Canadian sport policy slammed after trans woman shatters female weightlifting record

These are all interesting stories that show the complex dynamics between men and women.  On the one hand men are deplored as toxic when they make unwanted sexual advances or apply sexist stereotypes on women. No one should be sexually harassed or assaulted, clearly. On the other hand, most women like a powerful male who knows how to take charge and be chivalrous in a quite traditional way.  No wise man wants to be associated with the former toxic version, but it’s hard to aspire to the second chivalrous strong version without being interpreted as overpowering and sexist from time to time.  It’s also problematic because if a woman so much as accused a man of inappropriate behaviour, the consequences can be far reaching.  Yet there is much validity to the metoo movement and the problem of sexual assault and abuse of women.

I think men have to walk a fine line in the dating game today. I don’t think turning men into eunuchs or feminizing them is what most women want.  So many women complain about the fact that the males they know are gay or unable to “be a man”.

As Nietzsche said, “Only the man in man can bring out the woman in woman.”

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

On the other hand, most women like a powerful male who knows how to take charge and be chivalrous in a quite traditional way. 

Have you asked any recently?

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Almost every woman I know wants a man in her life who is very responsible, respectful, hard-working, makes good money, looks masculine, and is chivalric.

Duh, who wouldn't?

I always wanted a woman who was very responsible, respectful, hard-working, made good money, looked feminine, and was polite, honest and decent towards me.

Do they want them to take charge?

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Duh, who wouldn't?

I always wanted a woman who was very responsible, respectful, hard-working, made good money, looked feminine, and was polite, honest and decent towards me.

Do they want them to take charge?

Often yes but not always.  The hard truth is that there’s a reason why Fifty Shades of Grey was so popular.  Some of the same women who publicly complain about traditional male and female roles privately fantasize about them.  Again, so much is in the how.  If the man is really strong and noble and can live up to the fantasy, I think most women desire that.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The rest of that evening was spent in silence but, she never hit me again.

I experienced similar.

She threw a series of haymakers at me. I have a background in combat, so dodged them all, and my "omg" reaction, set her anger ablaze.

Keep in mind, it's years of it. 

I had enough. I grabbed her wrists, and squeezed with every ounce of strength in my body--back then was bench pressing 225lbs.

So, it hurt her. And I whispered in her ear: "please don't make me hurt you". 

That was enough to traumatize her in knowing I could grievously hurt her if wanting to. 

She never hit me again, but that event was my losing the remaining respect I  still had for her. The trust was already gone, so once you lose what is left, you might as well end things.

It wasn't long before I told her I wanted a divorce.

40 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Christ defends all who believe in Him

no matter what you have done

if you come to Jesus in the end, you will be saved

Saul becomes Paul when he sees the light on the road to Damascus

Give it up dude...you defend and make excuses for a couple of torturers and murderers. No matter how you slice it, you are condoning their actions.

You are a christian by self  labelling only, not by action.