US Federal Debt: Ponzi Scheme?

August1991

12 hours ago, sharkman said:

Let me say it again since you seem to have missed it.  Actions speak louder than words.  Let me also add:  sometimes the truth is so precious, she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.  That's a Churchill quote.

Sure.  Actions speak louder than words.  What I think you're struggling with is what those actions are speaking to.  

12 hours ago, sharkman said:

BTW, why didn't you link Buffet's quote that you were referring to?  No I haven't heard what his latest comments are, but there are quotes from 3 days ago, today, and other releases.  I'm not going to read them all, trying to winnow out which one you are referring to. 

I'm just thinking if you're so interested in what Buffet said and what he's doing, you may have read (or listened to the transcript) of his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders explaining why.  It's out there for the public to see. 🤷‍♂️

On 2/28/2024 at 8:12 AM, Moonbox said:

… 

I'm just thinking if you're so interested in what Buffet said and what he's doing, you may have read (or listened to the transcript) of his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders explaining why.  It's out there for the public to see. 🤷‍♂️

No, I’m not that interested in what Buffet said or says.  I explained that already, it’s what they DO that matters.  Plus I’m not watching just Buffet, like I explained already, I’m keeping track of multiple movers and shakers.

Here’s another story involving such people and that they’ve exited over 11 billion out of the stock market:

https://fortune.com/2024/02/27/the-great-cashout-jeff-bezos-leon-black-jamie-dimon-and-the-walton-family-have-now-sold-a-combined-11-billion-in-company-stock-this-month-some-for-the-first-time-ever/amp/

High-profile CEOs, founders, and heirs are selling stock by the bucketload in the companies that made them billionaires. For nearly the entire bunch, share prices are trading near all-time highs.

Jeff Bezos sold Amazon sharesworth $8.5 billion in multiple transactions this month. Meanwhile, Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, sold $150 million in stock last week, 

Mark Zuckerberg unloaded about 1.4 million shares of Meta stock worth roughly $638 million, according to an analysis from insider stock sales data firm Verity. This latest batch of sales came after previously culling 588,200 shares in November, 688,400 in December, and 447,200 in January.”

Jamie Dimon, Jeff Bezoz, the Walmart owners-Waltons, Zuckerberg. This is on top of what Buffet’s been doing.  It’s significant, they are reducing their exposure to the markets because they expect a significant drop in the market.  If everything was fine they simply wouldn’t be exiting the markets in these numbers. 

Yes, but you still don't understand why they're selling, and at what prices.  

A good investor cashes out when their investment is being overvalued.  

image.thumb.png.fe40143dbc8e68560eea02718e356c59.png

Amazon is trading at 60x it's earnings right now and grossly overvalued.   Jeff Bezos will happily take advantage.

image.thumb.png.b1855c144f806c88c29c3aea95e29d26.png

META is selling at 32x earnings.  Mark Zuckerberg will do the same.  

image.thumb.png.d3cc5eb9ef285801a4590fa1bb13758e.png

JP Morgan is at an all-time high as well, so Mr. Dimon will cash out as well.  

There is no mystery here.  This is the oldest investing dynamic in the book.  Markets go up, people hop on the bandwagon, which makes it go up more, which gets more people on the bandwagon.  Eventually, the big money and the smart money sees it's unsustainable and ridiculous, sells ahead of everyone else, and the prices start to go down.  This triggers a reverse bandwagon, with silly emotional investors panicking and selling, driving prices down, making more people panic sell, driving prices down further and faster.  This is where the Warren Buffets step in and starts buying, and thanks the average investor for being a rube.  That's what he's done lately.  That's what he says he's been doing.  That's what he's been doing his whole career.   

Of course it’s no mystery and I’m not claiming some sort of mystery.  All I’m saying is the smart money is leaving the market, taking profits because they know a major market drop is coming.  
The problem is people like you, if you are what you are representing yourself as. Telling people(your clients) not to take their holdings out of the markets when the smart money is beginning to move.  Because your totals would go down and you might lose bonuses.  Again, if are what you say you are.

Its industry wide.  The financial sector in general.  I have several colleagues and family members who are following this type of advice, and they are going to take a bath when the market shifts.  

I’m doing what the smart money is doing.  The dumb money is buying in at the peak.  With encouragement from people like you.  

Edited by sharkman

On 3/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, sharkman said:

I’m doing what the smart money is doing.  The dumb money is buying in at the peak.  

That's literally what I just got done saying...

On 3/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, sharkman said:

With encouragement from people like you.  

What about my last post gave you any indication whatsoever that's what I'm telling people to do?  I just got done encouraging the opposite...🙄