Happy American Pride Month!

25 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Hoping everyone had a great Independence Day, even you freedom hating sociopaths on the Left. ;)

In spirit of July the 4th, let's talk about why the US is the greatest nation on Earth.

I like Shapiro's take: 

I think a lot of what he says there is subjective - 'the best creed'?  Some will say so others will not. It's kind of like 'IF you like what america has better than other things, then america is the best".   Well...  not WRONG but not really entirely objective.  SOME of it is objective and measurable but a lot isn't.

I would tend to look at it differenty, i would say that if i were to argue america is the best, it's because of it demonstrably has the best ability to reinvent itself and correct whatever the current generation believes is wrong and enhance what is right, even if that is positive or negative. 

THey had slavery - they got rid of it in a relatively short time as an actual country and then made additional changes faster and faster to the point now where even racism is fairly low key compared to other nations and histories. That happened remarkably quickly if you look at other nations.

They can swing to the left when they feel like it or to the right when they feel like it very quickly. So whatever the public wants today they can make the changes necessary to have. I don't always agree with their choices but that ability is huge

So - in that respect i'd say they are at the top of the list when it comes to having a country that represents it's people's wishes  fairly well.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What are these links for ?  No context for me and I have most others on this thread on IGNORE

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What are these links for ?  No context for me and I have most others on this thread on IGNORE

You mean you can't click on the links?? 

image.gif.dde525115631ecccdae6b5f7b7497bdf.gif