficult time not calling you some profane adverbed names.

But I'll resist, and instead I'll explain things to you like I do to a child.

I don't have to explain myself to a rightwinger more concerned with silly "gotchas" than truthful discussion. If you think you've discovered something against the rules, you report. If you think I've posted something here improperly, report. Don't pollute the forum with your snivelling and whining, understand?

I'm having a difficult time not calling you some profane adverbed names.

But I'll resist, and instead I'll explain things to you like I do to a child.

I don't have to explain myself to a rightwinger more concerned with silly "gotchas" than truthful discussion. If you think you've discovered something against the rules, you report. If you think I've posted something here improperly, report. Don't pollute the forum with your snivelling and whining, understand?

Whatever you say, proudpegger. But try to play within the rules that you accepted when you joined this forum. Last week Greg stopped one of your threads when you had started four on the same topic in one week. Now I find you have been cross-posting, another direct violation of the rules. These are not strident overbearing rules that require much effort to obey, they are simple, easy to understand, and not complicated. If you can't abide by them when everyone else is, it shows a poor sport who wants to gain an unfair advantage, who will cheat when he can. Don't reflect poorly on you liberal brethern.

Whatever you say, proudpegger. But try to play within the rules that you accepted when you joined this forum.

What about lying and trolling?

You lied earlier in this thread when you said

"Yes, well this is the third thread started on the same topic within a few days. "

It clearly is not. Or perhaps you can point out which other topics here are the same as this topic?

Do not further sully your noble rightwing tradition with further lies.

Oh, and happy stalking! I'm sure you're scouring the internet now!

Whatever you say, proudpegger. But try to play within the rules that you accepted when you joined this forum.

What about lying and trolling?

You lied earlier in this thread when you said

"Yes, well this is the third thread started on the same topic within a few days. "

It clearly is not. Or perhaps you can point out which other topics here are the same as this topic?

Do not further sully your noble rightwing tradition with further lies.

Oh, and happy stalking! I'm sure you're scouring the internet now!

Okay, I'll bite. 1)"I figured out what's happening with the CPC" started on July 1.

2) "Well....well.....well.....then we want the Liberals investigated too" started June 30

3) "Tories may have taken $2M in illicit donations" started june 28

These are all on the same topic of the Tories and the donation money in question.

Okay, I'll bite. 1)"I figured out what's happening with the CPC" started on July 1.

2) "Well....well.....well.....then we want the Liberals investigated too" started June 30

These are all on the same topic of the Tories and the donation money in question.

Ah but....gerrypegger is Liberal,and Liberals are allowed to interpret the Liberal way, in however many ways it might be. :lol:

GST,AD-Scam,Air-Bus,9/11,tax relief,election promises.....ect...ect....ect.

Ok children, pay attention I'm only going to repeat this twice:

This is the only topic on Frank Luntz and the influence his strategizing has had on the behaviour of the CPC that I can find.

Now, go get your mats it's nap time! :lol:

:D I knew something like that was going on. I knew the the US congressman Frist, had been up to see Harper and that how the Cons, in the US, control the Dems. The Con radio programs do the same to the Dems, they never talk about Bush, they just keep talking bad about the Libs". Well, this isn't the US and Canadians are far wiser than Americans and let Harper have his time, because time will run out for this govt. Just go and watch C-pac and "Question Period" and see who has the smart mouths in the parliament. Harper may call an election this fall or next spring and I say"bring it on" this guy gotta go!!

Gerryhatrick=proudpegger=Liberal double dipper........they never change,do they? :lol:

A "hat trick" (link) is any three victories in sport.

[Q] From Carol Farrell and others: “What is the origin of the term hat trick, used to describe a series of three victories in sports?”

[A] It comes from the English game of cricket and refers to a bowler who takes three wickets with three successive balls. For those more familiar with baseball, this is an impressive achievement, similar to a baseball pitcher striking out three batters in a row, but much less common. It seems to have been the custom in the nineteenth century for such a paragon of the art to be awarded a new hat by his club as a mark of his success.

Thus, apparently, the name "gerryhatrick". Interesting entymology? Threads and posts, in threesomes.

Just go and watch C-pac and "Question Period" and see who has the smart mouths in the parliament. Harper may call an election this fall or next spring and I say"bring it on" this guy gotta go!!

Oh yes. The same ones who slept through the third reading of the budget vote. Harper's one smart operator, and he'll get a majority.

By the way, it shouldn't take an American to tell you that a minority government leader cannot "call" an election; he must be defeated on a confidence vote. See. King/Byng.

Just go and watch C-pac and "Question Period" and see who has the smart mouths in the parliament. Harper may call an election this fall or next spring and I say"bring it on" this guy gotta go!!

Yes, the tone has descended. It appears there is 100% CPC focus on bashing Liberals with silly little insults, and given Luntz's advice to them it makes sense.

It will backfire I believe. Canadians want to see some governance and maturity, not all partisan strategizing all the time..

Canadians want to see some governance and maturity, not all partisan strategizing all the time..

First good point you have made .

That's why after none of that for 13 years Canadians are ready for some governance and maturity.

God bless Stephen Harper.

Oh yes, all hail Stephen Harper! God keep him safe and sound. :rolleyes:

If you've read the original post and been paying attention to your government (and cared!) you'd echo what I'm saying. Nobody can deny the constant drone of attacks on the Liberals. When asked about issues it's like a knee jerk reaction...attack the Liberals.

When will they start being a government standing on their own record and answering for themselves?

So if only we'd been paying attention, we'd all agree with your assesment, Gerry? Isn't that a little arrogant? You liberals are all the same. The Tories will start standing on their own record when they have one about the time of the next election. Until then, they will keep firing away at the Liberals. Why not, when the Liberals have given everyone so much ammo.