Biden threatens law abiding gun owners

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You claim you want background checks but they have to be instant which means they can't be anything but superficial.

That was one part of something like 12 things I offered. 

So you sitting here claiming I want nothing to change because I asked you to explain what you meant by "real" is just a dumb lie. A dumb lazy lie. 

And no, they are not superficial if you have submitted the right paperwork for the people to be in their backgrounds. They routinely work to stop felons and other people who are not allowed to purchase guns from doing so. 

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm not referring to the long gun registry. Canadians have to take a government approved firearms safety course, an exam and undergo extensive background checks that can take some time in order to get a possession and acquisition license, before they can buy or  have possession of a firearm. 

https://getdefended.ca/2023/10/11/step-by-step-how-to-apply-for-a-pal-in-canada-and-navigate-the-application-process/

Bump stocks aren't good for anything other than making a semi auto act like a fully auto. Other than spraying bullets around I don't see what use they would be at a range. 

Exactly, you really don't want anything to change.  

1. I don't get why you oppose the NRA then as they offer a number of safety courses. 

2. Bump stocks are just used to mess around and agree there's no real utility

3 hours ago, West said:

1. I don't get why you oppose the NRA then as they offer a number of safety courses. 

2. Bump stocks are just used to mess around and agree there's no real utility

1. So what, they oppose any mandatory instruction and certification.

2. They were pretty effective at killing people in Las Vegas. 61 killed and 413 wounded. By a single person.

3 hours ago, User said:

That was one part of something like 12 things I offered. 

So you sitting here claiming I want nothing to change because I asked you to explain what you meant by "real" is just a dumb lie. A dumb lazy lie. 

And no, they are not superficial if you have submitted the right paperwork for the people to be in their backgrounds. They routinely work to stop felons and other people who are not allowed to purchase guns from doing so. 

You want everyone packing guns everywhere, including by teachers in school rooms. You really aren't serious. 

How are they checking and who is doing it? Hunter got his gun by lying on an application and there is no process to verify anything he claimed, a gun was sold on nothing but an addict's word.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

You want everyone packing guns everywhere, including by teachers in school rooms. You really aren't serious. 

How are they checking and who is doing it? Hunter got his gun by lying on an application and there is no process to verify anything he claimed, a gun was sold on nothing but an addict's word.

It's a punitive law. He certified he wasn't on drugs. He was punished for lying. If it was a preventative law, he would have had to submit to a drug test.

Maybe... just maybe you will engage with me honestly one day. No where did I say I wanted everyone packing everywhere. I certainly do think those with concealed carry licenses should be allowed to carry more places and teachers with safety standards should be allowed to carry if they want as well. 

Well, if those things are on his record, then it would show up. You don't know if someone is a criminal or not if you don't know. 

How would you ever know if someone was addicted to drugs or not? Are you going to send someone to follow them around and live with them 24/7 for a couple of months?

On 6/13/2024 at 7:05 PM, robosmith said:

^This sounds particularly incompetent and senile. LMAO

To a goose stepping left winger who is incompetent anyway, I guess anything will sound strange.

Most of America gets it. Biden is the worst president in history and he was elected by voter fraud.

23 hours ago, User said:

Yeah, I know what you said, but that doesn't make it any more honest or accurate. 

Here is change I support:

1. Remove "gun-free" zones and allow people with concealed carry permits to carry concealed in schools

2. Allow teachers who wish to be armed, to do so. It can include some minimum standards and safety practices

3. States that are "may issue" states that basically don't allow for concealed carry at all should change to "shall issue" so that people can reasonably obtain concealed carry permits

4. States with high restrictions on where you can carry concealed to the point of absurdity or impracticality should loosen those restrictions effectively ending gun free zones that only stop law abiding people from carrying firearms

5. Mandatory background checks on all firearm sales, BUT open up NICS use to individuals so they can do this on their own and not have to go through an FFL which is a bureaucracy that costs time and $$$ and is not always available in rural areas or smaller towns

6. Red Flag laws, BUT with clear and compelling language that guarantees a path to challenge them and obtain firearms taken

7. Enact universal concealed carry reciprocity across state lines 

8. Hold LEO accountable for their failures on background checks and failing to follow up on known criminals or people with issues that could make them deadly threats

9. Increase security in schools with more SRO's and better plans for physical security and its implementation 

10. Less "restorative justice" in schools and more punishment and removal of known problem children or those with gang affiliations

11. Stop electing left-wing soft on crime DA's who are more interested in "equity" than justice that they do not go after violent criminals or support no-bail policies that let violent criminals or known gang members back on the streets... 

