Why are they always allowed to get away with this?

A huge conflict of interest

...Charles Bird is a lobbyist for Bell Globemedia (owner of The Globe and Mail and CTV) and is the Ontario campaign chairman for the federal Liberals. He told Ontario MPs the electorate is "very volatile" and warned that "it's going to be a very negative campaign."

However, he vowed that Liberals will not be deterred.

This is the same bullshit as CNN allowing James Carville and Paul Begala to host Crossfire, while being advisors to the Kerry campaign. :angry:

(You may remember that Peggy Noonan did the ethical thing--taking a leave of absence from the Wall Street Journal when she went to work with the Bush campaign.)

How can we expect balanced reporting from CTV and the G&M?

We know we sure as hell can't expect balanced reporting from our state-run taxpayer-funded CBC--as they proved in their own words from their cbcunlocked website--where the CBC had links to radicals like Michael Moore, Ted Rall, and CBC reporters giving their "Gold Star Of The Day" to Kanye West for "saying what we all know is true--George Bush hates black people!"

If you were a CBC reporter, would you dare to criticize the Liberals, knowing that you might miss your chance to become Governor General?

Earlier this week, the CBC had a report on websites and described the ultra leftwing rabble.ca (to the left of the NDP on some issues) as having "the pulse of the nation".

And if that troll who constantly follows me is going to deny this, I can find the video clip in about 30 seconds--unless you are going to claim that the video clip is "bogus" too.

Conservatives always have this problem--fighting the ridiculous bias of the leftwing media.

Will my fellow Canadians resist the brainwashing (a la the Americans), or will they disappoint me again? :(

How about the National Post and the Sun chain of newspapers. Man, these guys are super-biased toward the right wing. Let me think of a few..hmm..Charles Adler, Peter Worthington, Tom Brodbeck, Douglas Fischer are just some of the columnists that are Pro-Conservative (in my opinion.)

Another thing I noticed is that most Western Canadian media is pro-right. I hope that most Western Canadians won't be brainwashed by this pro-right media.

Tostar has bought a large share in Canwest and CTV(I think thats what it was) Toronto Star is extremely biased, so expect more of bias.

CTV just ran a hatchet job on Harper, I'm not going to give it any publicity on here though. :)- I guess we can expect more if this type of journalism.

How about the National Post and the Sun chain of newspapers.    Man, these guys are super-biased toward the right wing.  Let me think of a few..hmm..Charles Adler, Peter Worthington, Tom Brodbeck, Douglas Fischer are just some of the columnists that are Pro-Conservative (in my opinion.)

Before becoming a columnist, Doug Fisher was elected to parliamnet for the CCF, famously defeating CD Howe, a leading minister in another arrogant Liberal government. It is true that people change their opinions over time but I have never heard anyone accuse Fisher of being "right-wing". (Wikjpedia)

The accusations of bias have less to do with columnists than such examples as this:

Christmas is fast approaching, and with it, the dilemma of what to give the less likable people in our lives: office mates, ex-spouses, born-again Christians.

G & M

It is just human bias under the pretense of objectivity.

Even though Global is owned by the liberal Asper family, I find them to be reasonably balanced, although according to them there is some country called "Palestine" in the Middle East.

CTV is biased to the left. No doubt in my mind. I still remember Mike Duffy going on a rampage when Belinda Stronach decided to run for the CP leadership--although in retrospect, he might have been on to something. <_<

I also saw--a couple of weeks back--Craig Oliver say to Mike Duffy, "What are you guys going to do to counter that?"...before correcting himself and saying, "What are the Liberals going to do to counter that?"

However, to be fair to Duffy, he did say this in a PEI newspaper:

But Duffy admits a Liberal bias at some media outlets makes it difficult for Harper and the Conservatives to get their message out.

“I’ve just been speaking to a couple of young journalists and I was shocked,” he said.

“One young journalist in New Brunswick said to me, ‘when I see Stephen Harper I see the enemy.’ It’s not journalists’ place to have enemies.”

Rovik, I anxiously await for your examples of federal conservative campaign chairmen who are lobbyists for two of the biggest media sources in the country.

*crickets chirping*

And the National Post "super biased to the right"? :o

It used to be a conservative paper, but with the departure of Conrad Black and Mark Steyn, and its acquisition by Canwest-Global, it has become a centrist newspaper.

