Peel Region is the 5th Largest Government in Canada:

In order of Government Size:

1) Federal Govenment of Canada

2) Province of Ontario

3) City of Toronto

4) City of Montreal

5) Region of Peel

How could Canadians have been so stupid as to alow the Street Sweeping and Garbage Collection Organization created 30 years ago to become the fifth largest government in this country?

Peel Region is the most blatant examples of the huge Structural Problem with the Province of Ontario that is wasting BILLIONS of dollars each year.

How could Canadians have been so stupid as to alow the Street Sweeping and Garbage Collection Organization created 30 years ago to become the fifth largest government in this country?
I am pretty sure your facts are wrong. Peel is likely there is no way the Peel city government is larger than the gov'ts of Quebec, BC and Alberta.

Peel Region is more powerful than the government of Quebec.

Quebec is still a democracy. Peel Region is a dictatorship and therefore much more powerfull than Quebec.

In fact in one sense Peel Region is more powerfull than any other government organization in Canada because of its size and because it opperated as a dictatorship without accountability to any democratic principles or oversight by any public authority. By operating above any law and without being influenced by any other government and without itself being a democratic government, it is the most powerful force in Canada in the hands of Corrupt Administrators and preserved by Corrupt Elected Representatives at Every Level of Government that work to maintain its nafarious existance.

Do you have a source other than Widopedia - thanks

You can ask anyone who ever worked in Peel Region, dealt with Peel Region, or any of its current and former elected representatives about the Gestapo Bullies and Thugs that work there. The chief of which Kent Gillespie an incompetent lawyer without ethics or morals who uses his lack of ethics to bolster his complete incompence with all the things he does. You may want to speak to people related to the great Bob Gillespie family about this sort of thing.

Kent Gillespie gets his illigitimate public power from the Gillespie family from the once renowned Bob Gillespie and his wife pouring hundreds of thousands of dollars personaly into the Peel United Way and abusing his influence (ala Enron-style) over GE Canada (as its now former CEO) to do the same kind of thing of pouring money into the non-profit group with that large public company shareholder's money into it to use to garner illigitimate political influence for his family personally over the elected representatives of Peel Region, the Province of Ontario and the Federal Government of Canada.

From the toe hold the Gillespie Family has in Peel Region they leverage nafariouos influences that keeps Kent Gillespie employed, notwithstanding he is an bully and thug who is blatantly arogant, feared and hated by everyone around him (Council and Staff), who is a total incompetent professional and person who should be flipping hamburgers for a living, or living homeless with his face in a gutter high on crack, and not holding or managing public trust and responsibility over other people's lives, with his personal unrestrained addiction to abusing public power and authority for the fun and exitement to get himself off watching people squirm under his thumb.

- This post was an unintentional duplicate of the one following it so I have deleted it.

In order of Government Size:

1) Federal Govenment of Canada

2) Province of Ontario

3) City of Toronto

4) City of Montreal

5) Region of Peel

Peel Region is the most blatant examples of the huge Structural Problem with the Province of Ontario that is wasting BILLIONS of dollars each year.

- You are incorrect. There are several governments in addition to the four you have named that are bigger than Peel Regional Government in terms of both employees and budgets. In addition to the feds, Ontario, Toronto and Montreal, other larger than Peel governments include the Province of Quebec, the Province of BC, the Province of Alberta, and the Greater Vancouver Regional Government. If you use only budgets as the criterion of size, there are others clearly larger than Peel including the provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia.

- The fact that you appear to have extracted this "information" from wikipedia means absolutely nothing because wikipedia is NOT an authoritative encyclopedia but rather a "peoples' encyclopedia" which means that any nutter who has an axe to grind may vent his spleen by making an entry in wikpedia without fear of correction. In this sense, it is much like this board. If you read the entry you cite, you will note that it provides no corroborating numbers and is replete with spelling mistakes and obviously is not to be taken seriously.

- I am no fan of Peel Regional Government or of the regional type of government structure with its lesser and removed degree of democratic accountability. Having said this, it is obvious from this thread that you have an intensely felt grievance and personal axe to gring that may blind you to the objectivity necessary to make rational points credibly. If you have something specific, rational, supportable and credible to say about regional government or Peel in particular, kindly say it. Otherwise, you come off like the kind of nutter who has discouraged me from posting regularly on this board, sort of like The Lotus Land Lunatic Biblio Bubli, one of Gregg's great favourites.

- The fact that you appear to have extracted this "information" from wikipedia means absolutely nothing because wikipedia is NOT an authoritative encyclopedia but rather a "peoples' encyclopedia" which means that any nutter who has an axe to grind may vent his spleen by making an entry in wikpedia without fear of correction. In this sense, it is much like this board. If you read the entry you cite, you will note that it provides no corroborating numbers and is replete with spelling mistakes and obviously is not to be taken seriously.
Let me come to the defence of Wikipedia. Its information is largely factual and surprisingly detailed. It's also very useful. The editorial work is improving and there are notices about "contested issues". IMV, Wikipedia is a wonderful tool on the Internet.

