the way to heaven, abolish money

On 4/10/2024 at 11:23 AM, French Patriot said:

Gifts of different value sounds exactly like the bills coming out of my wallet.

You are not changing anything.

All you are doing is changing the nomenclature.

Show how you would end poverty when the poor have no gifts to trade and then you will have my ear.

Changing your name would not make your idea sound so stop trying to substitute the word gift for money.

There is no trade in the country on gift économy, just between countriies.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 4:29 PM, babetteteets said:

Hey, I appreciate your perspective. While living in a world without money sounds ideal, it's also important to consider practicalities. Money facilitates trade and helps meet diverse needs efficiently. Volunteering is indeed fulfilling, but for many, it's not feasible to sustain life without income. Finding a balance between monetary transactions and altruistic actions might lead to a more harmonious society.

. If you want to spend more time volunteering instead of working 9-5, check out this guide on how to make more how to make more money for some side hustle tips. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

If you don't charge money and give your products or services instead it is a gift.

If you grow carrots for a living and someone doesn't need carrots... what are you gifting them? 

Do you just carry around a truckload of carrots everywhere you go to gift people? How is that practical? What happens when you have too many carrots and can't practically gift them all, do they just rot?

1 minute ago, User said:

If you grow carrots for a living and someone doesn't need carrots... what are you gifting them? 

Do you just carry around a truckload of carrots everywhere you go to gift people? How is that practical? What happens when you have too many carrots and can't practically gift them all, do they just rot?

You just bring your carrots to be distributed in grocery stores and you also take what you need for free

34 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

You just bring your carrots to be distributed in grocery stores and you also take what you need for free

It’s a Carrort farm man. All the person does is grow carrots. How does he get them all to all the stores by himself when his time is spent farming them? 

12 minutes ago, User said:

It’s a Carrort farm man. All the person does is grow carrots. How does he get them all to all the stores by himself when his time is spent farming them? 

The truck drivers are driving for free also not only the producers of carrots

44 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Because the community need carrots to eat and it makes him feel happy to do that.

How does any of the truck drivers know the community wants carrots? are they full time carrot drivers? How do they know to move their family and life and get a home near the carrots and what stores to deliver to?

What if everyone wants asparagus instead? 

it’s a gift economy, so what prevents people from wanting and taking something more than they might otherwise? Asparagus is usually harder to grow, so why is someone going to grow asparagus? Why stops someone from coming into the store and taking it all?

8 hours ago, User said:

How does any of the truck drivers know the community wants carrots? are they full time carrot drivers? How do they know to move their family and life and get a home near the carrots and what stores to deliver to?

What if everyone wants asparagus instead? 

it’s a gift economy, so what prevents people from wanting and taking something more than they might otherwise? Asparagus is usually harder to grow, so why is someone going to grow asparagus? Why stops someone from coming into the store and taking it all?

We will grow what is necessary put it in trains or trucks running with non polluant hydrogen and bring it to groceries and people don't take more they can eat.

13 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

We will grow what is necessary put it in trains or trucks running with non polluant hydrogen and bring it to groceries and people don't take more they can eat.

Who is this "we" and who is running all these trains and trucks? 

Let me cut right to the chase since my rhetorical questions are not getting through. The complexity behind how things work in a free market is beyond control and works best when free people are free to engage in trade of their goods and services, something a gift economy does not achieve.  I suggest you watch a video called I, Pencil. 

To my point about asparagus... why would people only take what they need and what happens when everyone wants asparagus even if it is only what they need? Asparagus costs more, because it is harder to produce and the cost reflects that. 

Lets make this a little more apparent. In your gift economy, what happens when everyone wants a Lamborghini?  

1 hour ago, User said:

Who is this "we" and who is running all these trains and trucks? 

Let me cut right to the chase since my rhetorical questions are not getting through. The complexity behind how things work in a free market is beyond control and works best when free people are free to engage in trade of their goods and services, something a gift economy does not achieve.  I suggest you watch a video called I, Pencil. 

To my point about asparagus... why would people only take what they need and what happens when everyone wants asparagus even if it is only what they need? Asparagus costs more, because it is harder to produce and the cost reflects that. 

Lets make this a little more apparent. In your gift economy, what happens when everyone wants a Lamborghini?  

Products available are made by working and it is not necessary to be paid to work. Money is just make things more complicated and a lost of man power, so many people work is necessary to take count of everything done.

2 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Products available are made by working and it is not necessary to be paid to work. Money is just make things more complicated and a lost of man power, so many people work is necessary to take count of everything done.

OK. You are not actually defending your assertions here from critical review though.

its sounds nice, but clearly you have not given much thought to how it actually functions as you are not prepared for these kinds of challenging questions. 

17 minutes ago, User said:

OK. You are not actually defending your assertions here from critical review though.

its sounds nice, but clearly you have not given much thought to how it actually functions as you are not prepared for these kinds of challenging questions. 

It works the same way it is now the money in less.

14 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Not is not an argument, you got to say why ''not''

Not when it is you who made the baseless assertion about the gift economy, balked at challenging questions, ignored my previous points, just to make another baseless assertion again.

Which is why I say: clearly not. 

30 minutes ago, User said:

Not when it is you who made the baseless assertion about the gift economy, balked at challenging questions, ignored my previous points, just to make another baseless assertion again.

Which is why I say: clearly not. 

I answered your questions if you don't understand you got to tell me where or you are just an hypocrite who fakes to not understand.

46 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

I perfectly answered your post, you got to tell me what you don't unserstand with arguments or you are just a faker who lost.

No, you completely ignored my questions and the point regarding how the free market economy works. 

Further, the fact that you have to resort to calling me names like faker, shows that you can't even muster up enough grace to offer me a better gift of exchange here and want us to believe an entire economy based on gifts would work and be better. 

5 minutes ago, User said:

No, you completely ignored my questions and the point regarding how the free market economy works. 

Further, the fact that you have to resort to calling me names like faker, shows that you can't even muster up enough grace to offer me a better gift of exchange here and want us to believe an entire economy based on gifts would work and be better. 

There is no difference between your free market economy and the gift economy except that the gift economy is easier since it doesn't use money, if you disagree tell me why or shut up.