No New Road Infastructure for Canadians

Canadian environment minister mentioned the controversial statements of not putting any funding on new road building projects.

Specifically, "our government has made the decision to stop investing in new road infrastructure".

This statement has confused many, considering the push for greener vehicles.

The statement was clarified several times, to no avail in tamping down the controversy.

Brings the argument to the table. Should Canada invest more in better mass transportation systems and bike path infrastructure?

These guys don't have a clue and they certainly have no plan.  I mean - you can't bring in a million new people a year and then not build roads. That's just not a thing. Even if the people sit at home you're going to need to move supplies around and increase roadways between major metros and the outlying areas.

They just seem to say or come up with whatever pops into justin's head with no thought to the bigger picture.

Great analysis by CBC, once again debunking the myth that. BC and the MSM in general are outlets of Liberal party or “liberals” that need to be “defunded”. I doubt you’ll ever see Rebel media or any conservative news site excoriate the conservative party in such fashion. 

Theres no plausible explanation for the “no new roads” statements other than Liberal cabinet has written a really bad policy or a senior cabinet minister has gone terribly off script and communicating something which cabinet is actually not in agreement on  which speaks ti serious dysfunction. Either way it just shows it going from bad to worse for the Libs

6 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Great analysis by CBC, once again debunking the myth that. BC and the MSM in general are outlets of Liberal party or “liberals” that need to be “defunded”.

LOL - nice try :)   They need to be defunded - we're 100 percent past that decision kiddo :)

I doubt you’ll ever see Rebel media or any conservative news site excoriate the conservative party in such fashion. 

Sure they do.  But it's not really relevant - nobody's asking YOU to pay for rebel news so if you don't like what they say you don't have to give them your money.  And soon the cbc will be the same - you can pay out of YOUR pocket if you like them but no more from mine. Public funding should end.

Theres no plausible explanation for the “no new roads” statements other than Liberal cabinet has written a really bad policy or a senior cabinet minister has gone terribly off script and communicating something which cabinet is actually not in agreement on  which speaks ti serious dysfunction. Either way it just shows it going from bad to worse for the Libs

Well i think the idea was that new roads attract new cars and cars r bad mkay?  But honestly not many of their decisions these days make much sense. They are  so out of steam it isn't funny and honestly have been since 2019. They are 2 elections past their stale date.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

I mean - you can't bring in a million new people a year and then not build roads.

He corrected himself after the backlash to that he was alluding to investing more on public transit and cycling infrastructure. 

I mean, I bike in the summer, but I do drive in the winter months.

So, should more investment go to public transit?

47 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Theres no plausible explanation for the “no new roads”

You would make cities like Toronto reach status levels where they are the home to the worst highways in the west, vs simply being among the worst in North America.

I don't understand how you would want to make life harder for motorists, considering that many of these would eventually be EV drivers.

It would defy logic.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

He corrected himself after the backlash to that he was alluding to investing more on public transit and cycling infrastructure. 

Ahhh - well no surprise. He's still a dink.  I love that he thinks a million people will show up and all start pedalling wherever they're going in OUR winters.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I love that he thinks a million people will show up and all start pedalling wherever they're going in OUR winters.

Short-sighted and lacking vision.

There is no way I cycle in the winter.

I used to, but realized the cold wasn't the issue, it rather was the fact that road salt ate my bike chains and all steel components forcing me to prematurely replace my bicycle. I got sick of it, so stopped doing so.

I was extreme, as most wouldn't want to be out in the cold biking, to begin with.

Lets be real. A fat office worker that hops in their car, to drive down the block to get drive thru isn't biking or walking anywhere.

5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Short-sighted and lacking vision.

There is no way I cycle in the winter.

I used to, but realized the cold wasn't the issue, it rather was the fact that road salt ate my bike chains and all steel components forcing me to prematurely replace my bicycle. I got sick of it, so stopped doing so.

I was extreme, as most wouldn't want to be out in the cold biking, to begin with.

Lets be real. A fat office worker that hops in their car, to drive down the block to get drive thru isn't biking or walking anywhere.

blogs-24.thumb.webp.fa61695be501c4e70a176498d0f0c857.webp

Mabye?  LOL :P

I suppose the fat guys could tie a husky's leash on the front and hope for the best.

The biggest problem with the liberals is that they don't actually think of a "Plan" - they have a lot of individual ideas and they don't stop to think about how one will affect the other.

They want more immigrants, but they don't stop to think about how that will impact housing availability and inflation.  THey want less 'carbon' but they don't think how that will impact our economy or tax base.   They want carbon taxes but they don't think  about how that will impact people during bad winters.

ANd it leads to disaster.

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

blogs-24.thumb.webp.fa61695be501c4e70a176498d0f0c857.webp

Would totally be karma to watch those cyclists for whom red lights and stop signs are invisible, think they could seamlessly drive onto cement after hopping off the sidewalks at will. The wipe outs would be like cracking a wine bottle after victory.

25 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I suppose the fat guys could tie a husky's leash on the front and hope for the best.

That's animal cruelty O_O

25 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The biggest problem with the liberals is that they don't actually think of a "Plan" - they have a lot of individual ideas and they don't stop to think about how one will affect the other.

Am sure I mentioned it before, but remember watching a speaker at a university on Youtube. What caught my attention wasn't what was said, was the individual whims of the crowd needing to be respected throughout.

I lasted through about 7 minutes of it, before I had enough.

I.E After something great to the crowd was said, there was applause. The speaker was interrupted by one of the organizers on the mic, scolding the crowd, in how applause may be triggering to some people in the crowd. They were encouraged to have their hands face the speaker, and wiggle their fingers.

No wait, this can be triggering to such and such once they saw the interruptions this caused visually. They literally spent a solid 5 minutes trying to figure out the best approach, and at this point am massaging my temples, thinking they can't possibly be serious.

I had enough, and unfortunately closed out of the page, frustrated I wasted 7 minutes of my life I couldn't get back.

That literally is far leftist liberals in a nutshell. Acting in what they feel is of good faith, but aren't getting s*** done, and further alienate themselves by being viewed as snowflakes as a result because of their inability to cope with life, yet telling others how to live theirs.

Long story short, essentially--what you said, in the lack of preparation or thought about the unintended consequences. Possibly why cities run by far leftists tend to have tent cities, high drug addiction, homelessness and skyrocketing crime rates. Buuut, at least people are less offensive.