BTW, the wikipedia entry for Peel Region is at considerable variance (to put it politely) with IAmCan2's post above.

Otherwise, you come off like the kind of nutter who has driven me away from this board, sort of like the Lotus Land Lunatic Biblio Bubli.
Welcome back Teddy. Don't let one poster on a personal mission hijack your engaging style.

It is prety hard to get people's attention and maake them aware of the Gestapo Governments like Peel Region at work distroying Canada for their personal gain at the public's expense.

Peel Region is a natorious organization. The people running the place are bullies and thugs who wield public authority for the fun and excitement of showing how bad they can be to other around them to scare people aware from challanging the pilfering of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

The elected are either corrupt or too scared of the corruption and disgrasefull ethics the professional scumbags that produce their incredible level of perversion of Public Trust when they Betray the Public Interest for their personal gains.

Welcome back Teddy. Don't let one poster on a personal mission hijack your engaging style.

- August1991 ... Thank you very much. Never fear, at my age I allow nobody to hijack my style, engaging or otherwise. Having said that, I fully expect the self appointed Legend of Lethbridge Gregg to swoop down momentarily and to once again come to the defence of the nutter known here as Biblio Bubli and ban me again from this board, this time permanently. I could care less. And so, it seems, could everyone else other than the nutter Biblio Bubli who was responsible for my banning and yet lied thereafter about being a friend of mine and kept complaining about my banning and asking when I would be reinstated. Others, it seems, are only interested in the sound of their own voice and could care less if an informed and articulate poster is unfairly banned and/or if an absolute nutter is allowed to pollute the board on a daily basis.

The Peel Region spends 1.2 billion per year. The government of Newfoundland spends 4.9 billion per year. Your facts are wrong.

Money given to other organizations, boards and local governments don't count. We are talking about the money actually in their hands for their unfetered use. Not the amount entrusted to them to download to others.

If Newfoundland gives money to someone else, like a police board or municipality or Crown corporation to provide governmental social serivices delivery by others those amounts don't count since they are passthrough middlemen on such transactions that do not go towards actual services under their control and discretion.

Peel Region spends its money or has the more than $3.0 Billion available to spend as it pleases in amounts in reserves and that they spend. They have more money than Microsoft or GE to spend as they please.

As a measure of cost of doing business Peel Region would be bigger than any Private Corporation in the World, since they only spend and do not have amounts that go towards cost of good sold.

The Peel Region spends 1.2 billion per year. The government of Newfoundland spends 4.9 billion per year. Your facts are wrong.

- Riverwind ... Of course his facts are totally and laughably wrong. Clearly he is an obsessed and ignorant nutter in the Biblio Bublia league and will therefore refuse to change either his mind or the subject.

- You are correct that Peel's operating budget for 2006 is $1.2 B. Its capital budget is $452 M for a total 2006 budget of $1.652B. This puts it at NO HIGHER AND PROBABLY LOWER than 16th among governmental budgets in Canada and nowhere near the top five which all have budgets of anywhere from 150X (federal) to 20X Peel's modest budget. As you pointed out, Newfoundland and Labrador's budget is 3 times Peel's. Other much larger public budgets than Peel's include all THE provinces except PEI, the federal government, and all major municipal budgets such as Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, etc.

- Regrettably, Greg's only concern is that everyone be very polite and diplomatic with everyone else even if they parrot the most ridiculous and inaccurate and distorted crap in their posts. This is why the board is dominated by hard left and hard right zealots rather than by more balanced and knowledgeable posters who tend to post here rarely if at all and who only come here periodically to scan the latest idiocy for amusement.

It's unfortunate that people tend to advance integrity in government activity where it does not in fact exist.

Peel Region is the fifth highest in Canada based on the amount of money it spends and has, which exceeds $3.0 Billion Dollars. (reserves + expenditures).

The others you are looking at involve the money they have but do not spend it directly. You need to subtract the amounts of the budgets because you are double counting money places like Newfoundland have in their budget who don't spend the amounts directly but download the money to municipalities and Crown Corprotions. When governments download spending, they also download power that comes from the spending.

Peel Region is the 5th MOST POWERFUL Government in Canada based on spending. However I might add the MOST POWERFUL GOVERNMENT in North America because they are a Dictatorship and not a democracy by any stretch of reality if anyone bothers to look at how it works from a public scrutiny and supervisional perspective.

- This post was an unintentional duplicate of the one following it so I have deleted it.

Well, that's where I put my welcome back post to you, and when you deleted yours you unintentionally deleted mine with it.

Oh well ... Greg is on to you now so I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities to welcome you back.