Peace Scenarios

KrustyKidd

Got to thinking the other day about scenarios, anybody want to try a few?

1. US removes all backing from Palestinian/Israeli peace initiative. Cancels funding to all parties.

2. US caves in on Iraq and places all it's troops under the command of a Lybian General.

3. Arafat recalls Abbas saying he backs the PM and gives him full authority to reign in terror groups.

4. Israel gets taken over by California Liberals, lays down arms and opens borders to all Palestinians. Also gives back Golan and West Bank. Everybody holds hands singing Kumbyah until the Palestinians show up. Are they holding candles and bedrolls or AK47s?

Dear KK,

I will try to inject a little seriousness into your question, for some could happen.

1. Are you talking- the US pulls out of supporting the road map? Or are you talking the US stops funding Israel to the tune of 1+ billion cash and 8+ in loan guarantees and military hardware? What about Saudi Arabia and Egypt? Would the US have to stop 'enabling' Islamic terrorists as well?

I would say that: if the US withdraws it's push for the 'roadmap', the status quo would remain, and perhaps slowly accelerate the mutual destruction, but the Palestinians would feel betrayed.

If they pulled funding (from both sides) I would say:I would expect escalation to the point of 'The Samson Option'.

2. The UN would have to have a vote, should the US cede operational control in Iraq, Canada or the Brits would finally be able to produce some results. . The US military, renowned for its hardware, is equally renowned for incompetence.

3. Arafat could pick Mohhamed himself to run the terror groups, but they would still do what they want with blind hatred, infighting and ignorance. I can't believe Israel didn't have the guts to eliminate Arafat when they had him holed up in his compound last year. It must have been a case of "better the devil you know than the one you don't"

4. "Ahnohld" Schwartzeneggerkopf (when elected 'Guv') would take on all the Palestinians single-handed and still get the girl. #4 sounds like the best case scenario.

US shuts down FOX news.

This whole "War on Iraq" was a joke to American news channels. They had the camera's embeded with the troops, following the troops while conducting house to house searched...the worst I think was the camera attached to the barrel of a M1A1...wherever it shot, the camera diligently followed...people are dying here this isn't a game!...thank god for the CBC for MUCH better coverage....

To the topics of peace...the US needs to lose it hypocritical way of thinking. Don't tell other counties to not show POWs while you show Iraqi's...smart, real smart!

They need to change foreign policy, now!

American people need to stop voting Republican and start voting in majority for Democrats....or, we can just liquidate the US all together and live in a somewhat state of peace

watch out, the Right-wing, genocidal bent, islam-ignorant fanatics will attempt to intimadate you with their meaningless rhetoric!

Yeah. You know, if you'd been around a couple months ago when all the political quizzes were flying around here, you'd know that there are virtually NO hardcore right wingers here! As for the genocidal, ignorant fanatics... I don't know. :rolleyes:

Most of us "right wingers" and in fact, most of the policies of the Alliance are actually centrist. It's you (and a portion of the Canadian populace) that's so far left that you think anyone right of Karl Marx is an extremist.

• Forum Admin

nova_satori if you don't start contributing to this forum in a positive manner you might just find yourself a new forum.

If you don't like the arguments of certain posters in this forum then I would suggest you counter their arguments with intelligent and detailed responses. This forum is open to all political persuasions - left wing, right wing etc. However, if you notice, no one here has much patience for two sentence posts and blatant generalizations. You'll find that if you avoid this type of behaviour, your stay here will be much more pleasant.

Hello Cameron, welcome to the Forum.

I wonder though, about the assumptions you make on embedded journalism.

Have you considered the possibility that the coverage which offended you was deliberate? That this was an attempt to show the reality of War? That the journalist presented the camera coverage in this manner to make it clear that this was not a sporting contest, not some football or soccer match - that it was about death, not scores?

From the strength and passion of your response, I'd say it was very effective coverage.

Your comments about politics are a concern, are you that naif? Patriotism is not politics and there are members of both political parties who support or oppose the current War against terrorists. The labels "Democrat" and "Republican" are inappropriate in this context.

You state:

"or, we can just liquidate the US all together and live in a somewhat state of peace "

There are just a few problems with your point of view: an attempt to begin this liquidation began on 9 - 11, many of us take exception, violent exception to being liquidated - it's not going to happen. Exactly how is anyone going to live in peace without America? Every time we attempt to turn our back on the world and mind our own business, every attempt to quit as "Sheriff" for the world fails because we then have every whimp banging on our doors insisting that only 'we' can solve their problem.

I know, the UN will take over from us. Setting the Fox to guard the Chicken Coop has proven to be somewhat of a failure but hope springs eternal.....

Have you considered the possibility that the coverage which offended you was deliberate? That this was an attempt to show the reality of War? That the journalist presented the camera coverage in this manner to make it clear that this was not a sporting contest, not some football or soccer match - that it was about death, not scores?

Please. American news outlets did their damndest to hide the "reality of war" from viewers. The war, like its predecessor, was cast as a video game (I remember watching with disgust as, on the first day of ground operations, CNN kept showing computer animated graphics of U.S. military hardware. They reminded me of trading cards. "I'll trade yopu a Bradley fighting vehicle for a MOAB.")

Where were the mangled, bloody bodies, the charred remains of Iraqi conscripts? The last thing the U.S. wants is people to see the true face of war. If they did, no one would want to fight. (Is it any wonder though, since the men who forced this war never served their country?)