The third secret of Fatima

This also consern politic. The revelations of Fatima are very serious because during the apparitions there were miracles seen by tens of thousands of people that are proof of this.

J.M.J. The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fatima, on 13 July 1917.

“I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.

“After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendor that Our Lady radiated toward him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!‘

And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it’ a bishop dressed in white ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father.’

“Other bishops, priests, men and women religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big cross of roughhewn trunks as of a cork tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other bishops, priests, men and women religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the cross there were two angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.”

The scenes that Sister Lúcia recalled are intense and wildly descriptive. We can only imagine what the three young visionaries experienced and thought upon receiving the great prophetic secrets of Fatima that day. The words and visions given by God and the Blessed Mother are meant for all of us.

Sister Lúcia’s Interpretation of the Third Secret

Almost 40 years later, in a May 1982 letter to Pope John Paul II, Sister Lúcia gave an interpretation of the third secret. She wrote: “The third part of the secret refers to Our Lady’s words: ‘If not, [Russia] will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred; the Holy Father will have much to suffer; various nations will be annihilated.’ The third part of the secret is a symbolic revelation, referring to this part of the message, conditioned by whether we accept or not what the message itself asks of us: ‘If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world.'”

(Definition of penance from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

penance | AMERICAN DICTIONARY

penance

activity that shows you regret some previous action, sometimes for religious reasons:

I interpret it as the way that we have to stop and regret the conspiracies against the Russians and the Palestinians, and it is urgent if we don't want what Sister Lucia described will come true.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and caldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

In the caldron boil and bake;

Eye of newt and toe of frog,

Wool of bat and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and caldron bubble.

Cool it with a baboon's blood,

Then the charm is firm and good.

I do not receive those words from Legato, they have no part of me.

I have to admit that I did not know what fatima was, or meant.  I saw the thread title, and assumed it must have to do with something in the muslim tradition.  That said, I have not had much to do with the Catholic tradition, but the Catholics I have rubbed shoulders with in my life have always been upright, fair and kind to me.  In fact, in 2 separate instances, my then new career was greatly aided by catholic folk who took a chance on me. 

I am curious about these fatima secrets, or whatever because I've heard of people having very serious dreams and such about the near future.  One such saw a plague coming over the world, which turned out to be Covid.  Another saw Russia attacking Ukraine.  It was seen that Roe vs Wade was going to fall.  Like I said, very intriguing stuff.  Now that I think of it, the economic disaster that was 1979-1980 was seen, my parents had a book describing the events and were able to prepare for it.  Many family friends went bankrupt at that time.

This clip has an interesting take on Carlson’s recent interview with Putin with regard to Fatima.  It also mentions the strange dismantling of the Catholic Church that seems to be coming right from the top.  It’s no coincidence that these two topics are mentioned in the same episode: