Jump to content

Recent immigrants think Canada's immigration targets are too high, prefer Tories to Liberals: poll


Recommended Posts

https://archive.ph/SYRGM

Among people who immigrated to Canada in the last decade, more think Canada’s latest immigration targets will bring in too many people, a newly released Leger poll suggests

The poll also suggests strongest support for federal Conservatives among Canadian immigrants — most notably among Chinese immigrants, whose support for the Tories outpaced the Liberals nearly three-to-one.

https://leger360.com/political-alignment-of-newcomers-to-canada/

Click chart for larger image.

image.thumb.png.6df56e82ef949292309a7c53f7cca644.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Previous studies have strongly shown that the idea that all immigrants vote liberal is not accurate, but honestly it seems to be getting worse for the libs and more immigrants might well be voting CPC not liberal when they finally win the right to vote.

If justin thoght insanely high levels of immigration would somehow help his election chances....  nope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CdnFox said:

If justin thoght insanely high levels of immigration would somehow help his election chances

This is a common political tactic. 

I think many immigrants will vote, based on their individual needs.

You make many wish to vote against you, if your policies are hurting the very people you choose to bring in.

My wife has immigrated to Canada, appreciated the opportunities this has given her. 

However, is not happy with how much of her pay goes to the government. 

I know so many immigrants who work their butts off to reach the middle class, only to have more of their hard earned efforts be taken from them, to redistribute wealth socially, vs addressing the cost of living crisis head on.

My wife as an example, comes from a country that is heavily conservative. God fearing.

The first time she experienced someone demanding to be called "they", was so confusing to her, as it defied logic.

"Don't ask questions, you can lose your job, just do it, just because" was the advice she got.

More policies that hurt her, have soured her on Trudeau. 

He is eerily similar to the Philippines current leader, Marcos who is despised by many.

IE silver spoon fed child of a dictator, with a much softer image, but incredibly incompetent, and overspending causing the people he so called protects, to be mired in even more poverty and struggles.

I would be shocked if that demographic of people would vote for someone like this.

Many African people are highly conservative. Indian people. I know so many Indian business owners, ranting about the financial squeeze being put on them.

Trudeau wants the "ultra rich" to pay even more.

Quite a few small business owners, medical professionals and the like are essentially being targeted, after struggling so badly during covid.

Telling a clinic owning doctor to pay their "fair share" am sure will go down well, after many have felt hung out to dry.

My doctor is quitting and switching careers, and there will be more to come.

The sheer lack of awareness of unintended consequences, is baffling.

Trudeau if competent, could possibly pull this off (swaying voters).

But his sheer incompetence will make things more miserable for Canadians, wanting relief from this, demanding change at the ballot box.

I will be no different.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many immigrants are from the third world and do not share historic Judeo-Christian values.  

Many also do not feel any allegiance to Canada as we see from all the large pro Palestine protests and even blocking roads and other infrastructure.

Many seem to believe we are a post-national state and belong to the rest of world.  That might explain why Liberals give over 7 billion dollars a year of taxpayer money to foreign aid. 

How many liberal cabinet ministers are WASPs (white Anglo Saxon Protestants).  None, zero and never will be.  They do not qualify.  

The best qualifications to become a Liberal cabinet minister seem to be:

1.  Be a racial minority person.

2.  Be from the third world.

3.  Be from Quebec.

4.  Be bilingual of course.

5.  Be a Romanist or a member of a one of the third world religions.

6.  Have some kind of papers from a university.

7.  Be a lawyer.

8.  Become a Liberal MP.

 9.  Be woke. (most important)

10.  Be a U.N. kind of person.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2024 at 5:24 AM, Perspektiv said:

This is a common political tactic. 

I think many immigrants will vote, based on their individual needs.

You make many wish to vote against you, if your policies are hurting the very people you choose to bring in.

My wife has immigrated to Canada, appreciated the opportunities this has given her. 

However, is not happy with how much of her pay goes to the government. 

I know so many immigrants who work their butts off to reach the middle class, only to have more of their hard earned efforts be taken from them, to redistribute wealth socially, vs addressing the cost of living crisis head on.

My wife as an example, comes from a country that is heavily conservative. God fearing.

The first time she experienced someone demanding to be called "they", was so confusing to her, as it defied logic.

"Don't ask questions, you can lose your job, just do it, just because" was the advice she got.

More policies that hurt her, have soured her on Trudeau. 

He is eerily similar to the Philippines current leader, Marcos who is despised by many.

IE silver spoon fed child of a dictator, with a much softer image, but incredibly incompetent, and overspending causing the people he so called protects, to be mired in even more poverty and struggles.

I would be shocked if that demographic of people would vote for someone like this.

Many African people are highly conservative. Indian people. I know so many Indian business owners, ranting about the financial squeeze being put on them.

Trudeau wants the "ultra rich" to pay even more.

Quite a few small business owners, medical professionals and the like are essentially being targeted, after struggling so badly during covid.

Telling a clinic owning doctor to pay their "fair share" am sure will go down well, after many have felt hung out to dry.

My doctor is quitting and switching careers, and there will be more to come.

The sheer lack of awareness of unintended consequences, is baffling.

Trudeau if competent, could possibly pull this off (swaying voters).

But his sheer incompetence will make things more miserable for Canadians, wanting relief from this, demanding change at the ballot box.

I will be no different.

The challenge for Poilievre will be undoing the structural mess this radical left government has enshrined.  How will they cut the 40% additional bureaucracy created under Trudeau?  How will they eliminate programs geared to the least productive people?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The challenge for Poilievre will be undoing the structural mess this radical left government has enshrined.  How will they cut the 40% additional bureaucracy created under Trudeau?  How will they eliminate programs geared to the least productive people?

Well it won't happen overnight but it can happen without too much trouble.  Obviously the number one way is attrition.  You don't hire when someone retires.  Then there's restructuring.  You can repurpose people in wasteful positions in new positions that actually do something and then have automation do their old stuff - like making use of web pages to reduce the number of staff necessary to process passports which frees up staff to do other things.

It will boil down to how his back door negotiations with the unions go.  They know he has the power to do massive lay offs,  he knows they have the power to make his life hell. They sit down and it's going to be "we'll let you repurpose a bunch of our people if you let us work from home more".  "I'll look at raising your wages if you let me do automation to slow the growth of the workforce so they're more productive."   Etc.

It ain't easy - but Polievre has been in politics for 25 years now and he's seen quite a bit.  He knows the ropes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

How will they eliminate programs geared to the least productive people?

Can't say I have the answers, but Trudeau truly is a master of growing his government and through it, will make it painfully difficult for a anyone trying to undo nearly half a generation of damage.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

He knows the ropes.

People not getting free money thrown at them, won't be happy about it. Especially so, after nearly a decade of it.

People who contribute to society, seem to be disposable with the current voice running the show.

But if you just got to Canada, get a free cheque 4 times a year just for having a family, free dental care for your kids and the like. You may overlook Trudeau's incompetence. Especially so, if you come from levels of corruption he doesn't get remotely near.

I have spoken to quite a few newcomers who don't know any wiser on Canadian policies, and to them Trudeau is the best thing since sliced bread.

He knows his base, and being overly confident will give a sinking ship a new lease on life, if Poilievre removes his foot from the gas for even a millisecond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...