Is Caitlin Clark not Gay or Black Enough for the WBNA?

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You strike me as another in a long line of people who come out of nowhere to want to fight with me. For some reason. 

I'm not interested.

LOL, you are plenty interested in fighting up to the point where your arguments get picked apart, then you usually take the emergency exit and play this game where you fake not being interested....

25 minutes ago, User said:

LOL, you are plenty interested in fighting up to the point where your arguments get picked apart, then you usually take the emergency exit and play this game where you fake not being interested....

Actually there was no fight and that's my point.  I was asking P for a cite when you bounded in and started talking to me.

Listen, you seem ok but wait your turn lest you go on my ignore list.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually there was no fight and that's my point.  I was asking P for a cite when you bounded in and started talking to me.

Listen, you seem ok but wait your turn lest you go on my ignore list.

LOL, I do not care for these silly threats on a public forum. Ignore me, or don't. My comment here was regarding more than this discussion, you pull this silly schtick in several other discussions we have been in. 

You are making public comments on a public forum, and you should expect to receive responses from the public. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, I am just fed up

Angry?

Sarcasm actually.

You suck at sarcasm.

Sea Lioning

You're sea lioning and trolling. 😜

I just wanted to understand context.

A cite for you.

I'm never butthurt

Because you're doing this deliberately looking for conflict.

Just now, Perspektiv said:

1. Angry?

2. You suck at sarcasm.

3. Because you're doing this deliberately looking for conflict.

1. Miffed.

2. Ok, point taken.

3. You misread my intentions.  I want a better forum, and want better posts.  As I said, this place is turning into The View 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Miffed.

2. Ok, point taken.

3. You misread my intentions.  I want a better forum, and want better posts.  As I said, this place is turning into The View 

I may be argumentative, but I will always try to focus on the merits of the post and not make things personal to the best of my ability. I am not perfect. 

Unless someone is taking potshots at me, I may return fire, but I will try to do so in more indirect ways. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Whats not to like?

There lies the problem. The backlash for her skill, has been swift. Veterans to current players publicly throwing shade her way, to dirty plays being made on her, by players not even attempting to hide how much they hate her.

Then there's the Olympic team snub. Some say its because she doesn't match the woke agenda they are pushing. IE being a racial minority, and part of the LGBTQ movement. 

Shes polite, courteous (even when having to answer to venomous comments about her by league peers) and shows love to her fans. But is also a proud catholic.

Is it possible to be too white for basketball?

Is Caitlin Clark not gay or black enough for the WNBA?

Funny how you have to misrepresent the actual arguments from the other side to make it seem like it's crazy wokies out of control lmao.

• Like 1

Miffed.

Same difference. 

Ok, point taken.

I dated a girl who thought sarcasm was just being a c**t. So when people got offended, she would have to let them know she was kidding. 

She thought people didn't get her sarcasm. I think you're suffering from the same issue. Problem is you're not gorgeous with D cup breasts, so people likely won't let it slide, and will hold you to account.

I want a better forum

Be a better poster. 

Notice I have never initiated personal insults towards anyone? 

That's the standard I would prefer. I fall in line to that standard. Keep things to the subject at hand.

"Be the change you seek in the world." Michael Jackson

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

It's not about her skill or some woke agenda as you claimed, obviously.

So what is the complaining about then, when you have folks saying it is pretty/white privilege? When you have folks cheering on her getting hard-fouled? When you have repeated pundits complaining about how a white girl is now making the WNBA more popular....

1 hour ago, User said:

So what is the complaining about then, when you have folks saying it is pretty/white privilege? When you have folks cheering on her getting hard-fouled? When you have repeated pundits complaining about how a white girl is now making the WNBA more popular....

No one is complaining so much as pointing out the double standard. Are they wrong?

2 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

No one is complaining so much as pointing out the double standard. Are they wrong?

What is the double standard you think they are pointing out by using terms like white privilege? 

5 minutes ago, User said:

What is the double standard you think they are pointing out by using terms like white privilege? 

