Mothers shield kids as man gunned down

http://tinyurl.com/cu829 Toronto Star

Another shooting in Toronto very close to a day care centre...

Mothers used their own bodies to shield terrified children from gunfire that broke out metres from a North York daycare and resulted in the death of a young father Friday night, police said.

Police are looking for two suspects in the shooting of Cordell Charles Skinner, 25, a Toronto resident and father who was gunned down at approximately 5:30 p.m. while he was visiting at Turf Grassway, a public housing property south of the intersection of Jane St. and Finch Ave

“If they were targeting Mr. Skinner specifically, that’s awful enough. But to do it in such a populated area with children all over the place, they have to be ashamed of themselves.”

Gee, I wonder if any of these guys have registered their firearms :rolleyes:

Wonder if a new basketball court and community centre would have stopped it, yeah, they'll register their guns and play ball instead. :ph34r:

A number of people shot up in downtown Toronto near the Eaton centre today.  What a mess.  So much for the gun registry eh!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ing-051226.html

This is ridiculous!!! Absolute crap...what the hell is going on with this country!!! I wish people would open up their eyes and realize THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING THEIR GUNS LEGALY..so banning them will do NOTHING!!!

You need to beat some people and send them to jail for a hell of a long time...you get caught with a gun and it's not legal..5 years in prison, no questions asked.

A number of people shot up in downtown Toronto near the Eaton centre today.  What a mess.  So much for the gun registry eh!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ing-051226.html

This is ridiculous!!! Absolute crap...what the hell is going on with this country!!! I wish people would open up their eyes and realize THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING THEIR GUNS LEGALY..so banning them will do NOTHING!!!

Yes, but it's the only acceptable thing to talk about. For else we might consider that which must not be spoken aloud - the massive prevelance of visible minorities involved in violent street crime. Most of them immigrants.

Yes, but it's the only acceptable thing to talk about. For else we might consider that which must not be spoken aloud - the massive prevelance of visible minorities involved in violent street crime. Most of them immigrants.

Those same community groups that banded together in Toronto last month to tell Paul Martin: "Please take our guns away so that we stop shooting each other!"

-k

Those same community groups that banded together in Toronto last month to tell Paul Martin: "Please take our guns away so that we stop shooting each other!"

-k

Yes, those were the ones. They said "Do something to protect black people from killing Black people, but no, we don't mean stiffer sentences and more police! We mean, like, give us money and stuff!"

One of the major reasons why gun violence flourishes in Toronto is because it's in the Black community and the Black community won't cooperate with police. You can have a shooting at a club in front of a hundred witnesses and by the time the cops get there they'll all have fled and none will contact police.

Seeing the picture of that girl that the police released this evening, I think this event is going to colour the rest of the election campaign. People will be angry--not only angry that a $2B gun control problem obviously did less than nothing towards solving the problem, but angry that there is a likelihood that whoever was responsible will be convicted and, yet, one day be free to go shopping on Yonge St.

Conservatives will rightfully jump on this issue. I think the other parties would be wise to jump on a strong law-and-order platform quickly. :angry:

Seeing the picture of that girl that the police released this evening, I think this event is going to colour the rest of the election campaign. People will be angry--not only angry that a $2B gun control problem obviously did less than nothing towards solving the problem, but angry that there is a likelihood that whoever was responsible will be convicted and, yet, one day be free to go shopping on Yonge St.

Conservatives will rightfully jump on this issue. I think the other parties would be wise to jump on a strong law-and-order platform quickly. :angry:

I don't think so. Law and order are losing issues for the NDP and Liberals. Nobody really believes they care or will do anything. On the other side of the fence, I would suggest even those who don't like the Conservatives will probably admit that they are by far the most likely to crack down on crime, especially violent crime, and on an incompetent immigration system which brings in tens of thousands of undesirables every year and then can't kick them out when they commit crimes.