Epoch Times CFO Charged w/Money Laundering

40 minutes ago, West said:

Not surprising lefty DAs are targeting conservative news outlets. They are doing it to churches as well. 

The Globe and Mail is conservative.  Epoch Times is a cult propaganda arm.

But I guess innocent until proven guilty.  And in your case, also after proven guilty.

• Like 1

Hold on there! The Nazional Post isn't conservative. The other day the put the headline about Stronach being charged with sexual assault right above Stronach's op-ed criticizing the Liberals. That proves it's a leftist rag....

On 6/4/2024 at 11:23 AM, Michael Hardner said:

This is the conspiracy rag previously cited/defended on these forums, the propaganda arm of a Chinese cult.

Well, I don't claim to know much about any of this, but I did read the article. A few notes to point out here:

1. Prosecutors noted these charges "do not relate to the Media Company [the Epoch Times'] newsgathering activities".

2. That Chinese Cult is really a group of Chinese Americans who advocate against the Chinese Communist Party. 

8 minutes ago, User said:

Well, I don't claim to know much about any of this, but I did read the article. A few notes to point out here:

1. Prosecutors noted these charges "do not relate to the Media Company [the Epoch Times'] newsgathering activities".

2. That Chinese Cult is really a group of Chinese Americans who advocate against the Chinese Communist Party. 

1. Ok, well birds of a feather...
2. Falun Gong, Falun Dafa...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, well birds of a feather...
2. Falun Gong, Falun Dafa...

It seems you want to argue and be disagreeable. 

I was just sharing some information and context here. 

17 minutes ago, User said:

It seems you want to argue and be disagreeable. 

I was just sharing some information and context here. 

No - I think the point stands that the person who started this publication is involved in this group and the group originates from China out of a health cult.  They used to (probably still do) hand out leaflets on the street.

They are indeed persecuted by China's government but two wrongs doesn't make a right.  I maintain that if people feel it's ok to try to associate individual crimes with immigration without mooring it to statistics, trends or what not then it's more than ok to examine who is behind foreign influence in the media, the type of people they are, and who they're supporting.

• Like 1