Oh so you don't understand what people are "complaining" about, you just know they're wrong, is that the deal here?

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Oh so you don't understand what people are "complaining" about, you just know they're wrong, is that the deal here?

Nope. 

Here is my question you ignored again:

16 hours ago, Black Dog said:

It's not about her skill or some woke agenda as you claimed, obviously.

Shes white. She has beauty, charisma and is straight and proudly and unapologetically catholic. 

This precisely goes against the woke agenda.

If she isn't highly skilled, she isn't being talked about. Of course its about her skills, but those who hate her the most wish to dismiss this.

She has shooting better than Steph Curry. She could humiliate him from the perimeter. He's even acknowledged it. Her handles on the ball are elite. Her playmaking. Vision. Ice in her veins with the game on the line. Shes the real deal.

Many who are gay and black in the sport, have never been able to carry it or provide it with light.

Shes not even a season in, and is selling out arenas.

You think they want to watch her because she's pretty?

She brings the house down with her skills. Unfortunately, detractors feel its unfair due to her skin color.

They are crass, whereas she has shown nothing but class making them seem pathetic. Making her fanbase grow by the minute.

Nobody talks about the WNBA. Name me one WNBA player that isn't Britney Griner. Exactly.

Shes put a face on the sport. Its just the wrong skin color and sexual orientation.

13 hours ago, User said:

Nope. 

Here is my question you ignored again:

If you don't understand what the arguments are why are you here talking about it?

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Shes white. She has beauty, charisma and is straight and proudly and unapologetically catholic. 

Let's not go crazy, she's an Iowa 8 but a real world 5, max.

This precisely goes against the woke agenda.

lmao retarded.

Many who are gay and black in the sport, have never been able to carry it or provide it with light.

And that's precisely the point. There have been lots of dynamic talents in the WNBA. Clark is getting the spotlight because she's white and straight and so she makes bigots can feel comfortable watching the sport.

They are crass, whereas she has shown nothing but class making them seem pathetic. Making her fanbase grow by the minute.

Nobody talks about the WNBA. Name me one WNBA player that isn't Britney Griner. Exactly.

Shes put a face on the sport. Its just the wrong skin color and sexual orientation.

You also don't seem to understand the argument.

Edited by Black Dog

5 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

If you don't understand what the arguments are why are you here talking about it?

I can only understand what you actually argue. I am not a mind reader. Why do you keep playing these games instead of answering the question?

2 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Let's not go crazy, she's an Iowa 8 but a real world 5, max.

Perhaps to you, but to the point of this thread, she is being criticized for having pretty privilege. 

3 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

And that's precisely the point. There have been lots of dynamic talents in the WNBA. Clark is getting the spotlight because she's white and straight and so she makes bigots can feel comfortable watching the sport.

LOL, there you have it. BINGO! 

You just confirmed exactly what this thread was about. 

15 minutes ago, User said:

Perhaps to you, but to the point of this thread, she is being criticized for having pretty privilege. 

Because a white 5 is more palatable to mooks like you than a Black 9 like Angel Reese. 

LOL, there you have it. BINGO! 

You just confirmed exactly what this thread was about. 

Nope. I know nuance is a foreign country to you but there's a difference between pointing out that Clark is getting attention because she's white (objectively true) and characterizing that argument as some sort of woke backlash.

Edited by Black Dog

55 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Because a white 5 is more palatable to mooks like you than a Black 9 like Angel Reese. 

You keep trying to personalize this with me... I am here talking about what others are saying. 

I don't care about your subjective taste in women. 

56 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Nope. I know nuance is a foreign country to you but there's a difference between pointing out that Clark is getting attention because she's white (objectively true) and characterizing that argument as some sort of woke backlash.

No nuance to it, you called folks bigots. Do you think black people are bigots because they have excellent black actors, musicians, and athletes they can be interested in and look up to? 

34 minutes ago, User said:

No nuance to it, you called folks bigots. Do you think black people are bigots because they have excellent black actors, musicians, and athletes they can be interested in and look up to? 

I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison given the realities of race relations and representation in the United States.