Income Trust Leak

Kiraly

http://www.mkbraaten.com/2005/12/29/ctv-pr...of-actual-leak/

This is heating up, wonder if this could be the straw that broke the camel's back and good bye Liberals.

Oh I do hope so. For the sake of the country I pray we have a change of government.

If after all these strings of corruptions, scandals and incredible waste of taxpayers' money (which could've been better spent in much needed areas such as Healthcare), the Liberals still win....my God!. It will be hopeless!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far it appears that it will be the end of the deal for the Liberals.

Have to see how the media reacts to events in the new year, but it seems like the narrative on this campaign has been written.

This is the first time since 84 that the Liberals have been on the defensive and forced to defend themselves. We all saw how good they were at doing so in that election. :lol:

This is heating up, wonder if this could be the straw that broke the camel's back and good bye Liberals.

It appears now that Goody Goodale and his crew didn't leak the news but it was done by someone in the PMO's office.

Was it Paul?

Globe and Mail

Aides to the Prime Minister were told about a taxation change for income trusts "some time immediately before" Mr. Goodale made the announcement after markets had closed on Nov. 23, Pat Breton, a spokesman for Mr. Goodale, said yesterday.

While it is not unusual for the PMO to be informed of high-profile policy announcements, this indicates that the list of officials who had advance knowledge of the pending change went beyond the Finance Department and Mr. Goodale's office

That is tough, tough news for Dithers.

Expanding the scope of the investigation definitely means that this will be a news item for a few more days.

The longer this is at the top of the news the closer Harper gets to 24 Sussex Drive.

It appears now that Goody Goodale and his crew didn't leak the news but it was done by  someone in the PMO's office.

Was it Paul?

From the RC's themselves yesterday:

Former RCMP Commissioner Norman Inkster rejected the notion that investigators are being used as political pawns during the election campaign. He told CTV's David Akin the RCMP officers will approach the investigation as they would any other.

"They look for corroboration of evidence that might have been given to them or information that might have been given to them to see whether there's some substance to the allegation. So that's the review process," Inkster said.

www.ctv.ca

A L L E G A T I O N, get that folks?

A L L E G A T I O N, get that folks?

"Allegation", isn't that the politically-correct word meaning Liberals' corruptions? :blink:

If I'm mistaken, it must be because so many Libarals alleged-allegations have in the end been proven as corruptions indeed, that I tend to confuse the two together as meaning one and the same thing.

An interesting side to this affair is that it may be causing a backlash against the oh so upright opposition.

Yesterday I was talking with a couple of people, one Conservative and one NDP, about this. Both are furious and are going to vote Liberal.

They are sick of the "Lynch mob" mentality that is characterizing opposition politics from Gomery on.

Yeah, sure.

Supporters of opposition parties are soooo mad at the RCMP for investigating suspicious stock tradig they are going to vote Liberal because of it. :lol:

OMG, that is the most pathetic attempt at spin I have *ever* heard.

An interesting side to this affair is that it may be causing a backlash against the oh so upright opposition.

Yesterday I was talking with a couple of people, one Conservative and one NDP, about this. Both are furious and are going to vote Liberal.

They are sick of the "Lynch mob" mentality that is characterizing opposition politics from Gomery on.

Supporters of opposition parties are soooo mad at the RCMP for investigating suspicious stock tradig they are going to vote Liberal because of it.  :lol:

OMG, that is the most pathetic attempt at spin I have *ever* heard.

:) I think we have our winner for "dumb remark of the day".

I'm talking to lot's of people and they're shocked and dismayed at this latest scandal in the making. These are/were Liberals. The pattern of denying wrongdoing only to have these scandals exposed, is making them crazy. With two exceptions they will vote Conservative or NDP- anybody but the :D Liberals. :D

Eueka,

You're becoming more Liebral as the days go on.

It is the conservatives around here. They drive people to Liberalism. :lol:

I think we have our winner for "dumb remark of the day".

Another example of pure conservative arrogance, and distain for people with different views. <_<

After 12 years of Liberal arrogance and distain for all Canadians , it just sort of  begins to brush off. 

My friend just read your comment over my shoulder and told me that she is now changing her vote from Conservative to Liberal.

Thanks a bunch. :(

HP, you really don't get it.

Go ahead. Make the election about voting against the party that the electorate view as the most arrogant.

I really wish you were in the Liberal war room. Your posts are pure gold .... for the Conservatives, NDP and Bloc. :lol:

Another example of pure conservative arrogance, and distain for people with different views.  <_<

HP, you really don't get it.

Go ahead. Make the election about voting against the party that the electorate view as the most arrogant.

