Shoplife in NYC. Why not? Nobody will stop you

THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE "LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISEASE" SECTION.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/shoplifting-crisis-nightmare-here-5-things-ex-nypd-inspector-wants-know

The shoplifting crisis is a nightmare. Here are 5 things this ex-NYPD inspector wants you to know

Terrifying spike in thefts like shoplifting has Americans wondering if this is the new normal

What is behind this nightmare?

1. The post-Floyd ‘criminal justice reform’ movement 

As a rebuke to the broken windows era of policing – in which an imposed sense of order was the key to preempting crime – legislatures across the country have instituted new regimes that are all carrot and no stick. 

2. Many crimes today go unreported, because victims feel the system won’t help them   

In the case of stolen packages, most victims have clearly decided "that’s just the way things are," and complain instead to Amazon and other shippers. Who generally just ship a replacement (and if you don’t think that cost is passed onto consumers…).  

This is certainly true about New York, where the crooked prosecutor went after LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP in a series of illegal indictments, while New York TAXPAYERS were left to the wolves.

3. Many of these large shoplifting groups are now organized 

The fact that 50 youths could arrive at a single location and simultaneously charge a luxury store – and that, as we’ve noted, this is not unique – points to an obvious level of coordination. Most likely, through the use of difficult-to-penetrate instant messages and encrypted phone apps like Telegram

4. There is no avoiding the issue of race 

That the videos almost always show groups of Black youths gang-rushing these stores has induced a cognitive dissonance, and collective silence, from our media class. Clearly, this is not how the criminal justice reforms were supposed to look. But there is simply no response within the media’s worldview that does not run the risk of eliciting the dreaded cry of, "racism!"  

This is why we know that public schools in blue states are definitely inferior. They graduate generations of ignorant voters who elect idi0ts like this.

Oh, and if you are a blue stater and you don't like the results, DON'T EVEN FUGGING THINK OF MOVING TO FLORIDA. WE DON'T WANT YOUR FUGGING MENTALLY RETARDED ASS DOWN HERE, NOT EVEN AS A TOURIST.

STAY UP THERE AND WALLOW IN THE SHIT YOU VOTED FOR, AZZHOLE!

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Indeed the shop life is grand in New York...

Having seen shop life in NYC up close last year.. it was was quite nice. Went to comic book stores, record stores, book stores, and was quite impressed. Could there have been folks shoplifting? Possibly.. obscure punk rock albums on vinyl do not have much street value. 

shopping-in-new-york-scaled.jpg

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

. obscure punk rock albums on vinyl do not have much street value. 

Incorrect... Try to find a Hanson Brothers album and a used record store and your jaw will drop at the price.

The smaller the runs the more rare the record. And a lot of these bands grew in popularity and influence.

Edited by Michael Hardner

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

shopping-in-new-york-scaled.jpg

Incorrect... Try to find a Hanson Brothers album and a used record store and your jaw will drop at the price.

The smaller the runs the more rare the record. And a lot of these bands grew in popularity and influence.

You assume that most folks on the street are going to know about these obscure punk rock albums and then also want them.  And lastly be willing to pay a relatively high price for them. I know that I am unique in the spectrum. I once paid $150 for a punk rock album.. the sound quality was awful but at least I can say that I have a complete collection.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

a sealed copy of Husker Du - Lyndale's Burning. Its a bootleg but it was in mint condition. Probably overpaid but that finished the collection of Husker Du, Sugar, Bob Mould. 

One question: How can you say you have a complete collection if you're including bootlegs and comps? Aren't they just going to release and then discovered live tape from 1986 to vinyl in a couple of months and then you'll need to get that?

Have you ever heard of the comic artist Harvey Pekar?  Filmmaker Alan Zweig?

They did vinyl obsession a great Justice with a few of their pieces.

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Indeed the shop life is grand in New York...

Absolutely. You don't even need to pay for stuff in New York. Just be a certain skin color, be part of a large animal gang, and you get stuff for free.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Having seen shop life in NYC up close last year.. it was was quite nice. Went to comic book stores, record stores, book stores, and was quite impressed. Could there have been folks shoplifting? Possibly.. obscure punk rock albums on vinyl do not have much street value. 

Yeah, like those animals will even THINK of robbing a book store. Ranks right up there with robbing a shoe store for working boots, or breaking into a job training center for some job leads.

You know something? It has sweet f*** all to do with politics left or right.

They just called me in to repair a major store's security system. It was simply unplugged months ago and only noticed when Head Office sent peopl to see why that store'sales * profits were down.

A: The employees did it. On purpose. If they don't see a shoplifter on the camera, they don't have to DO anything about it. Their reasoning was 'because I don't get paid enough to get punched in the face' and 'I could get sued b the shoplifter (and know the company would not back them up, just fire them).

B: They pay so badly that for years if I went into that store I'd find the "reduced to just TWO workers' sitting on boxes of goods they hadn't put on the shelf playing with their phones. Or hiding in the back room and didn't come out until you rang the bell at the till repeatedly. ALL the overhead lights in the back of the store were burnt out and had been for years. Dust bunnies everywhere. The previous manager had quit when she was refused a raise and went to be a grocery clerk at a unionized store fora better rate of $17 hr.

It ain't no left/right problem, it's lazy work ethic and corporate greed snowballing us into disaster territory. This was an budget retail chain outlet 10,000 sq ft trying to run on just two minimum wage employees. So they only staff they;d ever attract were ones no one else would hire because they were basically useless wastes of skin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

How can you say you have a complete collection if you're including comps? Aren't they just going to release and then discovered live tape from 1986 to vinyl in a couple of months and then you'll need to get that?

Have you ever heard of the comic artist Harvey Pekar?  Filmmaker Alan Zweig?

They did vinyl obsession a great Justice with a few of their pieces.

Now... wait a second. You are expecting rationality. There probably is or will be some box set or compilation that will have this bootleg live recording and then I will look dumb. Its like some cheesy sitcom where the guy runs out to spend $50 on something and then gets home and realizes that he has it already just without a few swirls or extra colors on the label. I have three artists that I tend to go too far with; The Cure, Husker Du/Sugar/Bob Mould, and Pearl Jam. Every record store day item of theirs.. I go out and get. 

Edited by impartialobserver
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

A lot of these places seem to survive on brand image and astronomical markups.

I've seen a few of the items they carry on that Liquidator show.

THe point I was trying to make is that shoplifting haa gone up everywhere, no matter who's "in charge". Money's tight, homeless are all over, wages are low, lawyers are rampant A Perfect Shitstorm.