12. Increase penalties for firearm laws that are broken and actually start enforcing the laws currently on the books better

13. More teeth behind Emergency Protection Orders, if people are a proven threat to another, need more than a piece of paper warning them to stay away

Can't dispute a single item. You clearly have thought this out.

Too bad there are !diots with closed minds who want to turn this place into Nazi Germany.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, User said:

Maybe... just maybe you will engage with me honestly one day. No where did I say I wanted everyone packing everywhere. I certainly do think those with concealed carry licenses should be allowed to carry more places and teachers with safety standards should be allowed to carry if they want as well. 

1. Remove "gun-free" zones and allow people with concealed carry permits to carry concealed in schools

2. Allow teachers who wish to be armed, to do so. It can include some minimum standards and safety practices

3. States that are "may issue" states that basically don't allow for concealed carry at all should change to "shall issue" so that people can reasonably obtain concealed carry permits

4. States with high restrictions on where you can carry concealed to the point of absurdity or impracticality should loosen those restrictions effectively ending gun free zones that only stop law abiding people from carrying firearms

Well, if those things are on his record, then it would show up. You don't know if someone is a criminal or not if you don't know. 

Only if they had been convicted and if a state crime, only if that state had sent the history to the federal data base.

How would you ever know if someone was addicted to drugs or not? Are you going to send someone to follow them around and live with them 24/7 for a couple of months?

By actually talking to people who know them. The way real security checks are actually done.

Edited by Aristides

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

1. So what, they oppose any mandatory instruction and certification.

2. They were pretty effective at killing people in Las Vegas. 61 killed and 413 wounded. By a single person.

1. If they were really about the money then they'd be pro forced instruction

2. Nonsense

5 minutes ago, West said:

1. If they were really about the money then they'd be pro forced instruction

2. Nonsense

1. Why would they have a monopoly on instruction if it was mandatory. 

2. Not nonsense at all, the shooter was using AR15's with bump stocks.

Just now, Aristides said:

1. Why would they have a monopoly on instruction if it was mandatory. 

2. Not nonsense at all, the shooter was using AR15's with bump stocks.

The guy was a demented crazy person. To suggest conservative law abiding gun owners are responsible is vile and shows who you are... a political pos who dances on graves

4 minutes ago, West said:

The guy was a demented crazy person. To suggest conservative law abiding gun owners are responsible is vile and shows who you are... a political pos who dances on graves

A demented crazy person who was legally allowed to buy semi auto rifles with bump stocks.

• Thanks 1

Only if they had been convicted and if a state crime, only if that state had sent the history to the federal data base.

Yes, and we should hold them accountable for submitting the data. 

By actually talking to people who know them. The way real security checks are actually done.

We are not doing a "security check" though. This is for buying a weapon, something that 1/3 of all adults and almost half of all households have. There are not enough people in the world to do this kind of a check on someone buying a weapon in any kind of reasonable way. 

2 minutes ago, User said:

Yes, and we should hold them accountable for submitting the data. 

We are not doing a "security check" though. This is for buying a weapon, something that 1/3 of all adults and almost half of all households have. There are not enough people in the world to do this kind of a check on someone buying a weapon in any kind of reasonable way. 

There is actually, many countries do it including Canada. A PAL background check includes interviewing references.

You want to run around sticking your fingers in a dike trying to stop a self inflicted flood.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There is actually, many countries do it including Canada. A PAL background check includes interviewing references.

You want to run around sticking your fingers in a dike trying to stop a self inflicted flood.

Canada does not have gun ownership like America does.