I really wish you were in the Liberal war room. Your posts are pure gold .... for the Conservatives, NDP and Bloc.  :lol:

Another example of pure conservative arrogance, and distain for people with different views.  <_<

You don't get it. You are all an example of the point of views and attitudes of the conservative party. As examples, there have been attitudes and view points that have been displayed in this forum which have left me with no other choice but to support a party I don't want to, in order to help ensure the attitudes and views I have witnessed here don't get the opportunity to form policy for this country.

HP,

Yet again, going on the attack and ignoring a valid point made against you. A Liberal supporter trying to point the CPC as arrogant is sad and disingenuous.

Let's be realistic. Since you started here you have been nothing but a mouthpiece for the Liberals. Not saying that is a bad thing, but try to be *honest*.

If you look at my posts I favour lower taxes, government leaving choices in the hands of people and I am sickened by the Liberals arrogance and corruption. You could say I have 1.14 million reasons to vote Conservative.

Despite protestations to the contrary this board is pretty neutral. There are viewpoints from all along the political spectrum. I have no interest in sites like FreeDominion (despite supporting the Conservatives) or Rabble (because I am not rabidly left wing). Politics is about debate, understanding your opponents views and exposing the flaws in them.

*Honestly* your posts indicate that your mind was made up long before you got here. :lol:

You don't get it. You are all an example of the point of views and attitudes of the conservative party. As examples, there have been attitudes and view points that have been displayed in this forum which have left me with no other choice but to support a party I don't want to, in order to help ensure the attitudes and views I have witnessed here don't get the opportunity to form policy for this country.

*Honestly* your posts indicate that your mind was made up long before you got here.

My opposition to the conservative party has never been in question. Their policies are full of holes and are nothing more than Election headline grabbing flash and dash.

My support for the liberals grew out of witnessing baseless attacks by conservatives here. I step in to point out that something hasn't been proven as a fact, or point out one of the gaping holes in the CPC promises, and I was insulted and called a "liberal" as if it where a racial slur. Since the Liberals are the only party who have a chance of defeating the CPC, and this type of sentiment appears to go rightup to Harper himself, I had little choice of what I could do, to try and stop the CPC policies and attitudes from becoming Canada's policies and attitudes.

You at this site made me a liberal. Infact I will be volunteering at the local Liberal HQ this week. Without your "help" in making up my mind I would have voted GREEN, as I did in the last election. Since my wife and I vote together, the Green party curses you and the Liberal party thanks you. Oh ya and after 20+ years of arguing about politics, my Mom thanks you too.

:lol::lol:

Despite protestations to the contrary this board is pretty neutral.

That's priceless! This board is easily 1/2 conservative.

My support for the liberals grew out of witnessing baseless attacks by conservatives here.

Let's see,a Liberal,pretending to be a Green, changing his vote for Liberals,pretending that the reason to vote Liberal is based on a forum that you think is 1/2 full of conservatives.....now that's really priceless.

Try voting on issues that are relevant in your life. :)

My support for the liberals grew out of witnessing baseless attacks by conservatives here.

Let's see,a Liberal,pretending to be a Green, changing his vote for Liberals,pretending that the reason to vote Liberal is based on a forum that you think is 1/2 full of conservatives.....now that's really priceless.

Try voting on issues that are relevant in your life. :)

You care to back up yet another baseless accusation. Exactly what evidence do you have that I was a liberal before I came here, or that I am now Pretending to be a Green Supporter ?

You are sad. You have no proof at all to back yourself up.

Where else would be a good place to see what conservatives are really like but on a conservative dominated forum. Really, let's try to think a little bit here. I wasn't going to vote for the CPC's main rival until I came to understand the values that would be represented, and shared in Ottawa by a Conservative Govt.

Can you not read?

I am totally behind the liberals now. I wasn't before. It is the choice between evils.

The liberals thank you.

As for being considered liberal by my posts. You must believe that everybody who doesn't agree with Conservative policies is a Liberal. Well they're not. Just like not everyone who disagrees with liberal policies is a conservative. You don't have to be a liberal to find holes in flawed plans. As for not posting anti-liberal posts in any of the many threads that are here. What I found in those threads is what drove me over to the liberals dispite any corruption that is there.

It is too easy to see the same attitudes found here, in Harper.

I am sorry but you are trying to argue something about which you have nothing to support your argument. You don't know who I supported in the last election. If I had of been here, last time, the Liberals would have accused me of being a closet conservative. I know I got three other people to vote Green, last election. (unless they lied to me.) So, whatever. Happy Freaking New Years!