The NHL playoffs

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rest of the team doesn't get its act back together they won't win with God in goal. Even then you have to score at least once
Very funny, Wilber. I heard a joke long ago about a hockey fan who dies and goes to heaven.

He asks St. Peter, "Is there Hockey in heaven"?

Peter replies, "Oh yes, there is a game tonight, (tix are free, of course). I'll show you...

So, at the arena, the man asks Peter "Who is the team in white?" and is told, "Those are the Angels, they think they are very good".

So he asks, "Then that team in red, they must be the 'Devils'?" Peter replies, "You are correct, and they think that they are very, very good".

Then the man asks, "Who the heck is skating around at centre ice doing pirouettes, wearing number 99?"

Peter replies, "Oh, that's God. He thinks He's Wayne Gretzky".

OIIILLEERRRRZZZZZZZ!!!

You forken nandy pandy, pencil neck, pantie-waisted, idjitzzz, with all yer limp-wristed Montreal Easterner crap!! Ya sitz there wit yer fancy panzy top hat and yer fantzy panzie monicles and yer all, like, [drowl voice]"Well I do believe that is the end to the Oilerz. Tsk um gee I wonder what their problem wuz and why they couldn't win. Blah Blah blah. Im so important blah blah"[/drowl voice], and your whiney, [wimper]"Yes I do believe that pretty much counts them out of the series"[/wimper] and itz just cuz yer lozerz!

AND I TOLD YUZ. I TOLD ALLLLL OF YUZ. DERE GONNA KILLL KILLL KILLL LIKE THEY FREAKIN INVENTED DETH.

I told you! I told ALLLLLLLL of you! Ya all counted them out early and itz because yer ALLL LOOOSERS and we're WINNNERS. None of yuz iz evah gonna win the cup cuz yer doom-speaking cry babies.

(pant. wheez.)

OOOOOILLLLLLLLLERRRRRSS.

AND IF ANY ONE OF PINHEADS POSTS BACK WITH YER MAMBY PAMBY, "well I do believe they haven't won the series yet...blah blah blah talk, well that juzzz proves yer a LOOOOZER!!

With all the doom-and-gloom forcasts here its small wonder to me that Edmonton is the first Canadian team in contention in how many years?

Hmm... since last season? Calgary was in the finals my friend, they even made it to game 7, unlike Edmonton, who we will see make a speedy exit in game 5.

Carolina is so much more skilled than Edmonton, it's just embarassing to watch, especially that second game. Edmonton's rough and trumble game, playing the hated trap, just doesn't work against that much skill and speed.

I have noticed a trend with Alberta teams playing teams from the US South recently, those republicans we have up here must be in some kind of partnership with their American brethren fixing these games. It just shows that conservatism is the best politics to allow hockey to prosper.

Blah blah blah...I have noticed a trend with Alberta teams playing teams from the US South recently, those republicans ...blah blah

lol. No doubt. Of course you notice this trend, geoffrey. This is 'your trend'. :-)

This is your pattern. Not unlike some people who can only see certain patterns and nothing else, leaving them unable to tie their shoes, but they can multiply 6 double-digit numbers in their head.

You decided long ago that everything has to have something to do with America and the Republicans. I know you're joking but I also know deep down you're not really sure if you are.

Bottom line you pussies is that you need 4 games to win not 2 and not one either, so you can cheer for the other side hidden behind your doom-and-gloom crap and disguising it as an intelligent sceptical observation, but I know.... Edmontonians know, that the truth is yer just jealous and you want us to lose because you Easterners just can't take it when we have something you don't.

Navel gazers like you guys don't get to participate when we win. When we do, to you guys it won’t be that Canada won it but that Alberta won it instead of you and that's just too lame.

Regarding the rant: I can rant. Sue me. :P

Carolina is so much more skilled than Edmonton, it's just embarassing to watch, ....

Embarassing plus! One of the sports writers had this to say about their goaltender:

"Jussi Markkanen often looks like an accident waiting to happen. He flops around the ice like a fish and every time he handles the puck it's an adventure."

The 'Canes in five!!!

I have to wonder what kind of dope some of you folks are smoking. Is Carolina better than Detroit? San Jose? No way. At best, they are on par with the Olers, though the loss of Roli the goalie gives the NASCANES a slight edge in that department. Carolina's D is pretty brutal, too: their only purpose is to serve as human pylons to block shots and clear the fat rebounds Ward allows on every single shot he stops.

Hmm... since last season? Calgary was in the finals my friend, they even made it to game 7, unlike Edmonton, who we will see make a speedy exit in game 5.

Yet the Flames still lost. And this one isn't over.

Why are Calgary fans such whiners? During the Flames run, Edmontonians cast aside tribal loyalties to root for the Flames. There were Flames flags everywhere. Is Calgary reciprocating this year? By all accounts, no. And geoffery's attitude would seem to indicate why. Flames fans only care about the Flames (and only when they are winning). IOW, they are the quintissesntsial bandwagon-jumpers.

I have noticed a trend with Alberta teams playing teams from the US South recently, those republicans we have up here must be in some kind of partnership with their American brethren fixing these games. It just shows that conservatism is the best politics to allow hockey to prosper.

Two years in a row makes a "trend" now??