How can we expect balanced reporting from CTV and the G&M?
All media outlets play to their audience which consists mainly of centerists. If these media outlets tried to meet your definition of 'fair' then they would lose tons of viewers/readers because they would perceive such coverage to be blantent right wing propoganda.

Face it MB - you are so far to the right on so many issues that you are not even qualified to pass judgement on the bias in any media source.

In my OP, I noted that the CBC had earlier described the far-leftwing website rabble.ca as "having the pulse of the nation."

Just now I was flipping through the channels and stopped at CBC Newsworld because they were talking about political blogs.

Guess whose blog they were triumphing today?

Robert McLelland's Myblahg website! :o

Yes, THAT Robert McLelland--the same leftwing NDP extremist who trolls all the rightwing Canadian websites spewing his insane inanities in the comments sections. I believe Robert McLelland is one of those paid operatives that the left is so famous for. No one can spend that much time on the internet if they have a job. Even a home-based business would require some time working. He claims he is 40 y/o, so I doubt that he is retired.

Of course, Mr. McLelland was saying that the GST cut helps the productive more than the non-productive. You see, if you are productive, you do not deserve a tax break; only the non-productive do.

It is utter bulls**t that right-leaning Canadians are forced to pay for this hard-left tripe spewed by the CBC. :angry:

I can only hope that Harper wins a majority and that he disbands this radical taxpayer-funded news organization that brainwashes Canada's weakminded.

And no, the CBC never profiled even one rightwing blog both times they spotlighted blogs.

Did someone mention Fisher? Interestingly, Fisher's column today is on - media bias.

Watch CBC-TV reporters Susan Bonner and Julie Van Dusen, covering Martin and Harper respectively. In my view, Bonner seems sunny and rather impressed to be with Martin; Van Dusen, befitting her "gotcha" zeal, excels at highlighting the grievances of dissident Tories and cleverly, repetitiously pointing up Harper's shortcomings.

Change channels and over at CTV, husky-voiced Lisa LaFlamme may again be chortling about a topical line deriding the Conservatives, just given her by a Liberal caller.

Media bias

When pointing to conservative bias in Canadian media, liberals always point to the National Post, which recently had an editorial protesting the fact that a lesbian bookstore in Vancouver gets its new stock inspected to insure it doesn't contravene Canada's weak laws. How's that for Conservative bias. There might be one or two other newspapers that are centrist, but the fact of the matter is fewer and fewer people read them anymore, the action is in tv networks.

And this is where the anti-Conservative bias is sooo obvious. The link you provided, Argus is what I've noticed all along for myself. For the Conservatives to win, they are going to have to beat the networks as well. Time will tell.

an editorial protesting the fact that a lesbian bookstore in Vancouver gets its new stock inspected to insure it doesn't contravene Canada's weak laws.
Part of the problem is the homophobic segment of our population always gets lumped in with the fiscal conservatives - The NP is an economically right wing paper, however, it does not necessarily mean it will support every position of the religious right

I've been a suscriber of the NP for 5 years. When the paper changed hands 2 or 3 years ago, their editorial content went decidedly to the left of where they had been. They are no longer right wing, but I still read it because it's to the right of most of the left leaning papers out there.

In my OP, I noted that the CBC had earlier described the far-leftwing website rabble.ca as "having the pulse of the nation."

Just now I was flipping through the channels and stopped at CBC Newsworld because they were talking about political blogs.

Guess whose blog they were triumphing today?

Robert McLelland's Myblahg website!  :o

Yes, THAT Robert McLelland--the same leftwing NDP extremist who trolls all the rightwing Canadian websites spewing his insane inanities in the comments sections.  I believe Robert McLelland is one of those paid operatives that the left is so famous for.  No one can spend that much time on the internet if they have a job.  Even a home-based business would require some time working.  He claims he is 40 y/o, so I doubt that he is retired.

Of course, Mr. McLelland was saying that the GST cut helps the productive more than the non-productive.  You see, if you are productive, you do not deserve a tax break; only the non-productive do. 

It is utter bulls**t that right-leaning Canadians are forced to pay for this hard-left tripe spewed by the CBC.  :angry:

I can only hope that Harper wins a majority and that he disbands this radical taxpayer-funded news organization that brainwashes Canada's weakminded.

And no, the CBC never profiled even one rightwing blog both times they spotlighted blogs.

I read about that on ProudtobeCanadian.ca the CBC should be out of the news business alltogether, unless it can be neutral with its reporting. Excellent post by the way.