Rachel Notley to step down as Alberta NDP leader

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rachel-notley-announces-intention-to-step-down-as-alberta-ndp-leader-1.7085037

Well honestly that last election did NOT go well.  She had every advantage and could not pull off a win. Plus her face looks like a dried apple, and while that shouldnt' matter it does.

It'll be interesting to see if they can attract some real talent or if nobody worth it is going to bother.

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Plus her face looks like a dried apple, and while that shouldnt' matter it does.

Rate your polioticasl reasoning alongside the guy who'd never vote Socred again as they removed the plimsol line on the beer mug so they could short pour....
So celebrate the "squeaked" a win by an obstructionist, reprehensible, M(Alberta)GA epitome of backwardness as a huge victory and major accomplishment.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Rate your polioticasl reasoning alongside the guy who'd never vote Socred again as they removed the plimsol line on the beer mug so they could short pour....

"Days without using cough syrup: 0"

So celebrate the "squeaked" a win by an obstructionist, reprehensible, M(Alberta)GA epitome of backwardness as a huge victory and major accomplishment.

She won handily - and that's with the cbc printing what they later admitted was false accusations about her all campaign, the challenges the UPC brand had up to that point, the conflict of interest ruling, and a bunch of other negative crap. It just doesn't get any better than that and potato-face couldn't get a win in.

And it was a crappy campaign from the get go.  I really actually did expect her to put up a better fight.

Really? While I was taking photos for a website I heard from quite a few Albortions with 44 ft RVs towing cabin cruisers how horrible life under Notley and the NDP was.
When I went to Alberta everyone was working and Help Wanted signs were everywhere. I must have dreamed that.

On 1/16/2024 at 11:07 PM, CdnFox said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rachel-notley-announces-intention-to-step-down-as-alberta-ndp-leader-1.7085037

Well honestly that last election did NOT go well.  She had every advantage and could not pull off a win. Plus her face looks like a dried apple, and while that shouldnt' matter it does.

It'll be interesting to see if they can attract some real talent or if nobody worth it is going to bother.

Another communist bites the dust.  Whoopee! 😁

On 1/16/2024 at 11:07 PM, CdnFox said:

22 minutes ago, herbie said:

Really? While I was taking photos for a website I heard from quite a few Albortions with 44 ft RVs towing cabin cruisers how horrible life under Notley and the NDP was.
When I went to Alberta everyone was working and Help Wanted signs were everywhere. I must have dreamed that.

What is an "Albortions"? Just asking. 

Was that when you were helping someone triple their home value with your credit card? :)

You'll understand if theres' a litlte doubt about you doing extensive polling in alberta when on a photography job.

There were problems with notley's time in power. Some likely exaggerated in the minds of detractors, some probably downplayed by those who were fans. Her laughing her ass off at the farmers did NOT help.

but obviously she could not paint a picture of how she'd make the province stronger this time, and as i noted her campaign really was horribly lackluster. She had the high ground and should have had an easier time of it but just had a miserable campaign.

It is what it is, the people wanted something else and now she's kind of 'branded'. Better for a new face to come and paint a vision that can appeal to people a little more.

4 hours ago, herbie said:

Alberta has always been like this for the past 25 years.  The "help wanted" signs and labour shortage of the 2000s was like nothing I had ever seen.