Harper killed Last Night, Welcome Mr. Prime Minister

I can't believe how great Harper did last night. He had Layton sobbing in the corner scared to respond. He had Martin grasping on straws and forcing him to make up policies on the spot (removal of the notwithstandingclause)

He looked like the future Prime Minister of Canada yesterday. Almost like Mulrooney. Strong. Bold. Ready. He took on every issue with poise and stabillity. If I were to vote based on their performance, I would give Harper a 9.9/10.

Everybody get ready to welcome our New Prime Minister.

Come january 23rd, welcome to office Prime Minister Harper. :):):):)

I can't believe how great Harper did last night. He had Layton sobbing in the corner scared to respond. He had Martin grasping on straws and forcing him to make up policies on the spot (removal of the notwithstandingclause)

He looked like the future Prime Minister of Canada yesterday. Almost like Mulrooney. Strong. Bold. Ready. He took on every issue with poise and stabillity. If I were to vote based on their performance, I would give Harper a 9.9/10.

You must have seen a different debate than most people.

Hahahahahaha

Conservative TV

CTV = Conservative TV?

Given CTV vice-president Charle Bird's close ties to the Liberals, that's kind of a silly claim, don't you think?

-k

You obviously haven't been watching NewsNet on a regular basis. It seems like the only guy who brings up conservative gaffs is Duffy.

Did anybody else see him read off the Conservative response to the debate minutes BEFORE the debate started. They already had it written and were slamming Paul Martin for being negative, before the debate had even happened.

Why wouldn't the CTV employees be pro-conservative? Their tax dollars pay for part of their competion's salary. Something that would likely disappear under a pro-privatization conservative govt. I am not saying it is a company policy, more of an individual perspective that is given to most stories.

He looked like the future Prime Minister of Canada yesterday. Almost like Mulrooney.
I think the Conservatives should play that up as much as possible. Nothing can possibly go wrong by comparing Harper to one of the most hated PM's in history.
When was the last time we had a PM that left office without being reviled or ridiculed by >50% of the population?

Hahahahahaha

Conservative TV

CTV = Conservative TV?

Given CTV vice-president Charle Bird's close ties to the Liberals, that's kind of a silly claim, don't you think?

-k

You obviously haven't been watching NewsNet on a regular basis. It seems like the only guy who brings up conservative gaffs is Duffy.

Did anybody else see him read off the Conservative response to the debate minutes BEFORE the debate started. They already had it written and were slamming Paul Martin for being negative, before the debate had even happened.

Why wouldn't the CTV employees be pro-conservative? Their tax dollars pay for part of their competion's salary. Something that would likely disappear under a pro-privatization conservative govt. I am not saying it is a company policy, more of an individual perspective that is given to most stories.

CTV Newsnet's format-- short-cycle headline news format-- is specified by the CRTC, and Newsnet is not permitted to devote more than a small portion of its broadcast schedule to anything other than headline news. (read about it here: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Decision.../db2005-131.htm ) In otherwords, if you want indepth analysis of the election, you're watching the wrong channel. Newsnet's government-mandated 15-minute "newsreel" format means headlines... and the Liberal gaffs have been headline-grabbers.

-k

sam please no jokes ! we're in the middle of a serious election. my stomach was already churning from last night's spicy lasagna, and now you made it worst. like i say my friend, dreams are for free !

I am not as big a booster as Sam, but I think Harper did as best as could be expected.

He didn`t lose any votes, and did enough to keep the momentum moving in his direction.

btw how weak is your stomache that *spicy* lasagna could make it churn? :lol:

sam please no jokes ! we're in the middle of a serious election. my stomach was already churning from last night's spicy lasagna, and now you made it worst. like i say my friend, dreams are for free !