Carolina's D isn't so bad. They block shots with reckless abandon, and are monsters in the corners. I heard that the Cane's D was bad, on TSN a couple weeks ago, and since then heard it regurgitated over and over.

WATCH HOW THEY PLAY, AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

I think the media likes to write off their D, to hype up their potent offence even more. Then you can play up the Edmonton defense - Cane offence matchup.

Welllllll, I hope yer all happy wit yer selves. It's just gonna hurt all the more when they win the next 3 straight.
Did Edmonton lose yesterday? How many games do they have to win? (I thought it was best 4 out of 7? - I remember this from the old joke about Germany: "We'll make it best 3 out of 5.")

Anyway, I've decided to switch allegiance. I'm now officially in favour of the Edmonton Oilers winning the Stanley Cup (or at least, I don't wish they'll lose).

Why? The World Cup. If I know almost nothing about hockey, I know less than nothing about football. (If I walk into a room, the collective football knowledge falls. Well, not entirely. I know that all the South American footballers have one word names, George Best played football, drank, chatted up birds and from the tabloid covers, I know Posh Spice is married to Becks - first name unknown, but he has one. Becks is not Brazilian, I think.)

To me, I think it's great that the highest honour in ice hockey is given to a team of mixed nationality. Fans in different countries applaud a team of players from different countries. The joy is in the talent of the team.

In football, so I hear on the radio, it's Cuba vs. Angola. (WTF?) Or Croatia vs. Japan. (2 X WTF?) If these people can take out their aggressions on a football pitch instead of a battlefield, then I suppose football is an improvement. But I suspect that, like the Olympics, national teams are just an incitement to national fervour. It's all so European.

Hockey, OTOH, is so North American. It's the team that matters, not the nationality.

I'll wish for an Edmonton win because the Oilers have Finnish, Russian, Canadian and American players. (Is that true?)

Why? The World Cup. If I know almost nothing about hockey,

Yer babbling. Yer hysterical. Yer not making any sense. Get a hold of yerself man. Why not just induce a coma?

Hockey, OTOH, is so North American. It's the team that matters, not the nationality.

I'll wish for an Edmonton win because the Oilers have Finnish, Russian, Canadian and American players. (Is that true?)

How typically cosmopolitan (and Montreal) of you. :-)

Question: Can you still smoke during confessional in Montreal? *

Hockey is the best #!@*%-ing sport since they decided to play The Christians vs. The Lions. Period. What yer talkin is lozer talk.

(you know I'm just ribbin you right August?)

*extra points for the triple burn vs. the French, (city of)Montreal-ers and Catholics!

Why are Calgary fans such whiners? During the Flames run, Edmontonians cast aside tribal loyalties to root for the Flames.

Maybe *you* did :P

There were Flames flags everywhere. Is Calgary reciprocating this year? By all accounts, no. And geoffery's attitude would seem to indicate why. Flames fans only care about the Flames (and only when they are winning). IOW, they are the quintissesntsial bandwagon-jumpers.

The only thing that need be said of the Calgary Flames is that they have not played a game for a month and a half. :)

-k

Dear August1991,

I know Posh Spice is married to Becks - first name unknown, but he has one. Becks is not Brazilian, I think.)
From what I understand, the player in question is David Beckham, an Englishman.
Yes, but then so does almost every team in the NHL. Evidently, Carolina has more Canadian-born players than Edmonton.

In football, so I hear on the radio, it's Cuba vs. Angola. (WTF?) Or Croatia vs. Japan. (2 X WTF?) If these people can take out their aggressions on a football pitch instead of a battlefield, then I suppose football is an improvement. But I suspect that, like the Olympics, national teams are just an incitement to national fervour. It's all so European.

You're comparing a pro league to international play: big difference. Football at the pro club level is even more international than hockey. (FC Barcelona, Champions of Europe, has players from Spain, Brazil, Sweden, France, Argentina, Mexico and Holland).

Other random notes:

* Jussi played great. The first 'canes goal was the result of some dodgy lateral movement, but overall, you can't fault him for the loss. He held the in it and he's probably the only Oiler who can hld his head high today.

* Pronger fucked up. I never thought I'd see those words, let alone write them, but there it is. The big man's giveaway, which led to the winning goal, cost the Oilers the series.

* Sergei Samsanov can get away with a no-look behind the back pass. No one else on the Oilers can, but that did stop them from trying, which cost them at least three quality scoring chances.

* It's almost worth taking two just to run down Ward.

* Meanwhile, the PP stunk. Again. Has there ever been a team in the Finals that has had as many 5 on 3 advantages and faled to capitalize?

* The World Cup is the gretest spectacle in sports.

*If the Oilers lose, I'd rather they do it on the road, not to reward Carolina's fans (screw them), but to spare us the insult of a team from Dixie paradng the Cup around our house.

* No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in the Cup finals. There's a first time for everything.

GOILERS!!!

* Jussi played great. The first 'canes goal was the result of some dodgy lateral movement, but overall, you can't fault him for the loss.

Many a sports writer accuse him of doing that alot. Some call it "dodgy lateral movement", others "flopping around the ice like a fish."

* The World Cup is the gretest spectacle in sports.

That's because soccer is the greatest sport on earth.

The greatest goaltender on earth today is Czech. His name is Cech which translated into English means Czech.

GO CZECHS GO!